It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare repeal would fire 2.6 million government employees

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Just in case anyone here actually gives a rat's ass about facts:

President Obama will set a record for the size of the basic federal workforce, leaving office with more than 1.4 million people collecting government salaries in the civilian agencies in 2017, according to the budget he delivered to Congress on Tuesday.
It’s a 10 percent jump from the time he took office in 2009 but less than the 17 percent hike under his Republican predecessor, President George W. Bush.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

2.6 million?
It takes two million workers to insure "twenty"two million people, that's government efficiency.

2 to 22..
10 to 1 ratio..

edit on 7-7-2017 by Bluntone22 because: Left off da twenty

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Is there two million left?

Maybe I should take up the medicine man profession might be good money after Obama no care collapses

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: rexsblues

The government employees will literally crash the entire country to protect their jobs and bennies

Its happening in my town right now and my taxes go up every year

Again, the real reason for their resistance to the new administration.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

originally posted by: darepairman
a reply to: jtma508
That number sounds really inflated but it dosent take away the fact that a sledge hammer was taken to the health care system.

Definitely. Let's just push aside the entire premise of the post. What a shockingly small number of you get is that the healthcare system --- most especially the hospitals --- have been failing at an increasingly alarming rate for over a decade due to ever increasing levels of unpaid services. ACA, though admittedly flawed, was an attempt to salvage our healthcare system before it imploded. But none of you will get that until it actually hits you personally. Until you have to drive for 2hrs in the middle of the night with your gravely ill child in order to get to the nearest ER.

That's only an extra half hour for me. Much cheaper than O'care!

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

Hard to fathom wonder if that can be backed up

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
This is a perfect illustration of the pro-right level of ignorance. Ignore the facts laid-out right in front of you so you can continue your political circle-jerk. No credibility in the lot of you. And you wonder why the other side thinks you're all deluded. Case in point.

MODS: Shouldn't this be dumped in the Hoax Bin?

edit on 7-7-2017 by jtma508 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Nahhh, we are discussing our own personal experience with obamanocare

I already stated that rawstory is nonsense

Are you having a hissy fit
edit on 7-7-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Anything from raw story should be in the hoax bin.
And Bloomberg
Washington post
Infowars
edit on 7-7-2017 by Bluntone22 because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Yea but you see, there's a strategy here. You know when an attorney makes a knowingly false statement in front of a jury and the judge instructs the jury to disregard it? Well they can't 'un-hear' what was said. It stays. Read Trump's book --- he knows this. And by keeping the thread title up, countless brain-dead political zombies will be quoting the title as fact for months. That is the intent. The people who crafted this story knew it was BS. A 5sec google search would prove that. But they knew there would be an army of political trolls out there to perpetuate it. Like 'death panels' and a slew of other political propaganda. It's how the 'game' is played. And you are just another pawn.

And a 'hissy fit'? No. But I strenuously object to the posting of known factually incorrect information --- by anyone --- in an attempt to manipulate people.

edit on 7-7-2017 by jtma508 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

The 2.6 million might be high, but I am sure the number is very, very high. Think about the bureaucracy needed to run the ACA functionality, let alone the drone workers. Besides federal, some states also have their own marketplace.

They need people to run the web site, people to service the equipment running the web sites, people to be bosses of those people, people to be support staff for those people.

They need people to process the applications, people to service the equipment for people processing the applications, people to be bosses of those people, people to be support staff for those people.

They increased staff at the IRS to handle the mandates.

They need bureaucrats to oversee the whole mess. They need a staff of lawyers, and their support staff.

They have contracts with many other companies to support the system, so although they might not be on the official government employee roles, it results in more spending.

They need all of this at the federal and state levels.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

So? They get paid with money taken out of my paycheck.

Let them get jobs in the private sector and then they can pay taxes that aren't taxes on someone else's taxes.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

This is a perfect illustration of the pro-right level of ignorance. Ignore the facts laid-out right in front of you so you can continue your political circle-jerk. No credibility in the lot of you. And you wonder why the other side thinks you're all deluded. Case in point.

MODS: Shouldn't this be dumped in the Hoax Bin?

[/quote
You know the only reference I made to the article numbers is to say it seemed inflated, that doesn't take away from the fact that health care is a disaster. If you really want to place blame put it on the over priced medical care and all the people leaching off of the system.
Not to derail but in 01 my father had an anyurism, the surgen charged 16K for less than 4 hours of work and we still lost him. When we got the bill he charged 16K twice I questioned this I found out he had a student in the room and charged 16K for him also, the insurance company told me they always do this and it is negotiated down. now tell me they arnt playing the system too and are part of the problem.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Please....2.6 million government people are needed to work on that steaming pile of sh*t?
That's almost as stupid as the $2 billion price tag for the fantastic ACA website.

www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Who is deluded and has no credibility?
That's rich.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Same old song and dance from that side, refer to folks as deluted, ignorant, on and on

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
And meanwhile - my company and many, many others are not hiring new full time employees because the cost of health care is too high for each position.

There was a time when our company offered free health care. Now the costs are so high that even with a large employee paid co-pay out of our salaries, the company's costs are skyrocketing every year. And the quality of our employer coverage keeps going down. I can no longer afford a prescription that costs hundreds per month and used to cost $30 per month before Obamacare added burdens.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I am with ya there sister

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Oh for crying out loud. You do not get it, do you?

Your healthcare is only expensive, because the companies who provide it and the ridiculous insurance schemes that come with it, ARE RIPPING YOU OFF TO THE TUNE OF HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF PERCENT!

It does NOT cost tens of thousands of dollars to do simple surgery, nor hundreds of thousands to successfully bring a difficult birth to a conclusion, nor millions of dollars to treat a cancer. It costs small portions of those amounts, next to nothing compared with what your insurers and your private clinics will try to charge you.

You would not be paying such ridiculous prices, if your healthcare system, every doctor, nurse, porter, medical supply company, everyone in that system, was a direct employee of the government, whose services were paid for by taxation, as they bloody well ought to be.

It simply would not be happening. And yet there you all are, lying to yourselves and accepting the lies you are told to the contrary. Seriously, either pay for it by taxation, or get screwed, those ARE the only available options.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Can you show me the paragraph in your article that says they are government jobs. I didn't read it.

From article you reference:

"This would not only reduce jobs in the healthcare sector but would have repercussions in multiple sectors of state economies.

Almost all of the jobs lost are in the private sector. Almost a million (912,000) are in health care, while the remaining two-thirds are in other industries, including construction, real estate, retail trade, finance and insurance, the study stated."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join