It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

no sleeveless dresses for women in the house lobby

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I do think the argument women are oppressed by any of this is hilarious.

You're a man, right?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
@OP And no jeans and short sleeve shirts for men. Theres a dress code for everyone there. Dont try to pretend like its some slight against women.

In fact in my experience, at least at bars that have dress codes, they are enforced for guys and ladies can wear whatever they want.

i didnt pretend anything.
guess you didnt read the post

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You're a man, right?

Yes, but if both have to have a minimal level of coverage, than it can't be discrimination.

Just because someone wants to show some shoulders doesn't mean they're oppressed.

Because no one can.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Ahh so now we move the goalposts from it's a slight against women (even though the dress code is enforced on men as well) to whining about a dress code that calls for business attire at all. And we'll just ignore that little stretch of time when the Speaker of the House (who, incidentally, owns the rules) was a woman from California who apparently didn't see any need to change them when it was within her power to do so.

This is why people can't take folks like you serious anymore: your quest for perpetual victimhood has caused you to latch on to such absurd things as equal enforcement of a dress code as somehow being a slight against women, and making it appear as though your quest for "equal treatment" for women is really just a codeword for women being treated special. Which is, ironically, sort of the antithesis of equal treatment.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Does this affect anyone here? You're okay with the requirement that men are required to wear jackets and ties, but not okay with women not wearing sleeveless dresses. So rules for the men but not for the women? If a guy wore a 'wife beater' T-shirt would you take offense? How about "holy" jeans or underwear pants not pulled up. Those are all "styles," after all. I know. No one can tell YOU what to wear, by God! The issue is decorum. If you think cut-offs and tennis shoes match that definition then you weren't raised to understand it. Talk to your Mommy and see if she can explain it to you. If she can't, then maybe come to the realization that you were raised lower class.

nope.
dont affect me
i can find it interesting and talk about it though even though it does not affect me

kind of like how no gender preference on a license affects not a single person here yet it sure was talked about

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It's absolutely absurd.

"It's a slight against women that they get told to wear proper business attire like men get told to do!"

Hopefully 4th wave feminists have the mental capacity to understand that demanding to be given different rules from men is not the same as being given the same rules as men and then expected to adhere to those rules.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Shamrock6
... is really just a codeword for women being treated special.

Yup... nailed it

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV
Women routinely get WAY more freedom in their dress than men.

Dresses, skirts, blouses, tops, pants, capris, hairstyles, flats, heels, pumps, open toed, close toed, necklaces, earrings, bracelets, watches, rings, lipstick, eyeliner, blush, foundation, etc etc, etc, etc...

The movers and shakers of business have amended the women's dress code over and over thru-out the years

A 70 year old woman from LA should, of all people, see this... but she's still arguing for... something... can't figure out what though.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

The real feminists in my mind are those who play by the rules we all play by and lead by example.

Self proclaiming you're fighting for anything more than what is equal is just what you said, antithesis.

Some settings we all have rules to go by. If it's a high order government building, funeral, career or plenty of other situations it's respectful we adhere to rules to show we're willing to participate for common goals.

Hell, I'm even a rebellious thinker, and I love questioning the government and those who run it.

But wearing full size shirts fits no where in my rebellious side haha.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

A 70 year old woman from LA should, of all people, see this... but she's still arguing for... something... can't figure out what though.

See what?

At my age I was totally subjected to dress codes at work.

Sleeveless was never one of them.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

You should see... from being around longer than a lot of us that...

The movers and shakers of business have amended the women's dress code over and over thru-out the years

And that your continued dissatisfaction with the system...

... is really just a codeword for women being treated special.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

but she's still arguing for... something... can't figure out what though.

Progressives argue for the complete submission and subjugation of all those that think in any way differently from their ideology. Only their way will be tolerated and they will coerce and bully to achieve it and if that doesn't work - violence.
edit on 8/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Sounds like a vanity issue pertaining to woman bred from poor design or a desire to force oneself to engage and endure something that is uncomfortable. To then complain about it, especially when being paid to fulfill specific requirements and expectations, vanity should be the last of anyone's concern. I also don't see the dress code stating that comfortable attire is prohibited or that uncomfortable attire is required.

And yet there are many workplaces that require women to wear heels. British Columbia, Canada recently passed rules banning required wearing of heels.

globalnews.ca...

This isn't about women's vanity, but the fact that rules force them to wear heels. It's been proven that prolonged wearing of heels are bad for your feet, hips and back, but women are still forced into them. For what? Tradition? Culture? To make women more attractive to clients?

Any dress for men or women that's physically uncomfortable or causes pain should not be part of the dress code. Some traditions should be updated.
edit on 7/8/2017 by Subrosabelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

but women are still forced into them

Except for that onnnnne little tidbit about voluntary employment. Nobody is forcing women to take jobs that require a specific dress code.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell: nobody is forcing anybody to work anywhere that a dress code is enforced.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Except for that onnnnne little tidbit about voluntary employment. Nobody is forcing women to take jobs that require a specific dress code.

Yeah, women! Make sure you stay out of the Male Dominated Corporate & Political worlds.

You know - - those work worlds where man still makes the rules.

Lame.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I do think the argument women are oppressed by any of this is hilarious.

You're a man, right?

I'm a woman. You know this, and I think the idea that a woman having to wear sleeves is oppressive is stupid.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Yeah, women! Make sure you stay out of the Male Dominated Corporate & Political worlds.

Lame.

Where a man still makes the rules and also still wears a suit and tie ... but how dare anyone expect a woman to do likewise.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Those damn men requiring everyone wear sleeves.

I'M SORRY! I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA! RAH RAH RAH!

You still haven't made a point on how it's oppressive if everyone has to abide by it.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Those damn men requiring everyone wear sleeves.

I'M SORRY! I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA! RAH RAH RAH!

You still haven't made a point on how it's oppressive if everyone has to abide by it.

I know you don't want to accept it - - - but, the bare shoulders/arms - - - is religious related.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Lame.

Where a man still makes the rules and also still wears a suit and tie ... but how dare anyone expect a woman to do likewise.

I wore women's business suits to work.

Guess what. Most blouses made to go under women's business suits are sleeveless.

Oh sorry - - I didn't wear a tie. A completely useless accessory - - - unless you feel its necessary to cover the buttons on your shirt.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

See what?

At my age I was totally subjected to dress codes at work.

Sleeveless was never one of them.

So? Different places will have different codes. Just because you worked somewhere that let you wear sleeveless garb doesn't mean that everywhere should let ladies do it. It just means that you wokred somewhere with a different dress code.

Guess what? Most fast food joints don't let women wear sleeveless clothing either. Why aren't you P.O.ed about that?

Nope, you're only mad because the ladies on capitol hill can't and someone brought it to your attention. Here's a thought ... don't work there.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join