It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polish president knocks 'fake news' over wife's Trump handshake

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The Polish President has joined the fight against Fake News - targeting CNN's latest fake news attempt to drive a narrative.

thehill.com...

CNN have been caught again.

Their correspondent Chris Cillizza retweeted an edited video to claim that the Polish First Lady would not shake Trump's hand.
twitter.com...

NBC News Editor Brad Jaffy was quick to debunk the fake news, perhaps in an effort to distance themselves from the fakery of CNN.

..and then the knockout blow to CNN...

Polish President Andrzej Duda took issue with chatter about the apparent snub Thursday evening by citing a favorite phrase of Trump's. "Contrary to some surprising reports my wife did shake hands with Mrs. and Mr. Trump @POTUS after a great visit. Let's FIGHT FAKE NEWS," he posted on Twitter.

twitter.com...

edit on 7/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Hahaha

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Their correspondent Chris Cillizza retweeted an edited a video to claim that the Polish First Lady would not shake Trump's hand.

Can you provide the tweet where he made the claim the Polish First Lady would not shake his hand?

I don't think this is a big deal, but she clearly passed over Trump's handshake and went to Melania. As is custom in Poland. You don't offer your hand to a lady. She offers it to you.
edit on 7-7-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Their correspondent Chris Cillizza retweeted an edited a video to claim that the Polish First Lady would not shake Trump's hand.

Can you provide the tweet where he made the claim the Polish First Lady would not shake his hand?

I don't think this is a big deal, but she clearly passed over Trump's handshake and went to Melania. As is custom in Poland. You don't over your hand to a lady. She offers it to you.

Your question should be directed at the Polish President and the other journalists who have called out the fakery.

+25 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I'm embarrassed for America that CNN is based here.

But on the plus side, I think it's only a matter of time now before they completely collapse under the weight of their partisan fantasies.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

CNN is reporting that she did in fact spit in Melania's borscht.

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

CNN is reporting that she did in fact spit in Melania's borscht.

I am waiting to see if CNN are going to track down the creator of the edited video clip to blackmail them into shutting up.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I really can't wait until people get over this obsession with saying 'fake news'. Makes me nauseous.
edit on 7-7-2017 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Ugh this non issue crap all over the news is exactly why the elites can get away with anything ....

The world populace as a whole is getting increasingly easier to distract , and the intellect level seems to be dropping....

I'm well known here on ATS as a vocal non supporter of Trump, but even I can see this wasn't a snub by her....

Crying out loud .....

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I am waiting to see if CNN are going to track down the creator of the edited video clip to blackmail them into shutting up.

I don't have a horse in this ess show but something about how CNN is melting down makes me all hot and bothered.

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Good to see some World Leaders "Getting It" about the fake news syndrome.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I don't think this is a big deal, but she clearly passed over Trump's handshake and went to Melania. As is custom in Poland. You don't over your hand to a lady. She offers it to you.

Your question should be directed at the Polish President and the other journalists who have called out the fakery.

THe Polish president did not make the claim that "Chris Cillizza retweeted an edited a video to claim that the Polish First Lady would not shake Trump's hand".

You did.

Please provide that proof. I do not see where Cillizza or CNN made any such claim.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Good to see some World Leaders "Getting It" about the fake news syndrome.

Agreed. I am now waiting to see if CNN also attack the Polish President for putting journalists at risk or trying to destroy the free press. My guess is, they won't - neither of those issues are real, they just want to bash Trump and drive false narratives.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Ugh this non issue crap all over the news is exactly why the elites can get away with anything ....

The world populace as a whole is getting increasingly easier to distract , and the intellect level seems to be dropping....

I'm well known here on ATS as a vocal non supporter of Trump, but even I can see this wasn't a snub by her....

Crying out loud .....

I agree. No big deal here. She does pass over Trump's handshake, but only out of custom and she still shakes his hand.

Trump took it well.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I am now waiting to see if CNN also attack the Polish President for putting journalists at risk...

We can always photo shop Ivan Putski's head onto the Polish President and let him and Trump tag team CNN.

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

THe Polish president did not make the claim that "Chris Cillizza retweeted an edited a video to claim that the Polish First Lady would not shake Trump's hand".

You did.

Please provide that proof. I do not see where Cillizza or CNN made any such claim.

A CNN journalist retweeted an edited video to make it look as though there was no handshake.

The rather ridiculous 'OHMYGOD' schoolgirl tweet by a supposed journalist is obvious in it's intent.

As per the T*C's of this site - I am referencing content in a linked article - in this case by The Hill, which states:

Poland's President Andrzej Duda ripped "fake news" reports that his wife snubbed President Trump for a handshake during Trump's visit to Poland on Thursday.

So, no, it's not my claim.

And, yes, the Polish President is now ripping the fake news that CNN tried to spread.

CNN decided to spread this fake news and they have been caught once again.

edit on 7/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

A CNN journalist retweeted a video that showed an edited video to make it look as though there was no handshake. The rather ridiculous 'OHMYGOD' schoolgirl tweet by a supposed journalist is obvious in it's intent.

And all he said was Ohmygod, over and over. That only implies shock, not intent on pushing a false narrative.

So, no, it's not my claim. CNN decided to spread this fake news and they have been caught once again.

Again, false. The Polish President does not reference CNN and CNN did not claim no handshake took place.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

But was it CNN that did this or just someone that works for CNN on his private twitter

There is a difference.....

I'm not a fan of CNN I can't even tell you the last time I watched them,however in the interest of objectivity I think outlining the difference here is pertinent....

edit on 7/7/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

A CNN journalist retweeted a video that showed an edited video to make it look as though there was no handshake. The rather ridiculous 'OHMYGOD' schoolgirl tweet by a supposed journalist is obvious in it's intent.

And all he said was Ohmygod, over and over. That only implies shock, not intent on pushing a false narrative.

So, no, it's not my claim. CNN decided to spread this fake news and they have been caught once again.

Again, false. The Polish President does not reference CNN and CNN did not claim no handshake took place.

Like I said , CNN tried to spread fake news and the Polish President called out the fake news for what it was.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Like I said , CNN tried to spread fake news and the Polish President called out the fake news for what it was.

Like I sad, show me where CNN pushed fake news on this case. Simple request. Where did they say no handshake took place or where Cillizza claimed the First Lady would not shake Trump's hand.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join