It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libs getting out after Bush wins 2nd Term

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Map provided as stated in previous post -

Check out the RED parts next to the blue cities -
the RED where people live who work in the blue.

Someone want to find the average income and taxation
(and use of food stamps and welfare) of the people living
in the blue counties? It'll take some work, but I've gotta'
go to the YMCA very soon or EMily will be late for swim team.

[edit on 2/7/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cherish
the country would collapse if all the libs who would flee did flee...
on a war for oil.

Very few dems are so radical as to stomp their feet and hold
their breath and threaten to leave. Those that do ... can go.
This country would hardly collapse if they did. Not a chance.

War for oil? Off topic but - Yeah, right.
Like Kuwait was
a war to get the oil fields. We liberated those and gave them
back. Same with Iraq. Or we will, as soon as the idiot insurgents
stop murdering Iraqis by the dozens and stop blowing up the
Iraqi economy. Idiots. They claim to want us out ... we'd be
out by now if they'd knock it off. But that's all chatter for a
different thread...

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Red supports blue ... blue supports red ...?? Here are some non-tax
stats on which states support through private means ... RED is on
top supporting the BLUE on the bottom.

www.catalogueforphilanthropy.org...

Philanthropy? I wouldn't go there. Like you said before about the impossibility of proving implications from some data, this is another. If red staters go to church more (which we know they do on average - NE Catholics probably being the exception) and give more to their local churches as a result (or even foreign missionary charities), I'd hardly call that supportive of Blue States.

Maybe I'm wrong but my local Baptist churches (hotbeds of conservative politics) don't take up collections to feed the poor in other states, though they do for any number of other "philanthropic" missions one could easily deem as destructive to blue state civil liberties. Again, that's just a muddy one. Maybe if the hurricanes hit NY instead of Florida, you'd have a point...but Florida is red.

Though I'd be happy to agree here:

BACK ON TOPIC - can we agree that if anyone wants to leave this
country, for what ever reason, they should just go and be happy
elsewhere? Republican or Democrat or Independent or whatever.
If they are so miserble that they want to leave and don't want to
stay to try to fix things ... then they should just go. Can we agree
on that?

That's fine. In fact, I wish the ones intent on changing the Constitution and overturning Supreme Court decisions to enforce their own ethics on those that don't share them, would do just that. LEAVE.

But what I predominantly disagree with from the sprouting topic (including comments from MWM) is that "the poor" are uniformingly voting Democratic and the "rich" Republican. Mind you, I'm not saying the reverse is uniformly true either despite my posting of tax data to the contrary. But rather it's a mixed bag all around, and not based on just a handful of anomalies.

The very idea promoted by conservatives that liberals are snooty, over educated, latte sipping, Volvo drivers looking down on "real american" trailor park fundie conservatives...defeats it's own further premise that they also happen to be poor and living off the government and backs of REAL "Republican" Americans.

This last election in particular showed some interesting shifts in the wedge groups where the "poor" moved right, and the "affluent" moved left. I'm not saying totally, or en masse. Just that "social status" and economic income seriously has nothing to do with how you vote anymore. Even the minorites are splitting tickets more, with immigrants in particular flocking to get on the Republican dole.

That's why though I can't stand these blanket statements like:

Originally posted by DrHoracid
You libs have screwed up MY country for over 40 years and now that the true americans are taking it back you want to run and hide for the crimes YOU did here.

When there's absolutley zero justifiable premises of segmentation to even differentiate a so called "true american" except in the author's preconceived notion it must be a Bush backer!

But when they do make such statements, I'll happily oblige some data to the contrary.

Though my only point remains Democrats pay PLENTY of taxes. Work like dogs (just like you). Have brains in their head (just like you). And support your slackers just as much as you support ours.

[edit on 7-2-2005 by RANT]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I live in the bluest-of-blue places yet most of the people I know who actually work voted Bush.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Again, what does this mean?

By default is the argument really rural America is better than urban America?

Or just bigger?

Well ya got me there!

