It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

no sleeveless dresses for women in the house lobby

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV

A 70 year old woman from LA should, of all people, see this... but she's still arguing for... something... can't figure out what though.

See what?

At my age I was totally subjected to dress codes at work.

Sleeveless was never one of them.

So? Different places will have different codes. Just because you worked somewhere that let you wear sleeveless garb doesn't mean that everywhere should let ladies do it. It just means that you wokred somewhere with a different dress code.

Guess what? Most fast food joints don't let women wear sleeveless clothing either. Why aren't you P.O.ed about that?

Nope, you're only mad because the ladies on capitol hill can't and someone brought it to your attention. Here's a thought ... don't work there.

Wow, after all the women who were forced to wear full sized shirts to their optional careers.... I can believe you would say something that insensitive!

After all the suffering sleeved women across this country have gone through! That is just misogynistic to say they have a choice to wear what is expected of everyone.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I must be such a self-loathing woman, or I must be an "in the closet" transgender or something.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

So? Different places will have different codes. Just because you worked somewhere that let you wear sleeveless garb doesn't mean that everywhere should let ladies do it. It just means that you wokred somewhere with a different dress code.

As said, I'm 70. I have worked a lot of places - - I did temp jobs when my kids were young.

Let's stick to office work - - not food places - - or construction places.

Have you ever in any office position been required to cover your shoulders?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The overzealousness cry for equality may backfire! I certainly would not want to have an equal dress code as the males! UGH!

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

As said, I'm 70. I have worked a lot of places - - I did temp jobs when my kids were young.

I worked as a Trust Accountant at a bank...and the dress code required me to wear a business jacket with client meetings. One could remove their jacket in company meetings, but NO short sleeves. It is all about the image for the corporation.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

The overzealousness cry for equality may backfire! I certainly would not want to have an equal dress code as the males! UGH!

Do you think your male co-workers would like this?

IMO - - men want women to look like women. Men (IMO) still like women in dresses.

I still say - - - the anti bare shoulder is religious related.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Sounds like working for ISIS.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I worked as a Trust Accountant at a bank...and the dress code required me to wear a business jacket with client meetings. One could remove their jacket in company meetings, but NO short sleeves. It is all about the image for the corporation.

But, men do that too.

They take their suit jackets and ties off - - - when not meeting clients.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Actually, yes. I worked in a Lindamood-Bell clinic with kids and they wanted us to dress fairly modestly, including no sleeveless.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

For me - - working for Estee Lauder - - was the worst.

Talk about strict dress code.

Sleeveless was OK - - but no just shoulder straps.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Well, we all have our private prejudices. Yours is anti-religion.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Actually, yes. I worked in a Lindamood-Bell clinic with kids and they wanted us to dress fairly modestly, including no sleeveless.

That's still a specialty.

That's not just corporate office.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

No. You are moving the goalposts. You said office environment and I provided one.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Look, I know that building arguments out of strawmen and desperately shifting the goalposts at every turn is sort of your thing, but if we're going to talk about what's lame then why don't we start with that behavior of yours?

When you have to resort to making up something, pretending I said it, and then attacking it as if I'm the one that introduced it into the argument, you've already lost. All you succeed in doing is revealing yourself to be the shrill, small-minded, sad person who lacks any shred of critical thinking ability that you really, truly are.

Your participation in this thread has been a masterclass in why nobody takes people like you seriously anymore. There's no debate to be had, because you're utterly, completely, and totally incapable of having any form of debate. You parrot talking points you heard Anita Sarkeesian spew two years ago and when somebody says something, you completely ignore it and make something else entirely up so you can pivot your "argument" into that.

I'm amazed you have any energy to post, what with continually ensuring the weight of the world stays squarely on your oh-so-daringly bared shoulders.
edit on 8-7-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Yea, she does that a lot.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

And anti-man. Don't forget that one.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Has nothing to do with being anti-religion.

Covering the shoulders in some Fundamental Christian religions is a fact.

It's also a fact that many of Trumps cabinet are of these Fundamental beliefs.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

And anti-man. Don't forget that one.

Oh, trust me - - I am not anti-man.

Solid on the ground mountain men types with beards are what turn me on.

I love very manly men (with brains, of course).

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

No. You are moving the goalposts. You said office environment and I provided one.

Working with children patients is not what I'd consider and office environment.

It's a specialty area.

edit on 8-7-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Has nothing to do with being anti-religion.

Covering the shoulders in some Fundamental Christian religions is a fact.

It's also a fact that many of Trumps cabinet are of these Fundamental beliefs.

No, those are examples of opinions.

Fundamental Christians are almost exclusive to the lesser represented Bible belt. Hardly the ones in control.

Trump's administration is pulling that act the same way Reagan's did to pull otherwise non voting Republicans to the polls.

Just because someone says they are a Christian doesn't mean they represent the religion.

I'm agnostic, but was raised Christian. It's easy to see the fakers. The churches I went to were some of the most concervative (no instrumental music, and very literal interpretation of the Bible).

The basis of true Christianity is free will and not to cast judgment. The people there were very kind, unless you were in their family they didn't try to dictate lifestyle choices.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join