It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff exposes white, liberal columnist’s traffic stop tale for the lie that it is

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Sheriff exposes white, liberal columnist’s traffic stop tale for the lie that it is
From the article:

Boone County Sheriff Dwayne Carey has refuted a June 30 opinion column by longtime Columbia Daily Tribune columnist Bill Clark, who was stopped 10 days earlier for failing to use his turn signal. Clark, an 84-year-old white man, suggested in the column that he might’ve been pulled over because of his “liberal bumper stickers,” an obvious sign of an “aging hippie with a weed habit,” he claimed.

“I’m lucky I didn’t get shot,” Clark wrote. “Sirens wailed and when I stopped, two officers were out of the sheriff’s vehicle. When I reached over to turn off the radio and then take my wallet out of my pocket to produce the driver’s license and insurance card, I realized my hands were not at the top of my steering wheel. Danger lurked and official arrogance was to follow.”

Oh, but, there was a dashcam video that presented an entirely different tale (i.e. the truth).

But a review of dashcam video told a different story, according to Carey, who contacted the newspaper’s managing editor, Charles Westmoreland, to disagree with Clark’s version of events. Carey also released the 11-minute video and penned an 1,800-word response to Clark’s column, blasting it as “sensationalism” and disputed the claims of “arrogance” on behalf of the deputies.

“In his column he indicates, ‘I’m lucky I didn’t get shot,’” Carey wrote. “There is never a weapon drawn, the deputies don’t take a position of cover, there are no loud verbal commands, no panic or anything else for that matter by the deputies. Would you agree this is sensationalism at its best? I say yes!”

More intentional liberal "fake news"? At least this reporter was called out, and found to be lying about his encounter. He also paid the price for those lies.

Meanwhile, the newspaper’s managing editor said in a response published Thursday that Clark has been suspended indefinitely and his column won’t appear again until further review.

“In the video I saw two professional deputies performing their job by the book, and a somewhat confused and irritated motorist, unaware of what he had done to draw the attention of local law enforcement,” Westmoreland wrote. “It certainly wasn’t worth writing a scathing column about, and the Tribune should not have published it. For that I apologize to the Boone County Sheriff’s Department and readers who feel they were misled by Clark’s column.”

I also extend kudo's to the news editor for taking this head on disciplining the reporter, and issuing a full apology.

Too bad the MSM cannot learn from this small outlets example of how it's done correctly.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The GUY is 85. His perception of reality MIGHT not be flawless.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm lost, here. Which bit of the column is meant to be untrue? I can't see any contradiction between the two versions of events (the driver's, and the dashcam). If anything, the sheriff appears to be saying that the problem was that it wasn't worth writing a column about, not that the column was a fabrication.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Liberal. Fake news. Fake news. Cnn. Fake news.

-ATS 2017

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
Which bit of the column is meant to be untrue?

This part:

...suggested in the column that he might’ve been pulled over because of his “liberal bumper stickers,”...

He admitted in the dash cam video that he did in fact not use his turn signal which is what the Sheriff states in her explanation to him why she pulled him over.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I always said liberal mentality is a form of a sick personality. Anytime I'm driving down the road and there's a car covered in bumper stickers, always a leftist loon. PS usually in a Prius or Subaru!

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

Add to that he's not only 85, but no doubt saturates himself in the acidic stench of modern social media liberalism.

He probably shouldn't even be driving.
edit on 7-7-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I'm kinda thinking that the 84 year old white guy experienced the thrill of his life! I believe it might have been real for him, but just another stop of an elderly driver for the cops. I doubt the bumper sticker had anything to do with it, nor did the cops think an 84 year old was driving around high on weed, LOL, but maybe he was!

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
I always said liberal mentality is a form of a sick personality. Anytime I'm driving down the road and there's a car covered in bumper stickers, always a leftist loon. PS usually in a Prius or Subaru!

And you would be wrong, only seeing the world through your own personal slant.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Liberal. Fake news. Fake news. Cnn. Fake news.

-ATS 2017

CNN = VERY fake news.

link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

Sounds like great qualifications for a journalist.

+3 more 
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Nope. It was a hit piece from a liberal minded journalist who abused his position in order to try and smear the sheriffs department.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargamel

Nope. It was a hit piece from a liberal minded journalist who abused his position in order to try and smear the sheriffs department.

I just want to stop and say I want to play with your avatar.

I won't, but, I want to.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

"Suggested that he might have" doesn't sound exactly like he told an outright untruth. But I take your point.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
"Suggested that he might have" doesn't sound exactly like he told an outright untruth. But I take your point.

If you watch the dash cam video it isn't even a remote possibility since he admitted to it several times.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I won't, but, I want to.

What's your pleasure sir!

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I don't see any contradiction there. But this is getting very nit-picky, so I'll retire here.

link   

Bollocks
If he is coherent enough to pen an article...hes in complete control of his mental faculties. Leftists like this are the real bullies at any age.

It would of thrilled this guy to get disciplinary actions against the innocent sherrifs. He should lose his press credentials.

link   

I won't, but, I want to.

What's your pleasure sir!

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

so you think that being 85 is to old to drive , it is the younger drivers that have the most accidents and exhibit bad driving .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join