It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Jr. gathered members of campaign for meeting with Russian lawyer before election

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: dragonridr

Please cite the exact quote of James Comey saying the dossier was fabricated.

It was in the closed door security briefing that's why all this us coming out about the firm that created it. After comeys testimony the firm went under investigation by the FBI. Comet did not want to publicly announce the connection between fusion and the DNC and the ties to Russia. Can't say I blame him it dropping a nuke in the middle of a hearing.
edit on 7/8/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Citation please. As far as I understand, Comey has "hinted" that the dossier has validation. Nowhere have I seem it in print, or heard it in media outlets, that Comey stated the dossier was a known fabrication. That's just fake news.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Steele’s most sensational allegations remain unconfirmed. For instance, his claim that Trump lawyer Michael Cohen held a “clandestine meeting” on the alleged hacking scheme in Prague with “Kremlin officials” in August 2016 unraveled when Cohen denied ever visiting Prague, his passport showed no stamps showing he left or entered the US at the time, witnesses accounted for his presence here, and Czech authorities found no evidence Cohen went to Prague.

Steele hadn’t worked in Moscow since the 1990s and didn’t actually travel there to gather intelligence on Trump firsthand. He relied on third-hand “friend of friend” sourcing. In fact, most of his claimed Russian sources spoke not directly to him but “in confidence to a trusted compatriot” who, in turn, spoke to Steele — and always anonymously.

But his main source may have been Google. Most of the information branded as “intelligence” was merely rehashed from news headlines or cut and pasted — replete with errors — from Wikipedia.

In fact, much of the seemingly cloak-and-dagger information connecting Trump and his campaign advisers to Russia had already been reported in the media at the time Steele wrote his monthly reports.

In the same August report, for example, Steele connected a Moscow trip taken by then-Trump campaign adviser Michael Flynn to “the Russian operation” to hack the election. But there was nothing secret about the trip, which had taken place months earlier and had been widely reported.

And there was nothing untoward about it. It was a dinner celebrating the 10th birthday of Russian TV network RT, and Flynn sat at the same table with Putin as US Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein.

The real question is why anyone would take anything in the sketchy report seriously.

But even the CIA gave it credence. The dossier ended up attached to a Top Secret intelligence briefing on Russia for President Obama, even though his intelligence czar last month testified, “We couldn’t corroborate the sourcing.” The FBI, moreover, has been using it for investigative leads on Trump associates like Carter Page, even though former FBI Director James Comey this month described the dossier as “salacious and unverified.”

This all comes from the Fusion GPS link I posted on the previous page.

This basically talks about the dossier fingered the wrong Cohen, and talked about a routine travel trip from Flynn which was also taken by Jill Stein.

The dossier was basically crap.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

"Unconfirmed" is not the same as "fabricated". As I posted on page one, there is an 8 page list of allegations that you should feel free to try to debunk. Seemingly debunking one item on the list doesn't debunk the entire dossier.

And, as I said, we don't know that Buzzfeed got the "pure" dossier" or a doctored version. We don't know if the original dossier was padded, scrambled or otherwise coded. What we do know is that Ol eg Erovinkin was found dead shortly Trump was briefed about the dossier.

Meet the nine Russian operatives who have dropped dead during Donald Trump-Russia scandal

Money laundering seems to be Trump's Achilles Heal in this mess, and money laundering is the reason the Magnitsky Act came about, and the Magnitsky Act is what the lawyer in question was lobbying to get repealed, supposedly, in the clandestine meeting at Trump Tower. Seems pretty damning to me!

edit on 8-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
How many meetings do you think that DT jr had during the campaign?

Is there any evidence that anything shady went on at that meeting?

Until there is some actual evidence of wrong doing I think this is just more hooey

BTW, I'm not a Trump supporter

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
We sure got a corrupt political system in the USA. I think we also need an agency to watch over our intelligence agencys. I suppose they will hire some corrupt people to run that too. Well, at least it will draw more corrupt people out of our society to go work in Washington DC.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Well, I don't know. One side is being fairly open and free about what they did, and the other side is stonewalling investigators at every step.

If you are the guilty party, are you simply going to tell everyone exactly what you did? Either Trump and Co are a lot smarter than everyone gives them credit for, or they're what they appear to be.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
It's good that liberals keep on going with this... destroying themselves day after day.
Whilst we keep hearing about Donald Trump's favourability, they are not hearing about Democrat leaders favourability or Republican leaders who had stood against Trump from time to time in comparison... it's interesting reading ...

Donald Trump 47%
Mike Pence 47%
Melania Trump 51%
Hillary Clinton 40%
Paul Ryan 37%
Nancy Pelosi 33%
Chuck Schumer 26%

Mitch McConnell 25%
James Comey 38%
Robert Mueller 30%

Keep it going liberals... Resist! Keep talking Russia... go go go.

www.foxbusiness.com...

edit on 9/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
How many meetings do you think that DT jr had during the campaign?

