It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Yelled “Black Lives Matter!” After Attacking Police Officer at Traffic Stop

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

Explain to me how you are having your freedoms taken away for not wearing it, are you loosing your 1st or 2nd amendment right for not wearing a seatbelt, in most states its a $10 fine if you can't afford that you have some bigger problems to deal with, as I have stated I could care less if you wear it or not, its your own decision but just be prepared to answer for it when and if you get stopped.

Going to the OP, the officer was in every right to stop the motorist for not wearing it, it was the motorist fault for what happened next, all he had to do was answer the officers questions and he probably would have been on his way with or without a ticket, but like I stated before im guessing he has had run ins with law enforcement before and had a tick on his shoulder about them.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Every freedom is important. Picking and choosing is where we get into trouble.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Every freedom is important. Picking and choosing is where we get into trouble.

Your right about every freedom, but what privilege has been stripped from you for wearing a seatbelt? Laws can exist with out perverting the constitution and a seatbelt law is far from perverting the constitution.
edit on 9-7-2017 by xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: caf1550

Explain to me how you are having your freedoms taken away for not wearing it, are you loosing your 1st or 2nd amendment right for not wearing a seatbelt, in most states its a $10 fine if you can't afford that you have some bigger problems to deal with, as I have stated I could care less if you wear it or not, its your own decision but just be prepared to answer for it when and if you get stopped.

Going to the OP, the officer was in every right to stop the motorist for not wearing it, it was the motorist fault for what happened next, all he had to do was answer the officers questions and he probably would have been on his way with or without a ticket, but like I stated before im guessing he has had run ins with law enforcement before and had a tick on his shoulder about them.

Wow, you did not read what i wrote, go chill, meditate or whatever it is u do then go back and read what i wrote...

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

No I read what you wrote and like I said, what freedoms are you being deprived of by this happening, the answer is nothing none of your freedoms are being destroyed by being stopped for this.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: caf1550

No I read what you wrote and like I said, what freedoms are you being deprived of by this happening, the answer is nothing none of your freedoms are being destroyed by being stopped for this.

I never said any of my freedoms were, you need to chill. So i guess you read it but your brain couldnt process what i meant. Everyone on here trying to pick a fight tonight?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

There is no way to measure or weight a freedom. Every freedom is important. Forcing someone to do anything that is for their own good is a very perilous reason to make law.

I agree it is a small issue, but it is very important to keep the govt out of out personal freedoms and be vigilant for over reaching laws and penalties. This has been an overreach.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

There is no way to measure or weight a freedom. Every freedom is important. Forcing someone to do anything that is for their own good is a very perilous reason to make law.

I agree it is a small issue, but it is very important to keep the govt out of out personal freedoms and be vigilant for over reaching laws and penalties. This has been an overreach.

Well when someone flys out of there car and smashes into another car that can be a problem. Or how about a drunk driver smashing into another car full of people not wearing a seatbelt, drunk driver lives, half the other people die. Seat belt laws are not stripping anyone of rights, freedoms, nor is it perverting the constitution. Wow, do people really believe when a cop is doing there job they are perverting the constitution by this?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
If the folk on this thread had paid as much attention to the PATRIOT Act as they are currently lavishing upon vehicle safety laws, George W Bush would currently be in prison (having avoided execution due to being able to afford good lawyers) and you'd actually have something worth arguing about.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Still havent answered my question, what freedoms are being taken from you by wearing a seatbelt? If you cant give me a straight answer then dont answer at all. Tired of people like you that just wanna beat around a bush.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

It is also safer to wear a helmet and a belt in a car. But I would wager that would be considered a violation of freedoms.

I agree it is silly. But the silliness is forcing a free person to wear a belt. I always air on the side of freedom.

Do you?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

This thread isn't about the patriot act, and you are 100% correct.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

It is also safer to wear a helmet and a belt in a car. But I would wager that would be considered a violation of freedoms.

I agree it is silly. But the silliness is forcing a free person to wear a belt. I always air on the side of freedom.

Do you?

What freedom is taken from you wearing a seatbelt?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Perhaps it would help if seatbelts got a PR makeover. "Freedom Belts" has a nice ring to it (NPI).

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

The right not to wear it.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

Do you?

Freedom of choice

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

The right not to wear it.

Wow, do you have hobby's? Work? I mean, something that really matters in life?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

You asked and now you smart mouth an honest reply?

Do you disagree?

And I agree it is a wonderful idea to stay in the car if there is an accident. But it should not be a law.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

Do you?

Freedom of choice

Seatbelts do not take away freedom of decision making, wow, mind blown. I never understood why people make such big deals out of petty crap. Hey, next time you go ride a roller coaster dont let those silly park guys violate your freedoms and make you wear your belt!
edit on 9-7-2017 by xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

If you do not put the belt on you are breaking the law, if you do you are now lawful.

Would you support more safety equipment being mandated by laws?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join