It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi Germany, overhyped?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So you have now changed your story, backtracked, decided to dump your silly I got it backwards argument
Courage there AM
Go build a new carrier

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Yeah genius, you were wrong, it was close to ninety...

Says the guy who was comically unaware that they could have had 60.

...And most were being built after 43 and the war was over and isn't even relevant to if Germany was overhyped pre WW2

World War II ended in 1943? Interesting Mandela timeline you live in. Germany would not have been able to stand up to the naval might of the British with that amount of carriers. The British would have completely dominated the air, even without the United States being their militarily.

Great irrelevant argument

Says the guy who doesn't even know when the war ended, the Manhattan Project started or about the timeline for Sea Lion. I appreciate you giving me my daily dose of comedy.

edit on 8-7-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

So you have now changed your story, backtracked, decided to dump your silly I got it backwards argument
Courage there AM
Go build a new carrier

What am I backtracking? Sea Lion planning came before Barbarossa. The British far outpaced Germany in carrier production.

Any of that wrong Captain History?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
of course its overhyped.

its all a myth. did you ever see a worldwarr2 movie made during the war? the germans were WHAT THEY WERE, just regular guys forced to fight a war.

then the internationnalists realized they could get what they want, make billions, and play the victim card to continue the takeover of the world.

just ask yourself why is it a crime to question the war in europe, canada, and australia. how are western nations under thought crimes imposed laws?

once i found out there were thought crimes for merely asking a question, then i knew, the entire story is bulllsh!t.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What,,where building 60 aircraft carriers, really, really truly

Yeah, genius, they were. Your lack of knowledge on the subject is embarrassing.

Unlike Hitler, the Allies knew the value of naval airpower which is why retard Hitler only had two under construction and never finished either.

As for their nuclear program, it never got out of its infancy.

ETA: I was wrong, it was close to 90.

No,atomic,programme was stared in the US till 42 genius
And it was lead,by Germans

Those overhyped Germans who understood atomic power before the allies.
Genius...

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I don't disagree with you. But from a practical military perspective, they were absolutely not over-hyped. Their military power was incredible, in it's own way.

Could they sustain that military power? No. Could they project that military power much beyond their own neighborhood? Not really. But in the air, on land, and on sea, they were categorically a force to be reckoned with.

Up until they started running out of things like...y'know, gas.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Courage there AM
Go build a new carrier

What am I backtracking? Sea Lion planning came before Barbarossa. The British far outpaced Germany in carrier production.

Any of that wrong Captain History?

The Germans didn't want carriers, genius, that's why they didn't even bother to take their ships out of the harbors. Why Turpitz was sunk in a fjord
They were fighting land battles
Why build carriers, they built subs.
Who,cares anyway

I don't care about carriers,,they are irrelevant

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Courage there AM
Go build a new carrier

What am I backtracking?

Seems more like you're moonwalking, to me. And moonwalking badly. I think the crotch grabbing is throwing you off.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

No,atomic,programme was stared in the US till 42 genius

Hehe. You make me laugh.

The Manhattan Project began modestly in 1939...

Briggs held a meeting on 21 October 1939, which was attended by Szilárd, Wigner and Edward Teller. The committee reported back to Roosevelt in November that uranium "would provide a possible source of bombs with a destructiveness vastly greater than anything now knownSource.

And it was lead,by Germans

Those overhyped Germans who understood atomic power before the allies.

Who cares? They did nothing with it and when it became apparent that there was a feasibility it was far too late as the Allies were well on their way with production. Germany had no atomic infrastructure on consequence.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

The Germans didn't want carriers, genius, that's why they didn't even bother to take their ships out of the harbors. Why Turpitz was sunk in a fjord
They were fighting land battles
Why build carriers, they built subs.
Who,cares anyway

They did not want carriers because retard Hitler was not convinced of their viability, that was until his precious Bismarck got bombed to the bottom by naval aircraft. They he had a change of heart and had their poorly designed carrier program restarted.

Oh, haha, you are so oblivious to what actually happened. Stay away from YouTube.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Seems more like you're moonwalking, to me. And moonwalking badly. I think the crotch grabbing is throwing you off.

Ooh hoo, hee hee. Jamone.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Yeah genius, you were wrong, it was close to ninety...

Says the guy who was comically unaware that they could have had 60.

...And most were being built after 43 and the war was over and isn't even relevant to if Germany was overhyped pre WW2

World War II ended in 1943? Interesting Mandela timeline you live in. Germany would not have been able to stand up to the naval might of the British with that amount of carriers. The British would have completely dominated the air, even without the United States being their militarily.

