It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinion on Omar Khadr case. Did he deserve amends?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

I don't care about what a terrorist organization supporter who goes on cheer-leading anti-Israel rants has to say about the due process of an asshole captured on the battlefield.

You live in a nation that wants to fine/jail people for using the wrong gender pronouns. Your due process is a joke.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
And I dont care what a phony libertarian who prefers emotional outbursts and death threats over facts and justice.

Anti-Israel rants? I support them more than others in the region, as they protect gays and minorities, but criticise them when they slaughter innocent people. But nice deflection. Dont go crying when your government infringes on your rights and destroys the evidence.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I think people don't also account for the innocent lives where taken by U.S. and Canada army. What happened to Omar doesn't stop there. Many lives where ruined by U.S. and Canada.

I seen a video about a reporter recording and a guy was simply running to safety. He got shot by an American soldier because the soldier thought he was a terrorist even tho the guy was unarmed. :| Few years back. An American soldier killed a puppy by throwing the dog off the cliff because he thought it was fun. *face palm*

There even another story of how group of American soldiers brutally raped a muslim girl. Not to sound bad or anything. Everytime I hear something f**ked up. It usually an American soldier doing something wrong. I seen a image of bunch of soldiers stripping muslim men naked to humiliate them.

Torturing a 15 year old is never okay. Omar deserves to be in jail for the rest of his life but torture is never okay especially to one that not even an adult yet.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

He was born in Canada so you can't just revoke his citizenship.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainHook
Two separate cases. But the last part - exactly! His dad was a jihadi and died the way he deserved. But a brainwashed kid in a cult who was there, is not the same thing. Kids dont even believe in god unless adults encourage them. Even if he had thrown the grenade - to which all the evidence is contradictory - no one should be tortured. It's what makes us better than them.

The money is a joke though, they should have donated that to a charity on his behalf.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

what I meant is that people seem to not care about what soldiers do. Only what happens to them.

Ya, I agree. 15 year old mental mind is far under developed compared to adult mental state. After all, the prefrontal cortex is last to mature (matures at mid 20s) switch causes teens to have poor reasoning skills.

image.slidesharecdn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join