It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of children being referred to gender identity clinics has quadrupled in five years

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

It's pretty weird to compare boys playing with dolls to children with gender dysphoria. Heck I once played with Barbie and never once thought I was a girl. If my parents thought I had gender dysphoria and took me to the doctors I would say heck no!!! I am a boy dammit! I wouldn't play along just to please my parents and doctors as some people claimed here.
Too wierd.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That study specifically states that the higher risks for suicidal behavior are due to discrimination, harassment, and family rejection. It specifically states risks are lower with family support and when the trans person can easily "pass"as their identified gender (meaning people aren't hateful because they aren't aware the person is trans).

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

You're the same one that said consistently showing interest in girl things is a sign of dysphoria, now boys playing with dolls is a weird correlation to make?

Make up your mind.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

That is one of the symptoms. I gave you a list of symptoms two pages ago I believe and a link to the article.
Persistence is the key. Did you play with dolls from birth to 18? Did you dress like a girl from birth to 18? Etc.? If the answer is no then you do not suffer from gender dysphoria and your parents would be smart enought to tell the difference.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

But had I been aware of it, from learning about it since kindergarten, you can bet I would've questioned it.

I can bet you wouldn't.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Read through the study more. 45% is the composite base percentage for the youngest age group in the survey. This was in 2014, so I don't know how much things have changed since.

And ask yourself if you were the parent - do you want to go up against those odds, especially when doctors don't know what the long term impact will be on your child?

What if Suzy becomes Johnny and later decides he really was Suzy all along? No one here who is still arguing to allow kids to transition has addressed that. Do you think it doesn't happen?
edit on 10-7-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Oh so now it's important to be consistent till the age of 18? But for the rest of the kids, go and send them at 3 years old. Do you even hear yourself?
edit on 10-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

45% is higher than big, bad society alone can explain.

And ask yourself if you were the parent - do you want to go up against those odds, especially when doctors don't know what the long term impact will be on your child?

What if Suzy becomes Johnny and later decides he really was Suzy all along? No one here who is still arguing to allow kids to transition has addressed that. Do you think it doesn't happen?

Do you have examples of transgender adults regretting their decisions? I remember one example that was posted here on ATS but can't remember the details and the reason for it or if it was debunked.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

How convenient of you, since we can't prove it, but sure helps your narrative.

Since it's me we are talking about, I will say that I would definitely question it.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

There have been links to multiple studies.

Just curious, do you consider either of these to be "links to studies"?

Link 1

Link 2

How about this one:

Link 3

Do you consider this to be a link to a study?

edit on 10-7-2017 by imwilliam because: formating

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Oh so now it's important to be consistent till the age of 18? But for the rest of the kids, go and send them at 3 years old. To you even hear yourself?

As I have said multiple times this is not an overnight thing. Sometimes it takes months or years before they decided to take the children to the doctors to see if they have legitimate gender dysphoria. They are not "training" the children to be the opposite sex. In fact it's the opposite. (LOL "opposite")
And yes persistence is important in making a diagnosis. Can't be any more plainer than that. Maybe you can ask a psychiatrist or a researcher on this to explain more clear.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

Those seem to be good articles and a good video. I prefer links to peer-reviewed scientific researches.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

45% is higher than big, bad society alone can explain.

Says who? The study interviewed trans people. The trans people themselves confirmed it. The more they were rejected by family/society, the more likely they were to feel suicidal.

Yeah, I don't want my kid to feel rejected because he has gender dysphoria, because he will be more likely to off himself.

Show me valid stats. If 1% decide they really didn't have gender dysphoria, I'm willing to take that chance, rather than the 45% chance he will kill himself without my support.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I'm sorry but after your last response I'm going back to "not wasting my energy on you" because you just showed how disingenuous you truly are.

Let me give you a quick recap why.

You said signs of dysphoria can be found in children as young as 3.

You said consistently showing symptoms (playing dress up) is a sign of dysphoria.

Throughout this thread, you have dismissed the notion that others, including myself have expressed - let kids grow up till 18 to decide on their own.

I have expressed I played with Barbies consistently for many years.

You said making the correlation with boys and dolls is weird.

You said if I didn't consistently play with dolls until 18 I DON'T have dysphoria.

So as you can see... Good bye deaf.

edit on 10-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Kids with gender dysphoria don't "question" it. They KNOW it.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Actually I merely repeated what the doctors and researchers said.
You, like ketsuko, want to force the transgender children to be who they are not until 18. And you're the one who claimed that they are indoctrinating the children to be of the opposite sex.
Sorry to see that you can not have a reasonable discussion.
Oh well. Bye.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

So tell me, how does a 3 year old child with absolutey no knowledge of what it means to be a girl or boy, know when it's in the wrong body?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

You're just not getting it. It isn't just about playing with dolls. It is about KNOWING that you are a different gender and insisting on it. INSISTING, not wondering, not questioning; KNOWING with every fiber in your being that you are not the gender your body and everyone else says you are.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

You keep saying they have no knowledge, but they do.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I think it's an absolute shame that transgender isn't classified as a mental disorder.

Here is a guy who tried to become female, got mental help and realized he was mentally ill and was successfully treated.

This should be done, treatment must be done on mental patients before their genitals are destroyed.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join