It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Putin relations off to a good start

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
So they met for the first time today and discussed some things like Russia's interference in the 2016 election and Syria and North Korea. All in all, a civil and productive first step to re establish ties between the top 2 super powers and the 2 biggest white people countries.

Election meddling Trump immediately pressed Putin on the allegations that Russia interfered in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, administration officials said after the meeting. “The president pushed Putin on multiple occasions – Putin denied involvement, as I believe he has done in the past,” U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said.

Syria The U.S. and Russia announced an agreement for a cease-fire in southwest Syria to take effect July 9, according to the Associated Press. Lavrov said Russian military police will monitor the cease-fire. He said the deal was brokered by Russia, the U.S. and Jordan. Moscow and Washington will ensure the cessation of hostilities and humanitarian access, Lavrov said. Tillerson described the deal as the first indication of the Trump administration and Russia being able to work together in Syria.

North Korea Trump and Putin “had a pretty good exchange” on how to deal with the threat of North Korea, Tillerson also said. However, the secretary of state added that the Russians “see it a little different than we do.” Tillerson noted that Russia’s ultimate goal mirrors what the U.S. wants: the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula. He said the differences are the tactics used to achieve that goal but would not elaborate.

www.foxnews.com...

edit on 7-7-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Thats really good news, I'd like to see closer ties with Russia. They aren't the boogeyman the left has made them out to be.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
"So they met for the first time today".....you lost me there mate.
edit on 7-7-2017 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
CNN is focusing on nothing but the Russians tampering in our election. It was the most important part of the Trump-Putin 2hr15min meeting today, according to that terrorist MSM, and Trump wasn't "forceful" enough.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

Well,if your silly enough to believe the msn or
A few are posters,who have fantasized that Vlad and DT are such great comrades(sarcasm).Fact is they never ever met before.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
CNN is focusing on nothing but the Russians tampering in our election. It was the most important part of the Trump-Putin 2hr15min meeting today, according to that terrorist MSM, and Trump wasn't "forceful" enough.

Of course CNN wants war.Discredited dickwads they are.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61

originally posted by: In4ormant

Well,if your silly enough to believe the msn or
A few are posters,who have fantasized that Vlad and DT are such great comrades(sarcasm).Fact is they never ever met before.

"Never ever"
Well that settles it

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Are they really off to a good start? The Russian media is already reporting their meeting differently than Secretary Tillerson described it. Someone is lying.

US, Russia disagree over what Trump and Putin actually said to each other

twitter.com...
edit on 7-7-2017 by windword because: Pic link posted by Dessert

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I don't trust what both camps are saying.The proof,as they say,will be in the pudding.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I just watched this

Putin's body language would suggest he is still very wary of Trump.

Trump is doing what he always does and is talking it up. But Putin definitely looks less impressed. I'd say that despite all of the interference accusations, Russia is still not exactly sure who they are dealing with.

The next step to look for is what Putin has mentioned - the need for further face to face meetings. Then things might defrost a little more from his side.
edit on 7-7-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
it was an awesome start but WHY bring up both countries ethnic demographics..... they discussed what they needed to and they're both superpowers.....including their ethnicity really doesn't have a real point in this thread.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Perhaps it`s a good thing that Russia is`nt exactly sure who they are dealing with?

I really hope the bit about the agreement of a ceasefire is true.

I think more positive came out of their meeting than negative if you ignore any spin.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
But Putin definitely looks less impressed. I'd say that despite all of the interference accusations, Russia is still not exactly sure who they are dealing with.

I say, never underestimate Putin.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I just watched this

Putin's body language would suggest he is still very wary of Trump.

Trump is doing what he always does and is talking it up. But Putin definitely looks less impressed. I'd say that despite all of the interference accusations, Russia is still not exactly sure who they are dealing with.

The next step to look for is what Putin has mentioned - the need for further face to face meetings. Then things might defrost a little more from his side.

nah, putin's thinking how badly trump screwed up with his twitter nonsense. (Mueller IS investigating essentially due to trumps "tapes" tweets. lol)

he's thinking what an idiot..

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
the 2 biggest white people countries.

America is one of the most ethnically diverse nations on the planet. Sure lots of whites walking around here but lots of other colors too.
I'm confused here..
Is that statement some vain attempt at saying a nation made up of predominantly one race and culture is a bad thing? Or just a nation of predominantly white people?
Because if it is you may want to look at the demographics of South Korea and Japan. Then compare that at their global economic standing and try and somehow explain to me how that is negative? I hope you see the corner you just virtue signaled yourself into.

Sorry but the sad truth is ethnic and cultural diversity doesn't promote growth. Not saying we should segregate the planet. But not saying we should just gloss over these facts either. These hard discussions will eventually need to be had no mater how you all try and mental gymnast your way around it...

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

But Putin definitely looks less impressed. I'd say that despite all of the interference accusations, Russia is still not exactly sure who they are dealing with.

I say, never underestimate Trump.

You would think some would have learned this by now.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Putin is used to a "Wussie in Chief" of the US . He is not sure about Trump . For now , taking it very easy.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

I say, never underestimate Trump.

You would think some would have learned this by now.
j

ya, putin's scared of the teenage twitter fool president, that's funny.

underestimate trump? he's the easiest person in the WORLD to trigger. lol

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Isn't that just Putin's normal face? He kind always looks like he's slightly constipated.

originally posted by: MissCoyote
it was an awesome start but WHY bring up both countries ethnic demographics..... they discussed what they needed to and they're both superpowers.....including their ethnicity really doesn't have a real point in this thread.

Sadly true. It seems some people get all triggered if they can't find some way to use the term "White People" in some negative way in EVERY post they make.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Trump likes Russian women, and Putin says that Russian ladies are the best in the business.

Trump knows that the way to the Russian lady's heart is through Putin, so they will be best of friends to the end.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Russian ladies that partied with Trump, on his last visit to Russia, was a gift from Putin himself.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join