"Bush Country" is as vast, floundering, ineffective and expensive as any Republican deficit for sure!

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
If red staters go to church more and give more to their local churches as a result I'd hardly call that supportive of Blue States.

True - not necessarily supportive of Blue States ... but
generous just the same. Our church supports charities
in our state. Food outreach, clothing drives, 'walks' to
raise $$$ for families without money because of illness,
etc. A great deal of money is raised privately that help
others. I posted this to show the generosity of folks.

(RED is on top ...
nanny-nanny-boo-boo )
Gotta go ...

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Red counties next to the blue counties where
people work. Some big cities may be blue, but
that doesn't mean that's where the people work.
You said educated people go to the cities to live.
I'm saying that they go to the cities to work, and
many live in the RED counties to live (like us).
AND .. I'm showing that there are plenty of cities,
with good colleges, in the RED zones, not just the
blue. See??? (I'm going to be late... gotta' go!)

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Though I'd be happy to agree here:

BACK ON TOPIC - can we agree that if anyone wants to leave this
country, for what ever reason, they should just go and be happy
elsewhere?

That's fine. In fact, I wish the ones intent on
changing the Constitution ...

Excellent. We agree. I have to go now. Just want to add
that I DO NOT support changing the Constitution except in
extreme necessity and I do not see 'marriage' as that. It's
an issue to be decided state by state.

But on the overturning supreme court decisions ... I'm all
for it if the supreme court was wrong (and they can be).
But that's the subject of a different thread.

We agree!!! YAHOO! Anyone who wants leave America ....
GET OUT!!

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I mean all the libs who would flee should flee and that would make us stronger. Anyone who would abandon their country just because their side didn't win in a democratic election is pretty useless anyway IMHO.

You know djohnsto77 (the "d" doesn't stand for "do*chebag" does it?), you make Mike Tyson sound like Socrates. I've never read so many closed-minded posts come from one dipwad before. Do you really believe the garbage that you type? Are you on here just to find other people to team up with against the evil, liberal, Bush haters?? You are a true follower my friend and it would do the rest of humanity good if you would consider having yourself lobotomized.

Peace

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'm surprised that this thread has received so much attention from a couple idiotic, rambling lines of garbage. I mean there is no substance to what some people are preaching.

If people want to leave, than leave.

If people want to be stupid, THEN BY ALL MEANS LET THEM BE STUPID.

I think we know who I'm talking about.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Red counties next to the blue counties where
people work. Some big cities may be blue, but
that doesn't mean that's where the people work.
You said educated people go to the cities to live.
I'm saying that they go to the cities to work, and
many live in the RED counties to live (like us).
AND .. I'm showing that there are plenty of cities,
with good colleges, in the RED zones, not just the
blue. See??? (I'm going to be late... gotta' go!)

K, go. Cya lata. But for when you get back....

You just inadvertantly pointed out part of the problem I alluded to in the other thread in the DC example. Of course numerous high income Republicans suck their enormous incomes out of urban centers then flee back to suburbs where they pay property and local taxes. The only means we have then to secure any of those funds being drained out of "liberal America" is federal taxes that in some part trickle back to support the vast infrastructure they rely on for income...though by and large they go still go to another red state more than they do back in urban centers.

For example, Fulton County battles rage on regarding just this example. Sure everyone living in "Mansion Estates" north of the city want to be able to drive into downtown to their enormous companies recruited by City of Atlanta tax incentives/ abatements and infrastructure support... but they want their suburban area to break off into a new county and not support the very county they rely on for income.

Who's the ingrate here?

As far as colleges goes, of course there are great schools in rural areas. And "liberal America" says you're welcome.
Again, the only people that appear to think they live in a self supportive vaccuum in this country are conservatives. Stop it!

Specifically though to the education point as far as voting goes, a board conservative actually posted a study some time ago (I'd have to find) that said while 4 year degreed individuals do trend Democratic (part of the liberal education conspiracy right?), advanced degrees trend Republican... like that was some great coup.

