It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking: Earth could turn into a hothouse planet like Venus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
I think he's bored.

That's a real possibility.

He may have blown his wad with "The Large Scale Structure of Space-time" and "The Grand Design" and the myriad of other books and lectures.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV
a reply to: NeoSpace

You're gonna have to settle for a scratch off and a hooker.

I'll take whatever I can get HAHA

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I think ET killing us might be more plausible than the Earth eating us.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Trueman

I think ET killing us might be more plausible than the Earth eating us.

Haha....exactly. Just don't want to be probed.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Humans have not been here 4 billion years. Look how we changed the planet in a few hundred.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Now that is awesome and welcome news!!!

Getting rid of glyphosate and having the ability of removing that poison from the soil would give me a lot of hope for our future. If monsanto or bayer, whatever they are calling themselves now, goes out of business I will take 2 weeks off from work and party until I am close to death.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Why can't we just try and clean up our local environment for a start and see where it goes from there?

Because like a fart pollution doesn't stay with the producer , our air quality in the UK is sometimes effected by pollution coming over from the continent.

What we do today will effect our kids tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV

originally posted by: Trueman
I think he's bored.

That's a real possibility.

He may have blown his wad with "The Large Scale Structure of Space-time" and "The Grand Design" and the myriad of other books and lectures.

Or maybe he's taking prescribed funny cigarettes.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Humans have not been here 4 billion years. Look how we changed the planet in a few hundred.

Specially in the last 8 years.....haha.
edit on 8-7-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Stephen Hawking warns artificial intelligence could end mankind
www.bbc.com...

Somebody fat sat on his colostomy bag. backed it up way too far.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You can tell the globalists are pushing this mans wheel chair around and are in charge of his feeding tubes.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'll be that guy, Hawkings is a media whore.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

The USA is the second largest polluter in the world , pulling out of the Paris agreement gives them the scope the be the No1 largest polluter in the world.
Making America great again.

Whether you believe in man made climate change or not polluting the air you breath can't be good.

CO2 isn't pollution and that is the metric you are using to call the U.S. a big polluter. CO2 is a necessary part of our atmosphere...just ask the plants.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: InceyWincey
Venus Is hot not from its proximity to the sun but because of the atmospheric pressure. The surface pressure is 90 times that of earth.
Earth atmospheric pressure at MSL is 14.5 psi (pounds per square inch) or 1 bar.
Venus atmospheric pressure at the surface is 1305 psi or 90 bar.
The difference is roughly the weight of a 3000′ high column of water on top of you.
That increased pressure raises the temperature.

To compare Venus to Earth is a fools game.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
CO2 isn't pollution and that is the metric you are using to call the U.S. a big polluter. CO2 is a necessary part of our atmosphere...just ask the plants.

WTF? This is like claiming that humans need water to stay alive, therefore drowning is impossible.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

originally posted by: Metallicus

WTF? This is like claiming that humans need water to stay alive, therefore drowning is impossible.

So you think water is pollution too?

Brilliant.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Isn't it certain that the earth will turn into a "hot house" planet unable to sustain life? I think it is estimated to happen in a few billion years.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

No, of course I don't think water is a pollutant. What a silly idea.

I am pointing out that it is possible to have too much of a 'good thing'.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I said it was the main driver for alleged man made climate change , producing CO2 creates polution , the US is the 2nd largest polluter that's a matter of record.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I said it was the main driver for alleged man made climate change , producing CO2 creates polution , the US is the 2nd largest polluter that's a matter of record.

And you can provide NO proof of your allegation the C02 is the main driver, it is your opinion only.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join