It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump and Putin discussed forming an impenetrable Cyber Security unit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
To block cyber snooping and interfering in elections once and for all. Russia has presidential election next year and they don't want CIA snooping around, so this is a good move on Putin's part safeguarding Russia's election integrity. IMO this should have been done a long time ago. Elections are sacred and there should never have been snooping around in the first place.

twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Basically an internet firewall so the governments have more control over what we see and do.
The internet as we know it is under attack , I see no reason to support governments restricting our cyber freedom.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Super powers super snoop on each other all the time. Everyone knows that.

Agreements between heads of state are for public consumption. But what 'agreement'? We have seen a hundred photos of Trump and Putin sitting together, gesturing, their lips moving, but have no audio to listen too, or what they discussed away from the camera, anyway. You won't hear what they say ever, not even a transcript (if you can believe those). The only thing that could give us the slightest clue would be a 'whoops hot mic' but thats never going to happen, revealing whats actually said concerning the business between states.

All we get in the News background is file footage style photo ops, moving images, silent films... then told what we are supposed to know by the MSM.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

But ........................

RUSSIANS !!

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Jeezeus, Donald has always talked as if to young ones, but not two year olds.......him need prolonged trip to the funny farm.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

This is a mockery. Look into how "free" and "fair" the Russian elections really are.

Trump is fast becoming more and more of a clear and present danger to the US.

Good Lord. Reagan is spinning in his grave.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
LOL Gotta love Lil Marco Rubio!

Rubio: Trump cyber pact with Putin like a 'Chemical Weapons Unit' with Assad

On Sunday, Rubio also tweeted: “We have no quarrel with Russia or the Russian people. Problem is with Putin & his oppression, war crimes & interference in our elections,” and “While reality & pragmatism requires that we engage Vladimir Putin, he will never be a trusted ally or a reliable constructive partner.”

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
And in other news...

Sauron and the Fellowship of the Ring are joining forces to get the One Ring into Mordor to "properly dispose of it once and for all."

What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Doesn't matter what you do, you will never be able to stop Social Engineering. Pretty sure that was how Podesta's emails were hacked. And I say hacked very loosely, as I see it, giving someone your password is not hacking in any real sense of the word.
edit on 9-7-2017 by Starbuck799 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
So to keep the Russians from hacking our election, let's make them a part of our cyber security.

Why am I not surprised this administration came up with this idea.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

If we do it intelligently and carefully, this could give our security insight into Russian technology and how they collect information. We would of course need to be careful that it does not backfire and they learn too much about US tech.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
As seen online today

Bush: Did you destroy our Towers?
Bin Laden: No.
Bush: Ok I believe you. We shall build an anti-terrorism unit together to stop attacks.

and

Trump pressed ISIS leader al-Baghdadi about beheadings. He vehemently denied them. They shall form an anti-terrorism unit together.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

If we do it intelligently and carefully, this could give our security insight into Russian technology and how they collect information. We would of course need to be careful that it does not backfire and they learn too much about US tech.

I doubt it's a mystery to any of our intelligence agencies how Russia collects information and what technology they use.

If a random idiot on the internet such as myself can piece it all together I'm sure they've already known for a while.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
You know how to get the Russians to stop messing with our elections? We stop doing it to them and other countries too, I personally hope it never happens because if it did then that means the one world government has been completed.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I doubt it's a mystery to any of our intelligence agencies how Russia collects information and what technology they use.

Exactly!

The hardware and software is one thing, but the Russian propaganda cyber attacks and citizen influence is another. Americans fell for modern Russian propaganda tactics via cyberspace, and this is what must also be dealt with. The best American defense and for our security is not falling victim to Russian propaganda. That may be the toughest hurdle to overcome as we engage in Cyber World War 1. Making America Rational Again.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
A pix... nuff said

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

If a random idiot on the internet such as myself can piece it all together I'm sure they've already known for a while.

If it is so well-known and easy, then why didn't we stop them? Why are they still able to hack into US systems?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

If we do it intelligently and carefully, this could give our security insight into Russian technology and how they collect information.

We already know how theirs works just like they know how ours works.

We would of course need to be careful that it does not backfire and they learn too much about US tech.

If they couldn't figure out our tech then they would get it in the time honored tradition of buying it from our allies.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah
When you have organizations dedicated to nothing but hacking other nations then there is only one way to protect your secrets and that is to not have them on the net in the first place.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

If it is so well-known and easy, then why didn't we stop them? Why are they still able to hack into US systems?

Ummm... See my post above.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join