It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

no sleeveless dresses for women in the house lobby

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Is that Bull Durham?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

HAHA! YOU GOT IT!

HE HIT THE FRIGGIN BULL! GETS A FREE STEAK!

Sorry for the thread drift... someone made a baseball million dollars reference... couldn't resists...

Hey wait... baseball players gotta a uniform too right? Maybe they should just go full on Sandlot and wear PF Flyers!

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think a dress code is appropriate. There are standards that should be maintained and everyone has free will in this - if they don;t like it, they can be somewhere else and do a different job.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I think a dress code is appropriate. There are standards that should be maintained and everyone has free will in this - if they don;t like it, they can be somewhere else and do a different job.

My idea of a perfect dress code for politicians - the bomb vest. Once you become a politician you have to wear this vest and it starts ticking down. After 4.1 years of use it activates. So you had better find a new occupation before that time runs out. Complete free will as well. No need for term limits.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

originally posted by: UKTruth

My idea of a perfect dress code for politicians - the bomb vest. Once you become a politician you have to wear this vest and it starts ticking down. After 4.1 years of use it activates. So you had better find a new occupation before that time runs out. Complete free will as well. No need for term limits.

I prefer Logan's Run style.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
a reply to: TinySickTears
Best check yo source..
The liberal reporting on sleeveless dresses in the Capitol is monumentally false and stupid
On a side note:
Is your lack of capitalization something picked up from twitter?

You do realize that site is fake news, right? It's a tabloid. The word "examiner" should clue you in.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I don't understand it either -- but I'm a jeans and t-shirt type gal too, so maybe that's our problem???

Dress codes often seem to be quite arbitrary and nonsensical with no practical purpose. For example, I can understand wanting women to dress in a way that is not provocative and disruptive to the business environment, so I can understand banning low cut blouses... but shoulders? Really??? What practical purpose does it serve? What practical purpose does a jacket serve over a button up shirt and tie?

Sometimes it just doesn't make sense. Not long ago I had a discussion with my son and his wife about flannel shirts vs non-flannel shirts. They thought flannel shirts were tacky but couldn't give me a good reason why. I asked if they would feel the same about the same shirt in a simple plaid cotton woven fabric, and they said that was okay... I pointed out that making the shirts would be exactly the same, using the same pattern and sewing it together in the same way in the same order... the only difference would be the fabric. Makes no sense to me... but they wouldn't budge.

So I guess can't help you here... sorry!

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

What practical purpose does a jacket serve over a button up shirt and tie?

Especially the tie! Why is a tie part of the male "must wear" dress code?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

What I can't figure out is why 9 times out of 10 when a dress code gripe is brought up, we're always complaining about it in context of what women have to wear. No one ever complains much about what the men have to wear.

It seems like people only think dress codes are oppressive or too much for us ladies while guys having to always wear suit and tie is never too much to ask.

Maybe your answer is there ... given I think the OP is male. Perhaps it's less about "freeing" women and more about guys wanting to see things women's dress codes don't let them see.

edit on 8-7-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV

HAHA! YOU GOT IT!

HE HIT THE FRIGGIN BULL! GETS A FREE STEAK!

Sorry for the thread drift... someone made a baseball million dollars reference... couldn't resists...

Hey wait... baseball players gotta a uniform too right? Maybe they should just go full on Sandlot and wear PF Flyers!

its cause he held it like an egg and breathed out of his eyelids

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

So what you are saying is that after you become a politician and sell your soul, that person will never be able to reintegrate normally into a non vampiric lifestyle? Is living among us sheep that terrible of a fate?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I like to see some cleavage. Nothing's wrong with it.
Except Hillary's.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

It was a humorous response to your post. I was thinking of the bomb vest.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I don't understand it either -- but I'm a jeans and t-shirt type gal too, so maybe that's our problem???

Dress codes often seem to be quite arbitrary and nonsensical with no practical purpose.

i get there are dress codes and there should be but i agree that i dont get the purpose for a lot of it.

sandals and wife beaters on the house floor?
of course not

but a woman showing shoulder or a toe and a guy not wearing a jacket

whats the point

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Can men wear sleeveless shirts in there?

are men women?
men have to wear a jacket and tie

i said that already

women and men dont dress the same

Cool argument.

Sorry the times aren't progressive enough where women can do whatever and men can't.

There's so much straw in your strawman argument here, you left a trail of it behind you as you wandered off lol.

Tiny doesn't understand the dress code being what it is. At no point was there any suggestion that men should have to adhere to a dress code and women should be able to show up in yoga pants and a tank top.

Personally, I see no problem with the dress code as is. The courts in my area don't allow male attorneys to cross the bar unless they have a coat and tie, and female attorneys can't show up in a sundress and sandals. But I don't see the point in equating Tiny's disagreement with that as somehow being the same as saying women should be able to do as they please and men should have to adhere to a dress code.

And I certainly don't understand trying to move the argument into "why don't you capitalize?" territory lol.

Comedy.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
As always. . . .

I have a solution.

Both men and women should wear yoga pants and pasties.

And a banjo.

/thread

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Trump in yoga pants?
Where's the bleach?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It could be that a lot of men are jealous of the freedom in the female dress code. I know I am.

Business casual around here. No comfortable clothes for the peak of summer. 95 degrees outside + high humidity and we males are relegated to pants and a full shirt. Females can wear breathable dresses, shirts and skorts. Fancy open toed shoes or sandals and freeing blouses. While we are sitting here sweating our *$#*@ off, they are traipsing around dancing and singing (I secretly think they are laughing at us as well).

I am starting to see the value of cross-dressing.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Here you go. . .

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I asked if men could wear sleeveless shirts, this was TinySickTears response

are men women?
men have to wear a jacket and tie

i said that already

women and men dont dress the same