It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

User posting limit based on time on site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I'm not going to sit here and act like some veteran.

But maybe a time period of being a member and comments factoring in how frequent you can make threads?

I've seen a lot of new members not delving in before just spamming new awful threads.

I'm all for diversity of ideas and theology, but making half ass threads with sine biased source seems to be the norm.

Maybe this should be a rant, but a suggestion none the less.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
I thought there was a minimum post count isn't there?? Is that not good enough?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Use the report function.

They are typically banned fairly quick.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Use the report function.

Thanks, I don't mean to sound high horsey over here. I've just been disheartened by the frequency and ignorant vitriol of clear one sided spammers recently.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

If you consider "lately" to be about four or five years, I agree.

edit on 7/7/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

If you consider "lately" to be about four or five years, I agree.

Woof. It's a reflection of society, not any particular gathering place for ideas.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Ever since that little birdy thingy and that f thingy showed up. That's when the hit and run threads began to proliferate.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Star-Hunters
Period.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I've noticed this off and on over the past couple years... a user with only a handful of comments to their name will post 3 or 4 threads back to back, soon after the threads are wiped, I suppose by a mod.
edit on 7-7-2017 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
this past week and a bit, there has been either a single or a crew of dunces.

Mr ~ comes soon, with hope, when you sense their presence.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Ummm...are you a moth...?

Are these threads your...candle flame...?

I simply practice the tried and true method...of not clicking on those threads which I have no interest in...beyond that...why...I've also learned which members actually wish to have a real conversation and which do not...

I must say though that the members that actually want to converse are few and far between...but that's OK...ATS is chock full of clique bait...It's actually fun to watch the fawning...

I have made some friends here...or rather...there are people that I respect for their intellect and discernment and some just for their nature...but at the end of the day...If I have to care enough to actually report on somebody...simply because I want to silence their opinion...then perhaps I've been here overlong and it's time to take a break...or get a new hobby...

It's just a hobby dude...a way to waste some precious time...if your looking for more than that...why...that's three doors down...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I think what's meant here is a person makes the minimum.... and start spitting out threads. They treat ATS like other sites where that's acceptable.

They join, don't read Terms and Conditions, or how to's on threads, credits, uploads and hoax sites and banned topics... let alone decorum. This site is very different.

I used to think the overthreaders and commentators we just over anxious teenagers freshly discovering us... But sadly? It is not....

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I think we need to remove the star and flag option. Some members are so about S&F it's like they are making a living off of it. Like these worthless youtubers.

"Do I make one well wrote out thread for 20 flags. Or 20 half ass threads for one flag a piece.?"

I remember the old days where you have better come correct in a thread or your reputation was destroyed. There were actual debates and not this poop flinging we are doing now. Used to learn things from this site. We would come together and figure out answers.

Now. Everyone wants their three cents with their two cents.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ConscienceZombie

Here is my oversimplified observation.

Your observations are true but indicative of forum degradation manifest across the Internet. When forums first came on-line and people began to discover them they were genuine and more well thought out threads, comments, etc.

Then one day people realized they could be rude and impolite and wouldn't suffer repercussions because they were anon. So rules had to be established. The on-line community then began to change over the years. They became desensitized and the threshold for what was appropriate and what was not began to extend further and further. Fast forward to present day and we are where we are.

Unless firms rules are put into place and enforced then a forum will ultimately degrade into low quality content. The forum owners are between a rock and a hard place. On the one hand they want subscribership as high as possible. However, if they are too strict then they lose subscribership. The other side of that coin is if they do not enforce a strict policy then quality content providers leave which is what originally brought the subscribership to the forum in the first place.

ATS has done a better job than most over the years. Convergent evolution is important for growth and adaptation.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Some folks to come to ATS to spam threads.
Some folks are new to forums like ATS.

If you see an OP that is truly lacking....please send an alert to staff.

FTR....IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
Some folks to come to ATS to spam threads.
Some folks are new to forums like ATS.

If you see an OP that is truly lacking....please send an alert to staff.

FTR....IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

Been on that thanks.🤗
But I'm limited to alerts, and I have a ton of cookies.
So I pm a mod directly. 🤗👍

I feel like a Stool Pigion on the watch..😆

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I prefer to think of it as keeping the "streets" of ATS civil and thought-provoking......and not being a stool

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Social media has allowed people to show their true self. A lot of it isn't pretty.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Use the report function.

I was just thinking about all the new names being banned the last couple weeks.

Sometimes 2 or 3 in 1 thread.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

top topics

join