Great irrelevant argument

Says the guy who doesn't even know when the war ended, the Manhattan Project started or about the timeline for Sea Lion. I appreciate you giving me my daily dose of comedy.

Yeah it did mate, it ended at Stalingrad 43

Unless,you think the Brits and the yanks won the war for everyone in 45 when it was already over bar the shouting

So tell me genius,,if the Brits had it in hand, why was Churchill,begging the Yanksmto get involved, or didn't he in your timeline

The Brits were being smashed in North Africa

Didn't you know that either,,was that before operation sea lion that didn't happen or did you still think it did, you confuse not just yourself

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Yeah it did mate, it ended at Stalingrad 43

If you say so Mr. Mandela.

The Brits were being smashed in North Africa

That would be news to Messers Montgomery and Rommel.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I don't disagree with you. But from a practical military perspective, they were absolutely not over-hyped. Their military power was incredible, in it's own way.

Could they sustain that military power? No. Could they project that military power much beyond their own neighborhood? Not really. But in the air, on land, and on sea, they were categorically a force to be reckoned with.

Up until they started running out of things like...y'know, gas.

I think that really my point.

It had some real strengths but there was just to many fundamental flaws.

One can not fault the bravery of German Soldiers or some of the Brilliant minds of there Generals.

Fortunately for the world those brilliant minds did not extend to the leadership.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I must have been reading all the wrong history books on WWII. The Germans out-manned, out-manufactured and out organized every country they infiltrated. They were extremely well disciplined and organized. Their opponents never knew what hit them. Truly Germanic evil had not even entered their neighbors minds.

Fact still that unless the US had not intervened with Churchill and slogged for two years (which we were all totally unprepared) without giving up Germany would have won.

I don't mean to discount the Russians, but for all their resources and might, their lack of intellectual military initiatives left them in a very bad place. It took everything the allies had working together to beat Germany, Italy, and Japan.

That is a hell I hope never is allowed to happen again. The cost to humanity is unthinkable.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Delayed 2-3 years?? Really? I will be polite here and label that 'best case scenario'. Worst case scenario? Never.

Too many variables here. Lend-Lease on steroids? Not at all as the U.S. is focused on Japan? Goering comes to his senses and returns to bombing airfields, ports and infrastructure instead of London? A huge increase of German air assets due to victory in the east?

I say again, anyone's guess.

Two to three years not because of anything the UK did but as Speer stated that the Chromium and Tungsten receives Germany had would be gone by 1947. That means no more tanks or artillery. It was actually a genuine and terrifying fear of his. 1947 and the German industry's would collapse. After that Russia or the UK could walk in.

Germany could not have survived a prolonged war, there economy was too fragile.

I knew nothing of this shortage, however,one would think that all the occupied regions Germany now controlled would have some supply of both. What is the date of this Speer comment?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Every single Admiral that actually had a brain cell in WW2 would disagree!
edit on 8-7-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Hitler invaded Russia because he couldn't invade Britain

Wrong.

Russia and the east in General was ALWAYS Hitlers goals.

This was part of his mien Kampf. He started it time and time again in his private cabinet meetings that Russia and Bolchiviks where his enemy and had to be destroyed.

The Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact was a ruse to buy Germany time between invading Poland and preparing for the Invasion of Russia.

His soul aim was to bring the Germanic people in Poland , Ukraine, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania under his protection, exterminate the Slavic people in these areas then move on into Russia settling it and using it for its resources.
That was the German Empire he dreamed of.

Britain in his option was a Aryan country and did not need conquering and cleaning and in fact he considered it a proof of Aryan superiority And France? He cared little about either away, he just needed them to pose no military threat to his ambitions in the east.

Thanks wokey
I was aware that Hitlers was going after Russia, that he wanted to Allie himself with the Brits.
He may have even stood down at Dunkirk to garner favor with the Brits, maybe? At a guess?

Yep, irrespective, I think them Nazis were a ferocious army, not overhyped, fortunately not underestimated either.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

So tell me genius,,if the Brits had it in hand, why was Churchill,begging the Yanksmto get involved, or didn't he in your timeline

Why did Bush beg the UK to into Iraq with him?

Doesn't matter what the advantage is in war, anyone with a ounce of sense and a working bran cell will try and call allies in, even if winning is a sure thing.

US entering the war just assure victory in less time will fewer dead Brits.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

You know what, when the Germans started the war, I don't think carriers were that big an issue. Invading Checkoslavakia,,Poland France Belgium.
The Germans were raiders,my hey didn't need merchant shipping, they had u boats

Britain,,the US, they were at war with Japan, AC carriers were very important
Not so much for Germany

why do you think AC carriers were important to the Nazis?
Got an answer?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join