It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

no sleeveless dresses for women in the house lobby

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Annee

Well, we all have our private prejudices. Yours is anti-religion.

Has nothing to do with being anti-religion.

Covering the shoulders in some Fundamental Christian religions is a fact.

It's also a fact that many of Trumps cabinet are of these Fundamental beliefs.

Woah, so now you are blaming a dress code that wasn't changed by super-prog Pelosi on religious fundies in the cabinet ... who, btw ... are in the Executive Branch of government, *NOT* the Legislative which is the branch that has the dress code you so abhor?

You better stop digging your hole while you can.

The Cabinet has no power over the dress code of Congress. They are entirely separate branches of the government.

You know ... my high school debate coach used this string to show us faulty logic:

Love is blind. -> Ray Charles is blind. -> God is love. -> Therefore, Ray Charles is God.

Your logic this time is more like:

Love is blind. -> Ray Charles is Blind. -> God is love. -> Therefore, Bruce Springsteen is God!
edit on 8-7-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Haha, is she trolling? I really can't tell.

We're getting into Alex Jones type conspiracy depths over women being oppressed into wearing full size shirts hahahah.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Haha, is she trolling? I really can't tell.

We're getting into Alex Jones type conspiracy depths over women being oppressed into wearing full size shirts hahahah.

NO

I'm not

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Just for you :

Professionalism

: the conduct, aims, or qualities that characterize or mark a profession or a professional person.

Merriam Webster
Professionalism

I work at a very large corporation . They require a certain level of the above at all times . I imagine that someone never exposed to that term would disagree with a level of dress code.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Is that your response for something you don't want to accept?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Just for you :

Professionalism

: the conduct, aims, or qualities that characterize or mark a profession or a professional person.

Merriam Webster
Professionalism

I work at a very large corporation . They require a certain level of the above at all times . I imagine that someone never exposed to that term would disagree with a level of dress code.

Do they require the women to wear sleeves?

And I do not mean in a meeting with clients. A meeting men have to put their coats and ties back on for.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
So let me get this straight..

There's a conspiracy from a bunch of racist and sexist religious right wing folks, trying to erase feminism and supress women in the name of tradition and decorum, in order to turn women into men, and men into women, while they sacrifice babies and pray to a lizard God?

Did I miss anything??

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

The overzealousness cry for equality may backfire! I certainly would not want to have an equal dress code as the males! UGH!

Oh I don't know... sometimes it's better to leave things to the imagination

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

America has a level of shared culture and participation in society.

Many people from all different philosophies participate.

That is the definition of society.

Just putting it on fundamentalist Christians is as inflammatory and ignorant as saying the Jews control the world.

Also you haven't offered sources for what you keep declaring as fact.
edit on 8-7-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

No, it's my response to something that makes no sense. You are bagging on people who have no control over the situation just because you don't like religion in an attempt to try to make a point because you have no other point.

We get it. You hate religion. You hate Trump. You hate being told that you can't bare your shoulders, but in this case, those things are really not related.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

The Cabinet has no power over the dress code of Congress. They are entirely separate branches of the government.

In this case though, isn't it Congress.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

The overzealousness cry for equality may backfire! I certainly would not want to have an equal dress code as the males! UGH!

Do you think your male co-workers would like this?

IMO - - men want women to look like women. Men (IMO) still like women in dresses.

I still say - - - the anti bare shoulder is religious related.

Nowadays, in the corporate world? I think most men would prefer the women did dress the same as them. I know I had always had no trouble getting promotions or raises. I was advised correctly to emulate your bosses code of dress. They tend to see you as one of them. That respect gets you halfway through proving you deserve that promotion or salary increase.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Here's a general primer on business attire for ladies.

In general, blouses appropriate for the workplace have sleeves and are not sheer. Talbot' is a great place to shop for work-appropriate blouses. If you would like to make a sleeveless blouse work for the office, wearing a cardigan or blazer over the blouse would be ideal.

This is generally the place they advise for sleeveless and only in a business casual environment, never business formal. It sounds to me like the capitol is business formal.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

It is, but Anneee is claiming that the Cabinet is what's keeping women oppressed by sleeves. It's a Congressional decision to change the dress code of Congress or not. The Cabinet has nothing to do with any of it.

She's pointing at the religious members of the Cabinet as the cause.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

That's clearly a fundamental Christian shill site hahaha.

I can't wait to be told what the "facts" are with no evidence of the great sleeveless oppression conspiracy of 2017.

Maybe the fundamental Russian Christians hacked our dress codes.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

What's most hilarious about this whole attempt as to paint this as prejudicial towards women...

Is the fact that summer time in Washington D.C. is akin to living in a #'ing swamp, and being "forced" to wear a full suit and tie is far, far more a "slight" than "forcing" a woman to wear a dress with 1/4 sleeves could ever possibly be.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
We women are really slow to understand this issue. If a woman's bare shoulder is so powerful that it must be covered...well hell lets strip and take over the world.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
We women are really slow to understand this issue. If a woman's bare shoulder is so powerful that it must be covered...well hell lets strip and take over the world.

Why aren't the men up in arms over not being able to go shirtless in the halls of Congress?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Just for you :

Professionalism

Merriam Webster
Professionalism

Do they require the women to wear sleeves?

And I do not mean in a meeting with clients. A meeting men have to put their coats and ties back on for.

A couple of weeks ago, my husband and I took my grandson to Chicago. It was steamy hot that day. In the fun house on Navy Pier, my husband had loosened his shirt from his dress slacks and rolled his sleeves up. We headed to the Hancock Tower Signature Lounge 96th floor, so we could get a drink while the grandson would enjoy the awesome skyline views. My husband had to tuck in his shirt and fix his sleeves before he entered the lounge. We are the paying customers, (and boy, do you pay! Though, better than paying for the observation deck, one floor down where you don't even get a drink! ) but we can respect that they have a dress code expectation. It is all about image.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Be honest...if you peered into the House Lobby and viewed the male representatives all wearing muscle tank tops...wouldn't it be difficult to get that image out of your head and be able to take them seriously?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join