It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American handling of won wars has failed every time

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
American handling of won wars has failed every time. Every time we try to hand the won territories back over to indigenous population we end up their enemy again causing additional wars and millions more dead.

Noting short of total assimilation has worked through history. Time to stop going to war if not willing to force our will on the populace and assimilating them as a whole into our nation.

May seem harsh but no doing so is causing more death than doing so would.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Tell that to General Dynamics and their stockholders.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

taking it out of context ...

Time to stop going to war

... I agree completely. If we take ourselves off of the chess board, we can't be used as pawns. It is time to stop invading other sovereign countries.

Silly me, and here all along I thought that killing was wrong. But I guess it is ok if someone else tells you to do it.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

taking it out of context ...

Time to stop going to war

... I agree completely. If we take ourselves off of the chess board, we can't be used as pawns. It is time to stop invading other sovereign countries.

Silly me, and here all along I thought that killing was wrong. But I guess it is ok if someone else tells you to do it.

Its difficult to take the resources without invading first.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
In 241 years, we have had wars for 220 years. Only 21 years of peaceful coexistence.

Buck

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Getting humans to not fight is funny, lol. We are a warrior race. Its human nature. We have been evolving through conflict since our existence. It would take a massive, powerful totalitarian force to keep humans from fighting all the time.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I am all for stopping the wars. I am just saying that if we are going to war then stop half ass-ing it and conquer. them so they become us.

This attack and release plan is failed over and over and is killing more humans than it would if we just assimilate.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I agree...for all of history if spent the blood and treasure to conquer a land. You own it. It becimes your land, and its peoples your people's. Any who fight you after that were no longer considered patriots, but instead now are traitors .

Now this hasn't exactly worked out flawlessly either to be fair..but ya gotta wonder if maybe that's what's missing..

What if all the Iraqis were considered American citizens now and and the community knew we weren't going anywhere..

Isis never emerges.. but our soldiers take way more hits in the pacification.

I wonder if we shouldn't have taken over the planet, in that little window between 1945-50 when we were the worlds only nuclear power and the last global power still with an existing inferstucture after WW2.

Only way to ensure you never have a global nuclear war, is to only have one nuclear power.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

We are the West.

Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile."

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
WOW people. Total world domination or bust?

What happens if we are not a warlike people? What happens if that is a lie being deliberately told to us for a reason. Hmmm, I been living in the USA for a while now and I haven't witnessed any random outbreaks of groups fighting each other. I would say the exact opposite is true. People around here treat each other with kindness and respect.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
How many wars did you win then, except WWII(and that because only of the help of the allies)?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The US has exploited every country they have conquered and still do
Then throw their hands up and say, "why do you hate us"

Investment in slavery

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Historically then the warlike people conquer you and take your women and children as slaves... maybe we have evolved past that... but I doubt it.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
War is a business.

America is in the business of corporate war. There is a reason why they call it the Military/industrial complex and lives and ideologies don't enter into the bottom line.

www.businesspundit.com...

www.usatoday.com...

edit on 9-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I think you mean "Every country has exploited every nation they have ever invaded.."

The us didn't invent invasions.. nor have we been espeacially good or prolific at it by historical standards.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yea that's my thought..

There is more profitability for whatever corporations in breaking it then rebuilding it. Than just taking it and keeping it..

Or maybe even just more profitability short term in their quarterly shareholders world..

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I think you mean "Every country has exploited every nation they have ever invaded.."

The us didn't invent invasions.. nor have we been espeacially good or prolific at it by historical standards.

But not every country turns around and complains that " every one hates us😢"

I am not saying the USA is the worst country, but they do exploit many other countries for self gain

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
American handling of won wars has failed every time. Every time we try to hand the won territories back over to indigenous population we end up their enemy again causing additional wars and millions more dead.

Noting short of total assimilation has worked through history. Time to stop going to war if not willing to force our will on the populace and assimilating them as a whole into our nation.

Huh.

And to me it looked like the handling of the Soviet Union after WW2 by the Americans and the Brits brought down the wall bringing an end to the Cold War.

Seemed pretty successful to me.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Oh no I bet that is universal too lol.. roman emmpire did.. the British and French empires did..
Germany just slaughtered decenters lol..
edit on 9-7-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

I hope you're kidding...what about S.Korea, Japan and Germany ??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join