It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff exposes white, liberal columnist’s traffic stop tale for the lie that it is

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The video is included in the link in the OP, and widely available on any number of non-NY Post sites.

Again, I wasn't serious. I think the whole incident is pretty absurd and I responded with my own absurd remark. I thought that was a bit clearer than it apparently was. Particularly with "pig" in strikethrough (I don't actually refer to cops as "pigs" either unless I'm trying to be funny).

Additionally, your own link to the writer's fictional story includes quotes of himself attempting to lawyer his way out of a simple ticket on the side of the road so I mean....

This really isn't worth all the discussion. I'll withdraw my arguments and concede on all points. Clearly this tip of the evil geriatric liberal rancoteur spear should be run out of town on a rail.

If you need me, I'll be sharpening the tines on my pitchfork.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You are correct ..we lived in Sandy, Oregon for 10 years...ten eyck road...right on the sandy river...home of 25lb. Steelhead and spring chinook!

Lord I miss the mule dear and black tail...damn fine chili!

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Welcome, brother, to the dark side--we've missed you!!

Make sure the pitch is ready on your torch, too. Wouldn't do for it to fizzle out...

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

No worries, I see that you're just taking the piss. I, too, agree that this is a pretty stupid bit of "news" that isn't worth much discussion.

As a personal note, pitchforks are so hipster-trash now. Garden shears is where it's at these days, bud.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Oh noes the left! Take away his free speech and press, then beat him down with authoritative punishment. Woot. Non story here, but any piece is worthy of rejoice if it can be used to bash the 'lefties' i suppose.
edit on 7-7-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Sorry that the truth and someone actually being held accountable for their actions triggered you so much. I thought the story was interesting considering the recent spate of "fake news" claims. And, in this case, it was truly a case of proven fake news reporting and the person who wrote the story was held accountable by his editor.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The U.S. and the world is more conservative than it was in the early 2000's and yet those on the extreme right still think it is the "liberals" that somehow manipulate and guide the major media. Take a look at your major media, nearly all characters nowadays wear a suits and ties, look at the topics on most TV shows and movies, and then compare them with TV shows and movies from the 90s.

We can never be conservative enough for those who wish to turn the U.S. into a monastery or a convent. Most importantly if everyone on earth lived, thought, and acted like the conservatives want, we would not have enough oil, water, food, cars, jobs, or resources to provide even basic needs. What's worse is that they try to control any and all criticism any and all rational debate through organized stalking, through sabotage, through manipulation.

They have had 16 years to shape the world how they want and just take a look at the end results, we have less oil, less money, less democracy, more war, more death, more pollution, more false flag shootings and "terrorist" bombings, less transparency, less freedom of thought, less privacy, and less hope for the future yet, people still blame "liberals". No man blame the bankers, blame the conservatives, blame the oil producers, blame Pope Francis, blame the Aristocrats around the world.

Their ideas don't work, and they will NEVER work.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Older seniors tend to have different perceptions/recollections of events. Add to that the fact that many elderly drivers do not like to admit when they make a mistake on the road and oftentimes become extremely defensive about it and you have a scenario where the telling of the tale though skewed is still not being intentionally skewed. My 94 year old stepdad had his license suspended a few years back after a wreck where his story that he honestly perceived to be true and factual was not the same story as all of the witnesses- including the state trooper who also witnessed it. It took him several months to regain his license but to this day he sticks to his story!

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
a reply to: Krakatoa

Older seniors tend to have different perceptions/recollections of events. Add to that the fact that many elderly drivers do not like to admit when they make a mistake on the road and oftentimes become extremely defensive about it and you have a scenario where the telling of the tale though skewed is still not being intentionally skewed. My 94 year old stepdad had his license suspended a few years back after a wreck where his story that he honestly perceived to be true and factual was not the same story as all of the witnesses- including the state trooper who also witnessed it. It took him several months to regain his license but to this day he sticks to his story!

Is your 94 year old step dad a working reporter/journalist for a news organization? Did his skewed account get published professionally by a news organization? If not, then it is a rather loose association don't you think?

edit on 7/7/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
What's scary is that this man is 85 and still driving....I'm sure his reaction time is the same as it was when he was in his 20's after all he's a liberal.....and they shat don't stank.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
The GUY is 85. His perception of reality MIGHT not be flawless.

That's not an excuse to drum up even more cop hate. YOU should know better..

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   

He is, as he called himself "a liberal, weed smoking and aging hippie"... His mind has never been "flawless".
edit on 9-7-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

He's with it enough to drive and write articles for a newspaper. I work geriatrics, 85 by itself is meaningless.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
It was just some elderly columnist relaying his perception of a traffic stop where he thought the cops could have cut him some slack but were dicks.

I don't think the officer was being dickish, if anything he was being the dick for saying what he did was acceptable. He should have been a bit more moderated and perhaps he would not have gotten a citation.

Works for me. That and the Masonic High Sign.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join