Is there any evidence that anything shady went on at that meeting?

Until there is some actual evidence of wrong doing I think this is just more hooey

BTW, I'm not a Trump supporter

As this whole Russia thing drones on...and on...I keep asking myself, at what point was it declared that citizens, business people and politicians are not allowed to have any contact with anybody from Russia?

How was it that Trump's people, including people in the outermost circles of his campaign, were supposed to be aware that it is verboten to speak to anybody from Russia, to do a business deal with a Russian company, to attend a function where Russians will also be in attendance, to refer to Russian leaders as anything less than the direct spawn of Satan?

Also, was this (secret?) prohibition applicable only to Republicans, or did it also apply to Democrats, Independents...and those Americans with Russian grandparents?

I just scratch my head every time the people on the Left think it is a "gotcha" moment if it is discovered that Sessions had a meeting with the Russian Ambassador while he was a U.S. Senator, or that Flynn spoke on the phone with the Russians leading up to his becoming the National Security Advisor, or that Trump Jr. had a meeting with a lawyer who hails from Russia.

What's next...the Washington Post will uncover the fact that Trump once attended a hockey game that had a Russian player on one of the teams? Or that Ivanka once had a shot of Russian Vodka? Maybe we'll learn that Eric once said something nice about Russian traditional dancing!

Should we order fries with these nothing-burgers?

edit on 9-7-2017 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Steele has gone after Buzzfeed for releasing the unverified 35 page document. When Buzzfeed printed the dossier, Steele went into hiding. He has retained a lawyer and have been going through them in the British court system to deal with the fallout he created by using information that was "I heard it from a friend who knows this guy whose cousin is going with this girl whose ex boyfriend saw ferris pass out at 31 flavors last night".

Fusion GPS also ran with the dossier even though it was never supposed to be released to the media. Gee, I wonder why that is. Could it be the whole dossier, as Steele has stated, is unverified bs?

A key point -

The Steele dossier’s major charge is that the Trump campaign entered into an elaborate conspiracy with Russian agents to hack Democratic Party computers.

The Clinton camp paid for his dossier via Fusiongps, a Democratic linked character hit squad. The Dems refuse to turn over their servers for forensic analysis by the FBI. The Dems used crowdstrike, who methods were used to determine Russia hacked the DNC computers, were debunked when their Ukraine report was factually refuted by Ukraine, forcing crowdstrike to retract their ukraine report and parts of their DNC report.

So nothing in the dossier can be corroborated / verified with important parts being outright debunked. Steele was paid by Democrats to continue the dossier. The FBI offered 50k dollars for steele to keep working on the dossier. The dossier is sent to Fusiongs, where it is leaked to other people, including buzzfeed. Buzzfeed editor Ben smiththen released the dossier even though he doesnt think the dossier is factual.

Mr. Steele says the ultimate responsibility lies with BuzzFeed, the liberal news website whose editor, Ben Smith, decided to post the entire 35 pages — memos from June to December — on Jan. 10 even though Mr. Smith said he doubted the far-flung accusations were true.

and

Mr. Steele acknowledges that the part of the 35-page dossier that identified Mr. Gubarev as a rogue hacker came from “unsolicited intelligence” and “raw intelligence” that “needed to be analyzed and further investigated/verified.”

and

Mr. Steele’s court filing portrays him as a victim of Fusion GPS — the Washington firm that hired him with money from a Hillary Clinton backer.

Fusion specializes in opposition research for Democrats and circulated the Steele dossier among reporters in an effort to injure the Trump candidacy and presidency. Mr. Steele said he never authorized Fusion to do that.

Source
Ex-spy admits anti-Trump dossier unverified, blames Buzzfeed for publishing

Source
Spy who compiled Trump dossier says contents needed verification

So yeah... Then we have Comey stating the dossier could not be verified and we have Clapper stating they didnt include the dossier in their russia hack report because none of it could be verified / corroborated.

Meaning this whole dossier thing is bull#. Its unverified and has been debunked.

edit on 9-7-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
As this whole Russia thing drones on...and on...I keep asking myself, at what point was it declared that citizens, business people and politicians are not allowed to have any contact with anybody from Russia?

When Clinton lost the election...
when Democrats failed to pick up majority control in the House or Senate to stop Trumps agenda.

All that is left is for them to obfuscate around the claims they made because they have nothing to support their claims.

As I have stated before in other threads... Democrats were pissed they lost the election. What made it unbearable for them is who Clinton lost to.

democrats will continue to obstruct and go after anything where they can keep the word impeachment in the minds of the American people. A failed strategy thus far considering democrats lost the election as well as the follow up special elections. They already stated they will try and run the russia bs into the midterms, where I suspect democrats will once again lose seats in the house and senate because of this asinine bs they keep pushing.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I wasted 7 minutes of my life watching that video looking for a non-existent statement from Comey, claiming the dossier was unverifiable. It wasn't there.

