It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polish president knocks 'fake news' over wife's Trump handshake

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: UKTruth

But was it CNN that did this or just someone that works for CNN on his private twitter

There is a difference.....

I'm not a fan of CNN I can't even tell you the last time I watched them,however in the interest of objectivity I think outlining the difference here is pertinent....

That is a good point. I think CNN is the sum of it's reporters and support teams.
It's surprising, in the wake of the ****storm about reporting, that a news organisation would not be ensuring standards. Even if there was not a focus on fake news reporting I would have thought those standards would be clearly communicated.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: UKTruth

A CNN journalist retweeted a video that showed an edited video to make it look as though there was no handshake. The rather ridiculous 'OHMYGOD' schoolgirl tweet by a supposed journalist is obvious in it's intent.

And all he said was Ohmygod, over and over. That only implies shock, not intent on pushing a false narrative.

So, no, it's not my claim. CNN decided to spread this fake news and they have been caught once again.

Again, false. The Polish President does not reference CNN and CNN did not claim no handshake took place.

Like I said , CNN tried to spread fake news and the Polish President called out the fake news for what it was.

Like I sad, show me where CNN pushed fake news on this case. Simple request. Where did they say no handshake took place or where Cillizza claimed the First Lady would not shake Trump's hand.

I already did - fake news was posted on Twitter. A CNN journalist pushed it. Fake News comes in more forms than words. The President of Poland viewed it as fake news too.

Your obfuscating again.
edit on 7/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Everyone knows the intent of these tweets and stories., discredit trump and show how world leaders dont respect him.

Why else would he say omg and post a link?

edit on 7-7-2017 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

A CNN journalist retweeted a video that showed an edited video to make it look as though there was no handshake. The rather ridiculous 'OHMYGOD' schoolgirl tweet by a supposed journalist is obvious in it's intent.

And all he said was Ohmygod, over and over. That only implies shock, not intent on pushing a false narrative.

So, no, it's not my claim. CNN decided to spread this fake news and they have been caught once again.

Again, false. The Polish President does not reference CNN and CNN did not claim no handshake took place.

Like I said , CNN tried to spread fake news and the Polish President called out the fake news for what it was.

Like I sad, show me where CNN pushed fake news on this case. Simple request. Where did they say no handshake took place or where Cillizza claimed the First Lady would not shake Trump's hand.

I already did - fake news was posted on Twitter. A CNN journalist pushed it. Fake News comes in more forms than words. The President of Poland viewed it as fake news too.

Your obfuscating again.

Well, I would say that you are stretching it a bit, but that would be false. You are actually making # up.

Nothing fake was posted on twitter and CNN, nor any of it's employees, expressed or implied the First Lady did not shake Trump's hand.

You literally made up your own fake news.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Your obfuscating again.

Well, I would say that you are stretching it a bit, but that would be false. You are actually making # up.

Nothing fake was posted on twitter and CNN, nor any of it's employees, expressed or implied the First Lady did not shake Trump's hand.

Take it up with the President of Poland.

Contrary to some surprising reports my wife did shake hands with Mrs. and Mr. Trump @POTUS after a great visit. Let's FIGHT FAKE NEWS,

Which part of that tweet is confusing to you - he is clearly saying that reports were wrong that his wife did not shake Trumps hand and he clearly views those reports as fake news.

Are you saying I am making up his tweet?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: introvert

Everyone knows the intent of these tweets and stories., discredit trump and show now world leader respects him.

That's a logical fallacy.

Why else would he say omg and post a link?

Because the Polish first lady does pass over Trump's hand and goes to Melania. She then shakes Trump's hand. Lot's of news outlets reported on it and it's not fake news.

It actually happened.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Your obfuscating again.

The President did not claim CNN pushed a fake story. You did.

Again, you made up fake news.

Poor form.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
At least they do a good job now, with faking news.

The video looks freaking real:
Trump in Poland

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

But was it CNN that did this or just someone that works for CNN on his private twitter

There is a difference.....

I'm not a fan of CNN I can't even tell you the last time I watched them,however in the interest of objectivity I think outlining the difference here is pertinent....

That is a good point. I think CNN is the sum of it's reporters and support teams.
It's surprising, in the wake of the ****storm about reporting, that a news organisation would not be ensuring standards. Even if there was not a focus on fake news reporting I would have thought those standards would be clearly communicated.

I can understand that assessment. And I'm as dumbfounded as you that they wouldn't reel in their people a little more to be a bit more discerning on what they Say or how they frame things
edit on 7/7/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
If you genuinely think that by posting oh my god several times whilst linking a fake video is not pushing a false narrative then I don't think anyone should bother with trying to convince you otherwise, as it would be a waste of there time and a time they will never get back. a reply to: introvert

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Your obfuscating again.

The President did not claim CNN pushed a fake story. You did.

Again, you made up fake news.

Poor form.

Nope. The President of Poland clearly stated that reports that there was no handshake were incorrect and that we should fight fake news. Contrary to your poor attempt to make this about me, this is being reported in the news outlets linked and in the words of the President of Poland himself.

That a CNN journalist pushed the fakery is beyond question.

Your continued obfuscation whenever your main source of inspiration - CNN - is called out is both obvious and amusing.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I can understand that assessment. And I'm as dumbfounded as you that they wouldn't reel in their people a little more to be a bit more discerning on what they go public with

I'm not.

When companies of that size implode it is due to poor management/leadership. They need to make a change to restore order and what semblance of credibility they hope to retain.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CuriousPaddy
If you genuinely think that by posting oh my god several times whilst linking a fake video is not pushing a false narrative then I don't think anyone should bother with trying to convince you otherwise, as it would be a waste of there time and a time they will never get back. a reply to: introvert

The video is not fake.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

The video is not fake.

The narrative it is pushing is fake, which is what CNN tried to pass on and what the President of Poland was correcting.

link   

How does this even make any sense? Whoever started this rumor had to know how quickly and easily it would be disproven... and in this day of hyper-alertness to fake news... so why even go there and make yourself look like a fool???

As for Mr. Cillizza -- ohmygodohmygodohmygod!!! -- is he trying to do his bestest teenage girl impression? This guy's supposed to be a serious journalist and he thought that was an appropriate expression of thought???

I'm gobsmacked here. This is just crazy talk. All of it.

link   
What does the video portray and what is its headline ? a reply to: introvert

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Nope. The President of Poland clearly stated that reports that there was no handshake were incorrect and that we should fight fake news. Contrary to your poor attempt to make this about me, this is being reported in the news outlets linked and in the words of the President of Poland himself.

And I've asked you t oshow me where CNN has reported there was no handshake.

Please provide that link.

Your continued obfuscation whenever your main source of inspiration - CNN - is called out is both obvious and amusing.

Unless you can provide a link or quote, it appears you are lying.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Can you provide the tweet where he made the claim the Polish First Lady would not shake his hand?

They clearly edit the video to stop it before she shakes Trumps hand, definitely fake news. All the tweets on the video love her for dissing Trump .. when she never did.

#FakeNewsNetwork

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

The video is not fake.

The narrative it is pushing is fake, which is what CNN tried to pass on and what the President of Poland was correcting.

OMG repeatedly is a narrative?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

What does the video portray and what is its headline ? a reply to: introvert

The video portrays the First lady of Poland passing over Trump's initial handshake.

Which she did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join