It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump and Putin discussed forming an impenetrable Cyber Security unit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: BlueAjah
When you have organizations dedicated to nothing but hacking other nations then there is only one way to protect your secrets and that is to not have them on the net in the first place.

Other than my posts in this thread, this is the most intelligent post in this thread. I mean really, Buster's post is the end of this thread. Nothing more to say! That's it, over!
edit on 9-7-2017 by Starbuck799 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Until 9-11 America believed it was safe, because we had two oceans between us and our enemies. America believed we were safe from Russian hacking, because it never occurred to them, "who would have thought". Cyber threats were brought up to Congress by the previous administration as far back as 2009, nothing coming out of Congress until 2015 after major retailer hacks in 2013.

Going forth, we do not need Russia to tell us how to proceed with our election security. Americans already can take care of it themselves, only because we finally have the will to do something about it:

100 experts tell Congress how to improve election security

of course, the source is Trump's "fake news", and it mentions "academic elites"....

We are just now being forced to play catch up, and that is good, because we are increasingly being connected to the internet.

Russia attacked us in 21st cen cyberwar every bit as if they would have dropped a bomb on us during the Cold War. In this Cyber War, Donald Trump was their weapon, and, with civilian help, they succeeded. Just as dropping the first nuclear weapon on two cities in Japan informed us as to its effects on populations, so, too, dropping DJT into Washington, D.C., informed the Russians of just what a useful tool their weapon ended up being to further Russian interests.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I don't think anything government, any of our energy grid, or any of our banks should be tied to the regular internet at all. No bankcards at all except for credit cards. Right now someone can clean out your savings out of a bank and all they need is your check routing numbers, which is found on checks and even on direct payment of credit cards and loan payments.

We have allowed ourselves to be at risk beyond belief. Nobody forty years ago would have put money into a bank where someone could hack the money out. Nothing is safe anymore.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

One more thing.... as long as some Americans are ok with a foreign country attacking those Americans' opponents, we are rolling out the welcome mat to our enemies. A reading of the full transcript of the GOP leadership meeting in June 2016 reveals only one, possibly two, people in that room who were aghast that Russia was trying to do the same thing here that they had seen done to other countries. Destabilize. Russia wanting to attack and to destroy or weaken an opponent.

In that room, Paul Ryan was well aware of what was happening, but he and McCarthy laughed it off, because it was happening to their opponents, the DNC, and not to them. They swore their fellow members to secrecy. Knowing that a foreign country is attacking but purposefully doing nothing about it and swearing secrecy seems tantamount to treason.

Our societal and governmental weaknesses made us vulnerable to attack, the Russians merely exploited our weaknesses.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You are on to something re regular internet connection. Talk about being a "random idiot" on the internet...I think I got an award for that somewhere at home...but I managed to get through Clarke's and Eddy's book, Warnings about catastrophes, and they mention something that sort of sounds like what you might be getting at. Anyway, the authors' bottom line is that , "Thete is no magic bullet, and correcting these vulnerabilities will be a drawn-out, expensive endeavor."

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Sorry, i just can't help it.... having a laugh... mentioning Putin weaponizing Trump... Trump Sr and Jr are Russia's Fat Man and Little Boy .... google if you don't know what I'm referring to....

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
You know how to get the Russians to stop messing with our elections? We stop doing it to them and other countries too,

This might be one of the more naive statements in a while.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Again, since Russia did more than just get into hardware and software, I have some despair over the length of time needed to mentally arm ourselves against modern Russia propaganda attacks. That weakness Russia exploited pre-election, but because Trump is so good at that type of propaganda, everyday he weakens democracy and his own citizens by his employing it as POTUS. To wit

The ultimate purpose of all this—the 4Ds, the phony news stories, and the trolls and bots that amplify them—isn’t so much to prove a particular set of facts, but rather to distort information so that no one knows what to believe. This uncertainty benefits the propaganda pusher, whether it is Trump or the Kremlin. “The point is to get people so emotional and so confused that they give up on the debate. And once you’ve done that, you’ve silenced the voice of a potential critic,” says Nimmo. “If they can do it long enough and if people generally switch off from the mainstream media, it gets so much easier to spread the lies.”

