It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of children being referred to gender identity clinics has quadrupled in five years

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Have you ever had children?

Children know at a very young age who they are and what they want.

Your posts says more about you than the parents of these children. It seem like you are more of a misguided fool.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

Have you ever had children?

Children know at a very young age who they are and what they want.

Your posts says more about you than the parents of these children. It seem like you are more of a misguided fool.

I have had children ... and they can passionately want something that they are repulsed by in a year.

Giving a child want they want with regard to such life altering choices is ludicrous in my mind ... and is the real child abuse.

These are choices not to made until adulthood ... and even then ,many of these transgendered most likely have second thoughts about their choice to transgender... and not because of bullying.

Like the song says... teacher... leave those kids alone !

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

First it's letting children mature, figuring out the dynamics and letting them be who they are.
Now it's child abuse letting children be who they are?
Make up your mind.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Its child abuse to look at your boy child having fun with a doll and taking it away, it's child abuse to get mad at your son for wanting to wear a dress. It's child abuse to look at your depressed child day after day after day and not allow him to be what makes him happy.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

First it's letting children mature, figuring out the dynamics and letting them be who they are.
Now it's child abuse letting children be who they are?
Make up your mind.

Yes... first it is letting children mature as well be guided through wisdom into adulthood.
My mind was always made up ... it's you who twists posts around to suit your agenda.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Its child abuse to look at your boy child having fun with a doll and taking it away, it's child abuse to get mad at your son for wanting to wear a dress. It's child abuse to look at your depressed child day after day after day and not allow him to be what makes him happy.

Good grief..🙄... by that defination the child that is depressed because parents won't allow him to play video games until all hours is a child abuser as well.

Call me a child abuser , but I would tell my little Johnny he is not learning to love himself as is .. a boy. I would want my child to learn to love it's natural gender . What is wrong with that ?

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

There is a big difference between wanting to be a girl for a day or week and being trans.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

You said it's child abuse to let children have "life-altering decision" (whatever that means). Children receiving hormone therapy before puberty will not hurt them in any way and it is irreersible.
Is letting a child dress like a girl child abuse?

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

There is a big difference between wanting to be a girl for a day or week and being trans.

I'm not talking a day or a week here , let them transgender as adults.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I would want my child to learn to love it's natural gender . What is wrong with that ?

Nothing. You can try to teach your transgender children to love his or her own physical sex. It's the persistence of gender dysphoria you will eventually have to accept or else you will cause distress in that child. The distress is child abuse.
It is no different from forcing gay children to stay in the closet.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

You said it's child abuse to let children have "life-altering decision" (whatever that means). Children receiving hormone therapy before puberty will not hurt them in any way and it is irreersible.
Is letting a child dress like a girl child abuse?

Said all I have to say ... and yes ..encouraging transgendered behaviour is child abuse in my opinion... why would you want your child to go through the agonies of transition?

I won't be replying to any more posts.. have a nice evening .

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Bye child abuser.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I hope your children are never trans bc then you would be abusing them. Have a good night knowing you are a child abuser at heart.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I can see who is and who isn't educated on this topic. The difference is that before most transgender people would be ridiculed and have to wait till later in life to come out .. now it's more exceptable then being gay for kids, and their is support systems for parents, who would have fought it and lost ties with their children, historically...

What people say about the "trans issue" is what people said about the "gay issue" 20 years ago...

What i do know (I know a lot about the community) is that the Mom's are the ones who are way more accepting then the dads, and borderline "pushing it"... I"m not a fan of those who accept and transition their "trans kid" at first. I"m ok with those who had a kid start wanting to be trans at 3 and start name transitioning at 5-6-7 when they show years of non-conforming.

edit on 17-7-2017 by Vaedur because: Added last sentence.

edit on 17-7-2017 by Vaedur because: cause

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Vaedur

I can agree with you, however, i would want my child to be happy, and if my son was happy in a dress with long hair, i would let him bounce around and be happy with it, especially if I noticed sadness and awkwardness when doing "boy" things.

As far as changing name, buying new wardrobe, contacting teachers, etc...5-6-7 would be a good age, yes after years of bouncing around and being happy in a dress.

As far as steroids therapy...that would not come till much later in life...adolescence...after many more years of knowing for sure my child is trans.

Happiness is the most important.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I can agree with you, however, i would want my child to be happy, and if my son was happy in a dress with long hair, i would let him bounce around and be happy with it, especially if I noticed sadness and awkwardness when doing "boy" things.

As far as changing name, buying new wardrobe, contacting teachers, etc...5-6-7 would be a good age, yes after years of bouncing around and being happy in a dress.

As far as steroids therapy...that would not come till much later in life...adolescence...after many more years of knowing for sure my child is trans.

Happiness is the most important.

Yes happiness is most important, i agree... Plus waiting Too long can have consequences too (for example it's easier to block breasts then bind/ cut off). I am, afraid, that the new movement to not let these kids even hit puberty via blockers,then going straight to hormones, might be dangerous as we don't have a lot of data on the subject.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I dont know much about the actual transitioning but im glad there are options to help. I know as a mother I would want to start as soon as possible, knowing it is not a phase first of course.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I dont know much about the actual transitioning but im glad there are options to help. I know as a mother I would want to start as soon as possible, knowing it is not a phase first of course.
Yeah definitely, i couldn't imagine what it's like to feel that way as a kid. You have a great attitude as a parent
some times loving your kids is all they can do.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

all i need to know is what childhood was like and i clearly remember the only thing i really knew for certain was what i liked, what i wanted and other narcissistic things.

children don't know who they are in the slightest and mimic everything, it's blatantly obvious how humans don't ever truly know who they are, even adults. those who do and show it are almost always isolated even if they are great people of note.

your school years are a perfect demonstration of how lost people really are especially at a young age.

ps: i don't appreciate being insulted for my opinion which may or may not be wrong, i never stated anything about anyone specifically.
edit on 17-7-2017 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I just found it ironic that you were calling caring mothers who would support transitioning, "misguided fools" while you came off as a misguided fool by reading your post.

at least you admit you may or may not be wrong

edit on 17-7-2017 by veracity because: awkward wording

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47 >>

join