It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of children being referred to gender identity clinics has quadrupled in five years

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: kaylaluv

Was that sarcasm? Because parents definitely should have more sway than the schools. If they don't, that's on the bad parents and not because of "yea parents have much more sway"

Remember after the bell rings at school, they go home and have to experience life outside of school.

Because every parent is fantastic and says and does all the right things and never ever makes their kid feel like a loser. Ever.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

So because of those few, we have to subject the rest of the kids that may come from better parents, all to the same indoctrination? What about those that won't ever suffer from dysphoria, age 5 still trying to figure out what life is, being the impressionable little minds that they are, being exposed to things they can't even comprehend, being told this and that about it?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Being told what? That it doesn't happen very often, but sometimes a boy doesn't feel like a boy? My experience with 5 year olds is if you tell them something they don't understand, they give you a blank look then continue playing.

Again, we aren't talking about 8 hours a day of talking about this subject.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Exactly, they don't understand, so why even subject them to it? Gender is not some pastime game they can indulge in when they are bored. These have life long, dramatic and traumatic effects.

And it goes far beyond the classroom Kayla.

edit on 9-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Another point I just realized.

Correlation doesn't mean causation, I can agree with that. But why are more kids without dysphoria getting checked then? Does that not mean more kids are confused?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Again, you have no proof - just fear mongering. We KNOW that gender dysphoria exists. We KNOW that there is a stigma in our society against those with gender dysphoria. We don't know that just talking about it makes it happen.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Could be parents are more aware of the condition, but don't know what to look for. Could be that the kids are just living their lives not even aware that there is an issue.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Then I really don't know what else to say to you..

It's clear you've made up your mind.

I like you so I'll stop here.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Correlation does not equal causation. ....

What??? I beg your pardon???

Well, so much for empirical evidence...see, even you agree it's futile! Yet you ask me to provide it.

BTW...causation is all about correlation! It is the very foundation and underpinning of causation.

ETA...For clarity, correlation is all about defining causation, in itself correlation is not the cause, but rather a significant clue as to the cause.
edit on 7/9/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Great news, more children to feel more comfortable in their skin than living their life out with remorse, fear and confusion.
edit on 9-7-2017 by veracity because: added confusion

link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

There may be a correlation between the number of TVs in households and the number of people being committed to insane asylums (i.e., They are both increasing at about the same rate), but that doesn't prove that TVs cause insanity.

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Was that sarcasm? Because parents definitely should have more sway than the schools. If they don't, that's on the bad parents and not because of "yea parents have much more sway"

Remember after the bell rings at school, they go home and have to experience life outside of school.

Because every parent is fantastic and says and does all the right things and never ever makes their kid feel like a loser. Ever.

*snort*

And you think that's confined to the parents of so-called victim-class children?

So unless you think it's the school's (read government's) place to parent every child to correct God's awful mistakes like parents, then this is a non-starter. Horrible parents are horrible parents no matter what kind of kid the kid is. I would submit that the horrible parents of a so-called transkid could have the perfect child and still end up being horrible parents to that kid too.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

If only it was as black and white as you and those who support this wish it to be eh?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If it leads a trans kid to seek help outside the home when the parents refuse to address it, that's a good thing.
edit on 9-7-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

If only it was as black and white as you and those who support this wish it to be eh?

yeah i dont know how this can be a bad thing. People thought it was a very small minority...bc many were afraid to come out...now we are finding that it may be larger than this very small minority (not shocking) and they can all get the help they need to live happy lives.

Definitely not shocking and definitely not bad.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Of course you don't see anything wrong

Well anyways, I've debated this to death with multiple people already and there isn't much left for me to say, so I'll just say you're entitled to your opinion.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

If we had specific data that claimed all these kids being referred to clinics were coming home from school and telling their parents they want to change their bodies cuz teacher said they should, that could prove causation. Got any data that this is what's happening? No? Then you can't prove causation.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Of course you don't see anything wrong

Well anyways, I've debated this to death with multiple people already and there isn't much left for me to say, so I'll just say you're entitled to your opinion.

the only bad in this i see is if a child is "depressed" and they cannot figure out why so trans comes into question and they go to these clinics...the child tries to be opposite gender and they are still depressed.

ok, now what...we know now the issues isnt trans.

is there another worse case scenario im not seeing here?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

You have no emperical evidence for the contrary either. How do you know more people are admitting themselves to these clinic's because they are somehow more aware of it, and not because more are being confused?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

is there another worse case scenario im not seeing here?

Short answer - yes.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join