It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where i am at now .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Mousy , its hard and i know . But hows this . If you smoke 30 a day lets go for 25

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Yep, wonder what taxes look like in Australia?

Our federal taxes are more than yours , without looking quite a bit more . Our state taxes less . Apples and oranges , your health system is broke , no its a train wreck .

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

No doubt they are higher than in the US, but i would deem it worthy as well.

Fact is Americans freak out about taxes despite paying some of the lowest amounts in the developed world and well the quality of life especially in healthcare definitely shows it.

I was in a should have been fatal car accident back in 2014. Myself and my parents are still making payments to the hospital and will be for years to come despite having full private medical insurance. The helicopter ride alone was billed at almost 300 thousand dollars.

Overall? Well over a million dollars in bills sought for just about 10 days in the trauma hospital and another 2 weeks in a rehabilation hospital.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Scary, you can work for 30 years, and it can all be gone in 2 weeks.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Overall? Well over a million dollars in bills sought for just about 10 days in the trauma hospital and another 2 weeks in a rehabilation hospital.

You know and even myself in Australia knows that a heli trip and ten days in hospital does not run a million . And sadly look at who you have in charge to change things , and he was your best choice .

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Okay. Thanks for the inspiration.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
hutch, I'm so relieved that you are ok now. Don't worry about the scars, we all have some. Now change that avatar to the cool lizard one. Thank you! LOL

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Good on ya mate.

Here's to many more rounds of golf, ends of bowls and crabbing. Looks like they cleaned out the crabs down that way

My regards,

bally

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Good luck sir. Glad to hear you are back to kicking ass.

Yeah, life is insane. Pain is strength, never losing is sorrowful, and winning is letting others think they won.

It is the struggle that makes us noble.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
My Dad was told he had an abdominal aortic aneurism & would need surgery. While repairing that, they found that his leg arteries were almost completely blocked. (Long time smoker!) He had had leg pain for years! Leg problems run in the family so he just figured it was his turn! He had
a hard time walking for years too.

They were able to 'roto-root' the arteries out, & he said he felt like a million bucks! Except that they had to lift out his intestines to get to the aneurism & when they put them back in, every place that they touched together was painful for awhile.

There is nothing like regaining your health after it was lost! Especially if you lost it gradually. It kind of sneaks up on you & you don't realize how much you've really lost until you have it all back!

Congratulations!
Enjoy your second chance at life!

WOQ

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Now change that avatar to the cool lizard one. Thank you! LOL

There you go NS .lol.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Looks like they cleaned out the crabs down that way.

Not the kind of crabs we will be going after .

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: Night Star

Now change that avatar to the cool lizard one. Thank you! LOL

There you go NS .lol.

YAY!!!!!!! Thank you hutch!

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Why couldn't you walk? Was it breathlessness?
I've smoked 20+ years and I'm fitter than many non smokers I work with.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: InceyWincey

Why couldn't you walk? Was it breathlessness?

No it was leg pain . If i pushed through the pain they just wouldn't work , as in they would fold under me . The anaesthetist said they would do about 6-7 of these ops a week . SA has arounds 1.7 million people . Not a common condition . SA has about 1700 heart bypass ops per year as a comparison .
edit on 9-7-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join