It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That Damned Mandela Effect?!?!?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well, all I can say is, I'm shocked right now. This stupid ME has now personally attacked me. So much so, that I'm going to post about it, and I'm not a poster. Nor am I a for sure believer of the effect. Although, I do think things have changed, or at least, some of us are completely losing our minds. That is until tonight.

It was a simple thing. We were in the midst of preparing for a bunch of kids to come over for my daughter's birthday party, when I asked my wife if she had seen my flip flops. I only have one pair. I've only had one pair for the last five years. A pair of dark blue Adidas slip on pool sandles.

My wife asks, "You mean the black ones?"

No. They are dark blue. Have been for years now.

But she points me to where she saw them last and there they are. My BLACK flip flops?!?!?!

I'm kind of really f'd up over this right now. Really, really tripped out. I wish I was making this up and I wish I could say I'm wasted in one way or another, but I'm not. And this really did just happen.

My dark blue flip flops are now midnight black!!!

I get the "we are not the best at remembering things" argument, and I've tended to be in that group of thought too, but I wear these every single day!!!

Now what?

I really don't know.

Things are changing.

I really just wanted to post this to get it off my chest, because I really don't know where else to go to talk about this.

Ok, beat me up now if you must.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Get a grip man!

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
They're called Thongs.

Perhaps you're like me, slightly colour blind. I can't really tell dark blue from most dark colours, dark grey and black are almost the same to me.

Hate those multicoloured dot tests. I can never see 21.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I just rewatched "Dark City" after many years. That movie could be very much a mandela effect theory.

Spoiler Alert on a 20 yo movie:

As in, there are more advanced entities that are using us as test subjects and they keep changing everyones memory, trying to figure out how we work.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: wrathofall

I've only had one pair for the last five years. A pair of dark blue Adidas slip on pool sandles.

My wife asks, "You mean the black ones?"

No. They are dark blue. Have been for years now.

But she points me to where she saw them last and there they are. My BLACK flip flops?!?!?!

When you slip the black ones on, do they feel the same on your feet?

If yes, and they are identical in every respect then probably mandela effect. You just gotta live with it.

If they are obviously different sandals, such as, brand new, tag still on them, then something else is going on. Your wife asked "You mean the black ones?" rather than just point them out, like, "There they are." Was she thinking that there was a choice between multiple pairs?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

The Adjustment Bureau is another possible mandela effect theory. The original short story by P.K. Dick left more to the imagination I thought.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Pthena is on the right track here. Why would your wife ask "the black ones"? That absolutely makes no sense at all.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
OP I believe you .
Like you I was on the fence with Mandela effect initially

Also like you I have gone through similar experiences ..

Reality is definitely changing .
Its crazy stuff .

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Hang in there, those of us who have had an experience that pushed us over the fence can never go back. If it happens it happens and it is what it is no matter what anyone has to say to you!

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

And another one falls-off of the fence.

Do the sandales feel the same?

Does bacone still taste the same?

How do they get the caramele, inside of the Caramilke?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Either you are not that observant and your shoes have always been black....or......someone threw out your shoes and bought a new pair and didn't tell you .....or doesn't want to tell you .....look at the bottom or soles of the shoes...how worn are they ? If you've had them for 5 years they should be pretty worn on the bottoms .

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

No foul intended, but...early onset Alzheimers..

May you rest in peace.

edit on 9-7-2017 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ghaleon12

No foul intended, but...early onset Alzheimers..

May you rest in peace.

Oh you're just saying that to try and make friends!

Weird stuff happens. Like: socks disappear, and nobody ever knows where the sock-monster lives.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: pirhanna

The Adjustment Bureau is another possible mandela effect theory. The original short story by P.K. Dick left more to the imagination I thought.

Man, beat me to it. Was gonna mention that one. If you guys haven't seen it, check it out:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Ha ha haaa
Flip flops, you call your thongs flip flops, you people are funny, not funny ha ha but wierdo funny
Calling your thongs flip flops, ha ha

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The light bulbs in your house have changed from incandescent to fluorescent to led in the past few years. I have clothes that look different in every room in the house, and different again outdoors.

Its a good tip for online dating ; make sure you've seen a pic of her outdoors. (otherwise you might be hooking up with miss Dracula)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

ive experienced a few things like this.
i hope im just crazy haha.

The alternative is too insane.

I try my best to forget about things like Kit-Kat bars and such.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Not all flip flops are of the thong design, as in, between the toes.

Besides, hardly anyone outside Australia calls them thongs anymore, so you're probably the weirdo in this scenario.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
They're called Thongs.

Perhaps you're like me, slightly colour blind. I can't really tell dark blue from most dark colours, dark grey and black are almost the same to me.

In America, thongs are a TOTALLY DIFFERENT article of clothing. I promise you nobody here wants to know what type/color of thong OP may or may not wear.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: anotheramethyst

originally posted by: badw0lf
They're called Thongs.

In America, thongs are a TOTALLY DIFFERENT article of clothing. I promise you nobody here wants to know what type/color of thong OP may or may not wear.

They may be tight if worn that way, but I've had many an argument with a woman in the US about thongs. On the feet. it's a G-String otherwise. and I have learnt not to call panties, knickers. and scones, biscuits. gad dang nabbit.

And all sorts of things, she was getting chips once, I said I though you called them fries, she said "Bacon chips"..

I had no reply.

flip flops, next thing you'll say you call clocks tick tocks.

/kidding, lol you guys just need help with naming things.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join