It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a possible answer to ats political problem

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
There used to be:

Above Top Secret
Above Politics
Below Top Secret

They were very separate. And it was clunky to deal with. And the bottom two got ignored it always seemed to me. Then they merged them (where they're merged in real life anyways). And now it isnt a hassle to see everything going on on the Above Network.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
a reply to: Jefferton

you are right again,like 50% of the posts are useless jokes

So you want a UFO/paranormal type site with absolutely NO sense of humor?

Sounds very niche to me.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The thing people must realize is we are currently in the midst of a culture war that started because of a divide and lack of discussion across that divide. This isn't a battle of left vs right political ideologies but of:
Individualist vs Collectivists
Libertarian vs Authoritarian
Equality of Opportunity vs Equality of Outcome

You can always avoid the mud-pit...
Trying to put a lid on this or shy away will not help. This is a band-aid situation and we are currently in the process of ripping it off. There is literally decades of transgressions that modern liberalism must account for. Not liberals as people but as an ideology. This will take a bit to untangle...

Liberals in general must look inside and ask:
"Is the line I'm towing beneficial or the greater good?"
It's either this or the alternative and we let the extremist's on both sides have their civil war.

I believe ATS will eventually go back to it's glory days. Minus the pejoratives and straw-men. We just need to let this deconstruction and rebuilding of liberalism happen naturally.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

While it may be a bigger issue in regards to the political scene, it has always been an issue even in regards to the non-conventional discussions as well. I enjoy going back and reading old threads and see much discord between Believers and the Skeptics. The solution is for every one to remain civil and keep discussing all of our interests.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

how can i ignore the fact the political forums get all the love while the good ones have very sparse thread posting?

Members post wherever their mood takes them. Politics is very popular so most posts are political.

i propose a solution that likely none thought before to this problem: divide ats into two sites

ATS has been divided into two sections for many years. There was ATS and BTS which have since become ATS for the serious side and Off-Topic for more laid back and conversational topics. There's also disinfo.com which offers a third site for topics that don't suit the main two sections. There are over 100 forums across the three sections.

OP has been answered by staff and members. Thread closed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join