It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Killers Rising IQ Score Could Mean His Death

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This reminded me of the short story "Examination Day" by Henry Sleslar. I think it was published in the late 50's in Playboy magazine, but I read it in a genre collection. Excellent story by the way.

Nygdan
Yeah, I understand the theory behind the law, I just don't agree with it. I don't see any reason why old people, young people, retarded people, white people, black people, or any other kind of people should get special treatment under the law.

The only laws worth having apply equally to everyone.

Once again, I think the death penalty is a terrible idea for a number of reasons, however, being unable to exile criminals, it can sometimes seem the only option. I guess society does the best it can.

One has to hope the people who sentence men to die take their job seriously enough. I think they do, for the most part.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
How can there be any doubt that this guy is retarded? No intelligent person would ever pass an IQ test that would lead to his own death.

Not necessarily, given the choice of lethal injection and spending the rest of my natural life in prison, I'd choose lethal injection.

[edit on 8/5/2005 by djohnsto77]

<< 1   >>

join