All it really says is since there are more 4 year degrees than MBA's in this country if higher education were a requirement to vote, you'd never see another Republican in office. By default then, what would happen if only people with less then a high school education voted?

Actually, scratch that. I doubt much would change.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I think we know who I'm talking about.

People who voted for Nader?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
You know djohnsto77 (the "d" doesn't stand for "do*chebag" does it?), you make Mike Tyson sound like Socrates. I've never read so many closed-minded posts come from one dipwad before. Do you really believe the garbage that you type? Are you on here just to find other people to team up with against the evil, liberal, Bush haters?? You are a true follower my friend and it would do the rest of humanity good if you would consider having yourself lobotomized.

But waaaay over the top there Dr. Love.
(Nice Kiss song)

We can argue this without getting personal though.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

But waaaay over the top there Dr. Love.
(Nice Kiss song)

We can argue this without getting personal though.

That's alright Rant, I can take my point deduction like a man, and yes my username does come from that song (my favorite). I especially like it when the background singers do the "callin' Doctor Love" part.

Peace

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Republican ignorance at its best. Assuming that people who vote for Kerry are lazy welfare recipients.

What you syncophants dont seem to get is how many poor people who work also recieve welfare benefits, because their incomes cant support them, thanks to unregulated greed.

Those Blue areas are where more people LIVE. Those blue areas also reflect areas where education is HIGHER. All those red areas? Rural, sparsley populated, and well, lower levels of education.

Interesting to note how many more people with degress vote for Kerry. The rest of the slack jawed ape people vote red.

Oh, you conservatives, you also seem to forget that one third of military families are on welfare.............yup, only lazy good for nothing blacks and Mexicans collect benefits, hmmmmmmmm?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Those Blue areas are where more people LIVE. Those blue areas also reflect areas where education is HIGHER. All those red areas? Rural, sparsley populated, and well, lower levels of education.

Snaps.... I didnt even think of it that way. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Republican ignorance at its best.

The rest of the slack jawed ape people vote red.

Oh, you conservatives,

This place is awesome. Very dew times can someone ream one side for stereotyping a group, and then go right ahead and post that.

Keep up the good work, it's alot cheaper than the Comedy Castle, and almost as funny

[edit on 2-7-2005 by Esoterica]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Interesting to note how many more people with degress vote for Kerry. The rest of the slack jawed ape people vote red.

There is brilliance at its best. Anyhow, In my neighborhood, there were many signs up for Kerry. Much more so than in the less educated white areas, which were all for Bush. The less educated poor black areas, were all for Kerry. All of my family has *at least* a BA/BS and most of us have advanced degrees, same with all of my friends. Out of all the people I can think of, one of my friend's husband voted Kerry, and a couple from CA voted Kerry. The rest of us voted Bush

It is VERY arrogant to believe that people who voted for Bush did so out of ignorance. Yah ever though maybe Kerry was LESS desireable?? Maybe he didn't seem like a very good leader? At least Bush can make up his mind. I don't agree with him on everything, but given the choice of the two, he was the lessor of two evils. I don't understand how that is so difficult to comprehend.

From the debates(which Kerry was CLEARLY a superior speaker and debator) I like Kerry less and less. He cannot answer a question with a straight answer to save his life. If he could not take a stand on the issues, what would he do when he got in office?? That was the question! What the heck would he do! At least Bush is predictable. God only knows what worse fate we could have faced.

It isn't ignorance that led Bush to win. It is the fact that Kerry was too far to the left and too wishy freakin' washy. There wasn't a conspiracy to fix the election, Bush actually won this one. And believe it or not, people do have degrees outside of LA/NYC/DC and those sort of large cities. I know it is hard to comprehend, but it is true.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
does it make me less American because I'm not a repub?

No, but in this day and age it makes you a subversive terrorist.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Originally posted by LadyV
does it make me less American because I'm not a repub?

No, but in this day and age it makes you a subversive terrorist.

...who is probably "blinded by your hatred."

I'm thinking of having a t-shirt made with that phrase on it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join