It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

no sleeveless dresses for women in the house lobby

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Until recently Catholic churches required women to cover their heads.
I saw plenty of women with tissues bobby-pinned to their heads growing up.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Sleeveless shirts with ties. Only the Chippendale dancers are allowed that costume.
Or just collars and ties and a little Speedo.

God its hot in here isn't it?

I'm in SW Arizona - - it was 117 degrees yesterday.

Men here wear short sleeve shirts and cotton slacks.

Ties have one purpose - - to cover the buttons on a shirt. Not really necessary.

edit on 8-7-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
@OP And no jeans and short sleeve shirts for men. Theres a dress code for everyone there. Dont try to pretend like its some slight against women.

In fact in my experience, at least at bars that have dress codes, they are enforced for guys and ladies can wear whatever they want.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Does this affect anyone here? You're okay with the requirement that men are required to wear jackets and ties, but not okay with women not wearing sleeveless dresses. So rules for the men but not for the women? If a guy wore a 'wife beater' T-shirt would you take offense? How about "holy" jeans or underwear pants not pulled up. Those are all "styles," after all. I know. No one can tell YOU what to wear, by God! The issue is decorum. If you think cut-offs and tennis shoes match that definition then you weren't raised to understand it. Talk to your Mommy and see if she can explain it to you. If she can't, then maybe come to the realization that you were raised lower class.

link   
After working in many fields in different regions including Creative-Coporate, Military-Corporate, Real Estate, Amusement Parks, Car Sales, Retail, and even Grocery... the one constant was...

Women routinely get WAY more freedom in their dress than men.

Dresses, skirts, blouses, tops, pants, capris, hairstyles, flats, heels, pumps, open toed, close toed, necklaces, earrings, bracelets, watches, rings, lipstick, eyeliner, blush, foundation, etc etc, etc, etc...

The movers and shakers of business have amended the women's dress code over and over thru-out the years and this is why you're being met with eye rolls now.

Seriously...

edit on 8-7-2017 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

link   

That's kind of worse don't ya think?
They do it because they choose to...
Oh yea oh yea oh yea...lol

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
@OP And no jeans and short sleeve shirts for men. Theres a dress code for everyone there. Dont try to pretend like its some slight against women.

In fact in my experience, at least at bars that have dress codes, they are enforced for guys and ladies can wear whatever they want.

Sleeveless is not boobs hanging out or a skirt up to your yaya.

Of course forcing a woman to cover her shoulders & toes is a slight against women.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

That's kind of worse don't ya think?
They do it because they choose to...
Oh yea oh yea oh yea...lol

There's always a few traditionalists

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Women compete with other women.

The corporate world is still mostly a man's world.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Of course forcing a woman to cover her shoulders & toes is a slight against women.

Hahahahahaaha

Nice string of logic.

If nipples and vaginas aren't showing, any additional rules are obvious slights against women from the covered man.

Edit: but only in isolated cases, like government buildings, haha
edit on 8-7-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Why do woman want to show their toes and shoulders so badly that they have to create an issue when asked to adhere to a specific dress code?

You ever walked around for hours with your toes stuffed into high heels?

Sounds like a vanity issue pertaining to woman bred from poor design or a desire to force oneself to engage and endure something that is uncomfortable. To then complain about it, especially when being paid to fulfill specific requirements and expectations, vanity should be the last of anyone's concern. I also don't see the dress code stating that comfortable attire is prohibited or that uncomfortable attire is required.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Ugh.
We always hear but it's a dry heat. To which I say...
Yeah so is baking.

I'm in the nineties with eighty percent humidity. Outside is oppressively hot and sticky.
I wear makeup because I love it and I'm working bit of a diva. It slides right off in this weather.

Sleeves...no. even slacks or jeans are too much. Shorts, dresses and swimsuits or naked are the only way to stay cool outdoors and well unless you have a tall solid fence...

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Here's my dress code

www.cosmopolitan.com...

No it's not naked.
Dirty minded fools.
LOL

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Why do woman want to show their toes and shoulders so badly that they have to create an issue when asked to adhere to a specific dress code?

You ever walked around for hours with your toes stuffed into high heels?

Sounds like a vanity issue pertaining to woman bred from poor design or a desire to force oneself to engage and endure something that is uncomfortable. To then complain about it, especially when being paid to fulfill specific requirements and expectations, vanity should be the last of anyone's concern. I also don't see the dress code stating that comfortable attire is prohibited or that uncomfortable attire is required.

High heels were invented by men (originally for men).

In some companies it is a requirement for women to wear heels.

Before Women's Rights - - - I was threatened with being fired for having a run in my nylons. And I could have been.

I wear only flat shoes now.

Men can give up their ties (which are only to cover the buttons on the shirt) - - and women can give up heels. Seems fair.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Not when men are forced to cover their shoulders and toes, it sure isn't.

Something can't be a "slight against women" when men are required to do the same thing.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

"Cool argument."

Trying to call me out on being hung up on something which you yourself are continuing to argue about is pretty moronic. You made a strawman, got called on it. I've said more than once I don't have a problem with the dress code, including in a comment you responded to.

End of story.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Ugh.
We always hear but it's a dry heat. To which I say...
Yeah so is baking.

As my friend says: "Turn your hair dryer on and hold it up to your free hand" - - - that's dry heat

I live in shorts and T-shirts. I buy 100% cotton (no hook) bras from Walmart. They're like $10 - - - I can just throw it in the dirty clothes if it was one of those sweaty days.

We have a monsoon season - - which is just about to start.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Not when men are forced to cover their shoulders and toes, it sure isn't.

Something can't be a "slight against women" when men are required to do the same thing.

So, because men (who make the rules) force themselves to wear suits.

Women should be forced to do so too?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Here's my dress code

www.cosmopolitan.com...

No it's not naked.
Dirty minded fools.
LOL

I like your dress code.

I worked for Estee Lauder for a short time.

TALK about a dress code. Sheeze - - were they strict.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I never argued with you.

And my point has still maintained that the code is fair. Hell, it's a little more lax for women. And I don't have a problem with that either.

I do think the argument women are oppressed by any of this is hilarious.
edit on 8-7-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join