It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix hits 117 degrees Friday, breaks record set in 1905

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I was there in 94 or 95 doing vehicle testing and we were supposed to get a break after 2 weeks but it was too hot to fly out. We would put in a gallon of gasoline at 60 degrees and the car wouldn't start because of vapor lock what a pain the testing was. The Chrysler proving grounds weren't finished and had few places with AC. The fuel storage farm was the best.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Climate change person: "There is global warming, look how hot it was outside today."

Average person on the street: "That is not true, we have had some very cool days recently."

Climate change person: "You can't use daily temperatures as an indicator denier!"

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baldryck
Climate change person: "There is global warming, look how hot it was outside today."

Average person on the street: "That is not true, we have had some very cool days recently."

Climate change person: "You can't use daily temperatures as an indicator denier!"

Climate Change person. Actually, listen to what real Scientists tell us.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Yes and today in the So Cal valleys we are at 113 today, and Palm Springs in going to hit 120 they were at 95 this morning at 7am.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Oh ok so what you're saying is that it was almost just as hot BEFORE humans were burning a lot of fuel then. Kewl beans thanks

Jaden

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Please show me a real scientist that uses raw data lol

Jaden

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Scientists tell us that a heat dome is evidence of climate, but a similar run of cold days in the winter is just weather. To me, that's crap. Either they are both evidence of climate or they are both just weather.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It's because Trump didn't sign the Paris Accords.

Damn you Trump!

DAMN YOU!

It may be 117, but when you factor in the wind chill, it's actually 7 billion degrees.

So drink water.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The Military thinks climate change is real and a potential security problem.

www.militarytimes.com...

www.voanews.com...

The Right wing uses "no climate change" data from the fossil fuel industry.

I think I'd rather believe the military than business agenda bought and paid for "scientists"

105 here in the mile high Rio Grande valley.
edit on 8-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I was out in it all day. It sucks, but it is normal. We used to actually get monsoons, our rainy period, but after the city ballooned, they aren't as frequent. I believe all of the pavement, and concrete from all of the construction seems to be trapping the heat. Storing it, not letting the heat out in the evening. I've live here since '87, so I'm used to it. Well, as much as you can be. Stay inside when you can, and keep hydrated. If you travel out of the city, say into the farming areas at night, the temperature drops, not 30 degrees, but enough to notice.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingWhale

I agree, they are called hear sinks and it is one of the reasons large cities can cause micro climates. Cycles come and go, horrible winters-hot ass summers. It is all part of having a planet with no central heating or cooling.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The monsoons were like clockwork once. You could look out to the east everyday around 3pm and see the thunderheads growing. Now the storm has to be an absolute monster just to make it into town. The storms are less frequent, but they are more powerful it seems. Totally agree about the heat sink.

Our spring, to me, seemed milder this year. But, like you said, the cycles come and go.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The wind is the worst part. Nothing like sweating and having the 7 billion degree wind just boil it off your skin.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
and just think, it only took more than a HUNDRED YEARS of carpeting that place with concrete, asphalt, buildings and cars and everything that traps heat.

no wonder.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tribal

One of the main questions to accurate heat/temp gathering is the fact that the temp probes may be in the same place but the place is now a cement parking lot surrounded by more cement and brick and not a developing city in the 1970's and 1980's.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: tribal

One of the main questions to accurate heat/temp gathering is the fact that the temp probes may be in the same place but the place is now a cement parking lot surrounded by more cement and brick and not a developing city in the 1970's and 1980's.

Are they the same type of thermometers?
Are they calibrated?
If so, who does it and how often?
If they are different thermometers, then where is the variance study done on the differences, if any?
Who does the data gathering? (mostly volunteers)
Do they do the same data collection at the same time every day?
Are they vetted?
Where are the studies on locational variances?

These are the questions I always ask.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I have been living here now for 5years and have been vacationing here in the summer for over 20 years prior and I love it, the heat is what it is in a desert, hot and the only thing people need to do is keep a hat on and have plenty of water.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

All very good questions, and the only reason we need ask them is the $$$ that is connected. If the money was not there, we wouldn't even be talking about this.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

That is so damm true i live next to the airport where they take the temp for the citys official temp it was not 111 i had 2 in shade readings of 120

Its been hot like this as far back as i can remember tho ... iv been hear 30 years ... if vegas was getting any hoter people would be dieing ... well the tourist would ...

that dry heat u dont really fell it tell ur on the steep slide down once u go i need water its to late

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That was also Obama's military. Under Obama, every government agency was directed to call MMGW some kind of threat, disaster, or impact to their department.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join