The 4D's

Dismiss: Dismissing uncomfortable allegations or facts is second nature to most politicians. When nine women accused Trump of groping or kissing them without their consent, he first accused Hillary Clinton’s campaign of orchestrating the allegations. A day later, during the third presidential debate, he claimed, falsely, “Those stories have been largely debunked.”
Distract: Another way propagandists dodge facts is to throw out distracting stories or counterclaims. ...Trump’s standout moment of distraction came when he was asked about the Access Hollywood video during the second presidential debate. Rather than addressing his taped boasts of grabbing women “by the pussy”, he went after Bill Clinton.
Distort: If you don’t like the facts, invent your own....As has been well documented, Trump is shameless about distorting his (and other people’s) record.
Dismay: The final tool in the propagandists tool kit is the least subtle. “If you don’t like what somebody is planning politically, scare them off,” ...Trump’s use of this tactic could be heard in the mantralike “Lock her up!” chants at his campaign rallies... he openly threatened Clinton, warning her that, “If I win I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation.”

The Kremlin Would Be Proud of Trump’s Propaganda Playbook

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Politics is about power.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

But, are you a good power or a bad power? ... paraphrasing Glinda The Good Witch from The Wizard of Oz

politics: "the activities associated with the governance of a country or other area, especially the debate or conflict among individuals or parties having or hoping to achieve power."

Politics is the method to gain power in government. Castle intrigue is politics in a monarchy, ex.

How do citizens want their politicians to conduct themselves in a corrupted system? Right now, over the span of 20 years, the American federal system given by the Founding Leaders has weakened in two ways, (to the point Russia was able to score a direct hit with their non-kinetic weapons: hacking and propaganda)

1) we no longer have two political parties with Compromise (the system they left us), but rather one faction refusing to compromise with a party. We were warned not to let this happen.
2) politicians have been made to be increasingly beholden to outside money (either directly by "donations" to offset costs of campaigning and holding office, or indirectly by the influence of dark money and the effects of Citizens United), basically legalized bribery.

To explain to citizens of other countries, the US has a de facto parliament without any means to force compromise. The party in power now has allowed itself to become so ideologically extreme over the last 20 years, that there is very little on which the party out of power can compromise. It was not like this before 20 years ago!

Basically, American govt has become to be run by corporations and oligarchy with a de facto unworkable parliamentary system. I still have Constitutional Rights, but am very unlikely to be heard by my Congressman. .... but things will change now... they must....

ETA Trump is the end result of this dysfunction, the pus-filled abscess that is a symptom of the disease that must be eradicated.
edit on 9-7-2017 by desert because: ETA

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
hahaha Funny Trump! Now he just tweeted

"The fact that President Putin and I discussed a Cyber Security unit doesn't mean I think it can happen. It can't-but a ceasefire can,& did!"

@realDonaldTrump

"it can't"....What a back-slapping blowhard! You even had Sec Mnuchin go on tv to say what a "very significant accomplishment" it was for you. Well, at least everyone else you fool is in the same company as Sec Mnuchin etal.
edit on 9-7-2017 by desert because: !

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

No, just no. You don't form/create a firewall with potential HACKERS....Dumbest thing I ever heard of yet!!!!!! Also trump is now backtracking on that stupid idea! Why? Because he was told it was stupid!!!

edit on 10-7-2017 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: desert
hahaha Funny Trump! Now he just tweeted

"The fact that President Putin and I discussed a Cyber Security unit doesn't mean I think it can happen. It can't-but a ceasefire can,& did!"

@realDonaldTrump

"it can't"....What a back-slapping blowhard! You even had Sec Mnuchin go on tv to say what a "very significant accomplishment" it was for you. Well, at least everyone else you fool is in the same company as Sec Mnuchin etal.

The POTUS, thinks we are stupid, well at least he thinks his supporters are. Why on Gods green earth, would ANY time even be spent entertaining the thought of creating a mutual cyber security system at all? I mean we all know to trump time is money. Thank God for his stupid twitter account! All of the stupidity on that twitter feed, is history! He cant take back all of his tweets that are lies, and or mislead...........

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yeah but don't forget Rubio gets his intel from the media

The only thing strange not leaked...

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

Trump get's his from Fox News and Alex Jones.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

To quote the powerful JRE

"One of these Fucts is lying!"

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
wouldn't something like microsoft be a better partner? consult them and then buy a better version of windows..
or are they still running on punched cards??

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
Why on Gods green earth, would ANY time even be spent entertaining the thought of creating a mutual cyber security system at all?

That G20 meeting with Putin could very well be looked at in history as an act of appeasement by the POTUS, a la the Neville Chamberlain appeasement of Hitler was to a previous generation. One difference I see, however, is that Chamberlain was acting in what he thought was the best interest of his country, whereas Trump only acts in the best interest of himself.

Trump, a feckless appeaser.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join