It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Fix America In Two Steps

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Right now our country is as divided as it has ever been. I can't recall a time in our history that America has had this amount of turmoil outside of the civil war. As a divided country the puppetmasters have us right where they want us, that is fighting each other instead of demanding the heads of the incompetent leadership with whom we're forced to elect into office year after year. I'm not here to say which side is right or wrong or better or worst. To me each side is as corrupt as the other and no matter if you vote left or right this countries people are forced to live in perpetually servitude to the top 1% who continuously buy elections as well as the media and shove their political agenda down our throats.

I'm so very tired of watching friend fight friend, brother fight brother, and the hard working people of this country suffer aimlessly divided. We desperately need to get this country back from the scum governing it for the biggest corporations instead of the people whom make up the backbone of this country. The people who go to work everyday to support their familys. The people who go to work and punch the clock every morning working 8, 12, even 16 hours a day just to make ends meat have been viciously stabbed in the back by those claiming to represent their interest.

Without blood in the streets two options stand out to me above the rest which would have an immediate impact in starting to reclaim our country. The first is to demand term limits on every single Senator, and congressman in this country. 8 years in each house, 3 terms totall or even 2 terms in each house would all be a step in the right direction. Second would be to absolute ban all lobbying outright in this country. Along with a moratorium on all those in active office of signing on with any fortune 500 company for a period of 8 years after they leave office.

This clearly would not solve all of our countrys problems by any stretch of the imagination. However this would get our country back from the greedy hands of those currently raping it. We would have again a country for the people and by the people, the real people, the vast majority as our forefathers had intended.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bcs8484

Term limits for the Judicial branch, there are way to many activists wearing robes behind the bench, and no way to get rid of them.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I am on the fence about term limits. Corruption is bound to happen either way. I worry taking out limits would speed up the turmoil.
Removing lobbying or installing lobbying limits with transparency would be ideal but again, we gotta work on the corruption.

A lot of the issues we have stems from the lack of transparency too.
edit on 8-7-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Interesting, but I can fix America in one step.

Value the rights of the individual over those of the Government and corporations.

The end.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: soccermom

Step by step is the only way to get to where we ultimately want to be. I say start in the house and senate then go from there.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I agree while being very cautious. Still gotta manage this while keeping the nutters in line.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I agree completely.

Only problem is that our representatives are way too entrenched to vote on their own demise. Practically all of them are lawyers so you can finish my point in that regard.

In order to implement that type of ruling, the entire country would have to unite with equally sustained pressure. I'm not even sure that would be enough at this point.

As divided as we are, and as you correctly stated, hard to say if it's even possible.

Maybe that's part of the agenga...keep us divided to maintain the political status quo.

Wouldn't surprise me.

S&F. Your points are extremely valid.

edit on E31America/ChicagoSun, 09 Jul 2017 00:05:16 -05007amSundayth12am by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
a reply to: Metallicus

I agree while being very cautious. Still gotta manage this while keeping the nutters in line.

I don't have your patience.

Every win for the Feds or the corporations is a loss for 'We the People'.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Wanna fix America? As I said in another post, let's start by removing regressive leftists in Academia and Hollyweird/Entertainment industry.

Doing that will prevent new SJWs from being created.

Otherwise, the cycle repeats.

Next, remove both the Democrats and Republicans (including Trump) and form new and better political parties, ones that finally not only represents the people but also brings positive results.
edit on 7/9/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

How many hardworking people are employed by corporations? How many people not directly employed by corporations depend on corporations to keep their own businesses in business?

These are the people you expect to vote against their own self interests to blunt the influence of corporations on politicians via lobbying and lobbyists.

Term limits get you a constant stream of incompetents; folks who, well-meaning though they may be, lack the knowledge of how to govern.

Government is not a business, and someone who maybe stellar at running a business is in no way guaranteed to be even remotely capable of governing at the level required.

And let's make no mistake about it, the lives, and livelihoods of millions of good people are hanging in the balance that will be tipped by the decisions made by these amateurs.

Not a reassuring prospect.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Also, remove both the Democrats and Republicans (including Trump) and form new and better political parties, ones that finally not only represents the people but also brings positive results.

Actually, removing Trump removes your point as you implied he's neither Dem or Repub. So the Trump presidency is actually a turn in the right direction for your wishes.

edit on E31America/ChicagoSun, 09 Jul 2017 00:13:45 -05007amSundayth12am by EternalShadow because: editing

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Double post
edit on 9-7-2017 by Bcs8484 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Can we please not turn this into a yelling match between leftist and rightist ideologies? There is literally thousands of threads on this site alone where in which you can see who can yell the loudest.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Actually I have absolutely zero faith on Trump or the establishment.

Ever since that missile strike in Syria and making the US the laughing stock of the world, well I don't think he has the best interest for some of us.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Notice I also criticize the right by mentioning removing the Republicans. My point is both right and left needs to be taken out in order to move forward.

Already, the both have become stale and I am calling for a do over.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: EternalShadow

Actually I have absolutely zero faith on Trump or the establishment.

Ever since that missile strike in Syria and making the US the laughing stock of the world, well I don't think he has the best interest for some of us.

Fair enough.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
You can't "fix" America.
It's kind of a living thing that can only be "raised" in the right way.

I hear this everyday about things being different and the world changing and how it sucks, etc.

It's just people getting "old" but not realizing that they are getting old.
One day there will be a bunch of 90 year olds complaining about the how things have changed so much. The internet used to be free and camping wasn't allowed on COD, etc.
Just a bunch of old timers who don't recognize the world anymore.

Congressmen be Congressmen and Pimps keep on being Pimps.

edit on 9-7-2017 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

It's just people getting "old" but not realizing that they are getting old.
One day there will be a bunch of 90 year olds complaining about the how things have changed so much. The internet used to be free and camping wasn't allowed on COD, etc.
Just a bunch of old timers who don't recognize the world anymore.

Well let's just hope those 90 year olds never lament how there used to be this document called the Constitution.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Many people are employed by these corporations. Some of the people who run these big businesses are good people who look out for the well-being of there employees but now a days most are not. Now a days more then not its the workers who get up everyday to barely scrap by while the owners and top brass of these corporations live extravagant lifestyles. What i'm suggesting isn't a complete turnover of what has made America great to this point but a balancing of the scales.
edit on 9-7-2017 by Bcs8484 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

You forgot to add term limits for the Supreme Court as well.

I mean, as long as we're "wishing" for things.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join