So, as far as I can tell, Comey has never said that the dossier was fabricated or fake.

As far as Buzzfeed publishing and Steel going into hiding.........yeah, we all knew about that. This isn't about Buzzfeed. They didn't write, compile or commission the document. They have nothing to do with the actual dossier's credibility. But the fact of the matter is, Donald Trump was briefed on the existence of the dossier long before Buzzfeed published what they had. Shortly after Donald Trump was briefed, 9 Russian operates were murdered.

Once again, on page 1 of this thread, I posted a link to an 8 pages, itemized summary of all the allegation in the dossier, that are available to the public. Instead of deflecting, pointing fingers at Buzzfeed, or crying foul because you don't like whose money paid for the info, please debunk, with citations, these 8 pages of allegations.

Otherwise, you have not shown that the dossier is fabricated, faked or unverifiable in total.

Drip, drip, drip, just like during the election, the information seems to be being strategically leaked to the public. But, don't be fooled, this isn't new or breaking information. We've known about "meeting with the Russians", but now they're leaking details. In this case the details puzzle in nicely with some of the dossier's allegation of money laundering and blackmail.

The sad thing is, money laundering seems to be Trump's weakness in this whole mess, and, from what I understand, the dossier seems to suggest that Trump was unwittingly set up, and deliberately ensnared in a money laundering scheme, and is a victim of blackmail.

Where's Captain America when you need him?

edit on 9-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Here is what we do know know, though... Hillary Clinton's campaign hired an unregistered lobbyist working for the Russian govt to do opposition research for her. That is the first known Russian agent, unregistered as such, that we know was being paid by either campaign.

So now we know - Hillary Clinton colluded with the Kremlin during the election to dig up opposition research against her opponent, Donald Trump.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Actually, that's NOT the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. The Republicans, Never Trumpers", inititally hired Steele to compile to dossier, they ran out of money and turned to the Democrats for help. It was a joint financial venture that was eventually channeled through a Republican, John Mc Cain, to the FBI and eventually to Buzzfeed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Did The Trump-Russia Dossier Grow Out Of Jeb Bush’s Super PAC?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Actually, that's NOT the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. The Republicans, Never Trumpers", inititally hired Steele to compile to dossier, they ran out of money and turned to the Democrats for help. It was a joint financial venture that was eventually channeled through a Republican, John Mc Cain, to the FBI and eventually to Buzzfeed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Did The Trump-Russia Dossier Grow Out Of Jeb Bush’s Super PAC?

Which does not changed the fact that Hillary Clinton's campaign colluded with a Kremiln agent - actually paying them - to dig up opposition research on Trump. The first direct proof of collusion with the Kremlin is with Hillary Clinton's campaign and never Trump establishment Republicans.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

LOL Christopher Steele is a Kremlin agent? "C'mon dude! Debunk the 8 pages of allegations and stop whining about whose money paid for the research.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

LOL Christopher Steele is a Kremlin agent? "C'mon dude! Debunk the 8 pages of allegations and stop whining about whose money paid for the research.

You are not good at keeping up. Fusion GPS, namely Glenn Simpson their founder, lobbied on behalf of the Russian Govt, whilst unregistered as a Russian agent, at the same time they were being paid by Hillary Clinton's campaign. The first direct evidence of collusion with the Kremlin and it was Clinton's campaign.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Oh please! You're surprised, if true, that the Russians would be dealing out of two sides of their mouth? Truth and lies can be equally viable tools to undermine your enemy.

Here's a link to a summation of allegation contained in the dossier

Please debunk the allegations you claim are bogus! Don't forget to cite your sources!

Stop crying about how the info was obtained. You sound like the whiney Democrats, crying foul because the Russians hacked their DNC communications and then sent them to WikiLeaks!

Waaaa!

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Uhm yeah, the dossier has been debunked.

UM, no it hasn't! Even Israel is still cautious about the Trump dossier, even more so when Trump shared intel with the Russians at the White House that the Israelis feel could be damaging.
Only a couple of officials have called the documents a fraud etc, and they are both Russian, one being Putin himself..funny that!

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Oh please! You're surprised, if true, that the Russians would be dealing out of two sides of their mouth? Truth and lies can be equally viable tools to undermine your enemy.

Here's a link to a summation of allegation contained in the dossier

Please debunk the allegations you claim are bogus! Don't forget to cite your sources!

Stop crying about how the info was obtained. You sound like the whiney Democrats, crying foul because the Russians hacked their DNC communications and then sent them to WikiLeaks!

Waaaa!

The information in the dossier has nothing to do with the fact that Hillary Clinton's campaign colluded with a Kremlin agent to dig up opposition research.

As for the dossier, it has been floating around for well over a year - I am sure you will pin it to the wall of your padded cell when you are finally committed.

Sections of it have already been debunked, no sections proven true. Even the author has slammed Fusion GPS for releasing any information as it was under NDA and in the author's own words, unverified. The author is being sued and is now panicking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join