It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look! There's A Petition To Remove CNN's Airport Monopoly

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
LOL at this comment on the petition:

It is an insult to be force fed "Communist News Network" fake news on federally controlled property - please replace them with either Fox News or Christian News Network

He doesn't realize that it is unconsititutional. And Fox News has a strong Christian bias.

But it does raise a good question. What do we replace it with?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FatherLukeDuke
Oooh, a petition, they always work. This will have CNN quaking in their boots.

The pen is mightier than the sword - petitions are created due to ideas that motivated them. CNN are indeed quaking in their boots - Mr Zucker pussy-n-boots himself is too chicken sh!t to face the music - quaking boot fact.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Done - and thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention!

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
LOL at this comment on the petition:

It is an insult to be force fed "Communist News Network" fake news on federally controlled property - please replace them with either Fox News or Christian News Network

He doesn't realize that it is unconsititutional. And Fox News has a strong Christian bias.

But it does raise a good question. What do we replace it with?

24/7 screenings of "The Matrix" anyone?

(post by six67seven removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

This is truly an embarrassing look for all in this thread and ATS in general. You all just nod and agree without questioning the post at all.

Forget where you are?

Oh wait, you just said where you are. I'm sorry, you must be confused. Most people on this site hate all MSM. That's why you see everyone say it all the time.

Cable "news" networks peddle visual click bait for money. They protect their top advertisers and constantly run "stories" with no evidence, just a board of speculators.

Fox included.

Partisan hacks are the only one who defend any of them, because it's a defense of the networks mostly baseless claims.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: FatherLukeDuke
Oooh, a petition, they always work. This will have CNN quaking in their boots.

The pen is mightier than the sword - petitions are created due to ideas that motivated them. CNN are indeed quaking in their boots - Mr Zucker pussy-n-boots himself is too chicken sh!t to face the music - quaking boot fact.

I am betting the 'father' would have told Thomas Jefferson something like this

"Hey Tom, for God's sake man sush it would ya? We need the King to tell us what to do, what "fact's" to believe or else, and what we can say in public about him."

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Speaking of network ratings including the cable networks, I recently read an article related to how the networks arrange better ratings for themselves. It seem they intentionally misspell the names of various shows, more specifically their "Nitely" news shows. For the Nielsen ratings to work each network or cable outlet must provide a daily and weekly schedule for Nielsen to provide the ratings.

It is a card that is filled out and returned to the Nielsen Company much like a dairy that is hand filled out by the viewers at home. Electronic measuring is in use in some regions but smaller markets still utilize the hand dairies which are then returned to Nielsen. For over night ratings, some are calculated based on weekly viewership and some are actually measured according to telephonic interviews and electronically.

The networks provide a schedule with the shows they wish to be measured and most measurements overnight are of news programming to include ABC's World News Tonight which on nights they anticipate lower viewership like Friday nights, they "Re-title" the show ABC's Wrld News Tonight" so that the weekly averages do not reflect the lower average.

It is basically fraud, not only on the part of the Networks but on Nielsen's as well since it is an accepted practice they call "re-titling". The practice has become so widespread in recent years that it has affected the total viewership numbers reported by Nielsen to advertisers which purchase airtime for commercials which can cost as much as 400-thousand in a Prime Time show like the "walking Dead".

If I was an advertiser and paid the enormous sums they command based on false viewership numbers, I would be talking to my lawyers about a Class Action lawsuit or at least be expecting a huge discount on my next purchase order. CNN's viewership numbers as are others are most assuredly bolstered by their public broadcast in various public places. The forced inclusion of their various cable programs on local cable companies and other satellite providers is a huge selling point for the networks.

You can read the article for yourself or find it from other sources by searching, below. Times, they are a changing for how the media as a whole manipulates the public and the internet is largely responsible, however the internet is also used as a tool to manipulate the public but much more effective since there are many sources with false and differing viewpoints that we must be careful and not allow it to become another tool for them to use or worse, a tool we use against ourselves.

nypost.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: IAMTATafter 9/11 my former employer started piping headline news and cnn into break room and cafeteria last fall we made them switch to foxnews

Kudos

Des

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Honestly, this war against the facists media regime, despite what some say about freedom of the press, this is what's making America great again.

Go America, I'm rooting for you.

In the 1st amendment freedom of speech is listed just before freedom of the press. It's wonderful how the 1st amendment gives people the liberty to fend of the press when they explojt their 1st amendment rights to become what they have today.

(post by Montsta removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

So much much for constitutional requirement for a free and independent press core.

Banish people or groups is very effect alt right strategy. Ask china, Russia and North Korea how effect it is.
edit on 8-7-2017 by SmilingROB because: Spelling

edit on 8-7-2017 by SmilingROB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
A large part of CNN's audience are "24 hour viewers" ie. airports and waiting rooms.

When you take this into consideration and look at their abysmal ratings, it really makes you wonder how many people are actually tuning into CNN.

Well we know from his own tweets that Trump watches it every day. I am would assume that the alt right watches cnn so they can know what their intellectual leader is thinking
edit on 8-7-2017 by SmilingROB because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

It's the minimum need for the government to consider a petition. So if you can get .0012% of the population to agree with you the government might consider your petition.

As one poster noted this a free choice by the airport and not driven by the government. Hence they will not touch this issue.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SmilingROB

It's the minimum need for the government to consider a petition. So if you can get .0012% of the population to agree with you the government might consider your petition.

As one poster noted this a free choice by the airport and not driven by the government. Hence they will not touch this issue.

As that poster was incorrect it is a null point. Almost every single airport is state or publicly owned.

So the people DO have a say in it.

The decisions by the airports that carry CNN were made those in public and state offices so the public has a direct say in how funds should be spent.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Two of your links redirect to the same site, and another to another ATS post. Bravo for stating the obvious.

This site has swung to the right far too many times lately and as a budding journalist it makes me think. Why do the Trump voters echo his sentiments despite the fact he covfefe-point proven right there and there is no denying that, and yes Hillary is no saint herself but so covfefe.

CNN hasn't conducted themselves in a professional manner, but then again neither has FOX-the right wing's lap dog. Journalism is about recording the facts as you see them and should not be bias.Trumps 'covfefe' gaff was there for all to see and now he throws a tantrum because it's "fake news."

Journalists on both sides don't realize you need to leave your opinions at home and focus on the facts. If the Trump admin made a good or bad executive order, it's not the presses prerogative to offer an opinion but merely state the facts.

I'd rather have a boil on my @$$ then shake Trump's hand but I wouldn't skewer the truth. CNN, FOX-both are guilty these acts, and as a journalist you need to remain unbiased despite your personal beliefs.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

You shouldn't drink the bong water.

This is how it works-you pay a company for exclusive rights to 'borrow' an IP and CNN is not the only one guilty of this practice. If someone has the money then you don't say no, i worked in radio and I can tell you you can't fight city hall, but if you have a fan base then the listeners will bow down to you, not the producer.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Two of your links redirect to the same site, and another to another ATS post. Bravo for stating the obvious.

Take THAT up with the mods.
My original OP was also linked to the petition itself, along with the rationale contained therein.

The mods correctly removed it due to ATS limits on the posting of actual petitions.
I understand their concern and action...and remain grateful they allowed the thread to remain intact, minus the actual petition...along with it's accompanying link.

Note, please, that at no point in my OP do I suggest or encourage anyone to sign anything.

edit on 9-7-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
UPDATE:
I'm not allowed to post the link to 'Remove CNN's airport monopoly and tax-payer funded broadcast' petition...

But it now has 3,658 supporters...and has now has raised it's goal from 2,500 to 5000.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join