It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of children being referred to gender identity clinics has quadrupled in five years

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Pfft . . . you're completely wrong Ketsuko and here is a link to a study proving you're wrong.

Not Really Proof

Plus I've read millions of studies that show post op trans are way more happy than pre op trans. I don't happen to have any on me at the moment, but there are millions of them I say! Thousand of them linked to in this thread, I mean in other threads, maybe not, but millions of them I say, links and everything!

edit on 10-7-2017 by imwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

The first one is very, very sad.
It's more due to botched surgery. And something about having babies.
The Caitlyn Jenner story has been debunked here on ATS.
The third is about various opinions.
Thank you. They have been a very interesting read. I am very sad about the first story.

I agree with KnowledgeHunter that we should let children mature and figure out the dynamics on their own, even if they express behaviors of the opposite sex. What we disagree on is sending them to psychiatrists if the distress aries. Good parents would want to alleviate the distress.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

Now you are being silly. I never claimed that there are links to studies in this thread. You had me going for a while. And why does me telling you that I have studied researches trigger you so much? Are you ok?

edit on 7/10/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Exactly, I said somewhere in the first few pages that transgender and depression are not synonymous.

When you start talking about psychology, all kinds of things manifest in different ways. In some individuals, their issues can manifest as a strong desire to be the opposite gender, not because they are actually transgender, but because they so desire the freedom from what the perceive as societal restrictions on them.

That's the story on the one regret I posted. But such feelings can serve as the ultimate way to hide from oneself after a childhood trauma that induced shame - say sexual abuse for one.

It's like the ADD/ADHD hysteria. So many of the learning disabilities that children will have tend to manifest as perceived hyperactivity, so you end up getting misdiagnosed as ADD/ADHD because all the teacher sees is the kid who can't/won't sit still, not the child who can't read because of dyslexia.

Not saying every case of gender dysphoria is mistaken identity, but surely some are or are provoked by other psychological issues, and like the kid doped to the gills who really has dyslexia, the true problem never gets addressed if all that's done is fast track gender dysphoria treatments.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

And once you put that into perspective, you can easily see how dangerous it would be exposing this to kindergarten kids.

edit on 10-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

The child with gender dysphoria is the one who presses the issue.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Your first example is a story of lack of counseling. Counseling before any permanent changes is critical. If it were my child, I would insist on counseling. Years of it.

In case you didn't know, there are many cases of people thinking they had gender dysphoria, when adequate analysis and counseling discovered a different condition unrelated to the dysphoria. Many are turned down for sex reassignment surgery.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: coop039
I wonder if any studies have been done world wide?
Im curious to know if the number of gender confused children in other countries is similar to the USA? It would be an interesting comparison to see how all the other nations stacked up to the US.

The US is the origin of these things. It's the nation where all the diversions begin.

Since the USA is "ground zero" for this viral thought, there will always be more confused children here than anywhere else.

Transgenderism has been here throughout history. It is not a recent phenomenon.

Charlie Parkhurst

Charley Darkey Parkhurst, born Charlotte Darkey Parkhurst (1812–1879), also known as One Eyed Charley or Six-Horse Charley, was an American stagecoach driver, farmer and rancher in California. Born and reared as a girl in New England, mostly in an orphanage, Parkhurst ran away as a youth, taking the name Charley and living as a male. He started work as a stable hand and learned to handle horses, including to drive coaches drawn by multiple horses. He worked in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, traveling to Georgia for associated work. In his late 30s, Parkhurst sailed to California following the Gold Rush in 1849; there he became a noted stagecoach driver. In 1868, he may have been the first transgender person to vote in a presidential election in California. At his death, it was discovered that he was designated female at birth, as was the fact that he had given birth at an earlier time.en.wikipedia.org...

That story you keep peddling is not proof of anything other than another story about the denial of rights to women.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
OK, I'm back.

I gotta say this: No one listens.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Lol, so you made us wait all day for a big fat nothing burger?

I'm all ears, care to address my comment to you earlier?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Be careful. You being back might trigger some people.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Lol, so you made us wait all day for a big fat nothing burger?

I'm all ears, care to address my comment to you earlier?

I've been following your conversation.

You DO NOT LISTEN.

You're so hung up on the fact kids as young as 3, according to experts, are aware of their own sexuality - - in the terms experts define it - - - that you can't get past it.

And you refuse to understand (by choice IMO) the concept of CONSISTENCY.

Your arguments are full of whatever "air" you choose to throw in them.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Be careful. You being back might trigger some people.

Oh, the horrors.

They should open their "Mind Ears".

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

You're so hung up on the fact kids as young as 3, according to experts, are aware of their own sexuality - - in the terms experts define it

Experts who define their own standards really aren't experts.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

You're so hung up on the fact kids as young as 3, according to experts, are aware of their own sexuality - - in the terms experts define it

I hope you will never need surgeries.

edit on 7/10/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

So in other words, you can't so you deflect and try to attack me instead.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Done.

Moved on from one who refuses to listen.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

How does that make any sense what-so-ever?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I like you but sometimes I think you are way too triggered to carry on decent discussion. Relax and have a beer.

It's all in good fun. We understand the point of your thread. We even agree that we should let the children mature and explore the dynamics and understand them. We just wish that you would listen to us and understand our point and our view.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Is gender a social construct that is conditioned into "boys" and "girls" throughout life OR is gender from birth and both gays and trans-sexuals are born that way?

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join