It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitch McConnell Says That If Repeal Fails - TaxPayers Will Need To RESCUE ObamaCare.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Thursday July 27, 2017 10:35pm CDT

OK. The moment has arrived. LATE Tonight, Senators will be voting on a "skinny" repeal of ObamaCare. If it passes, and is signed into law, after the House adds it's amendments, the Affordable Care Act will be replaced by the HEALTH CARE FREEDOM ACT.

Written Analysis of bill: healthaffairs.org...

Text of just released bill: www.budget.senate.gov...

-cwm

Let's hope!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
a reply to: carewemust

Well,it looks like it's over before it started:
www.bloomberg.com...

GOP Senators Susan Collins, Shelley Moore Capito and Lisa Murkowski said Tuesday they’ll oppose a repeal of the Affordable Care Act. McConnell said late Monday the Senate would vote on a repeal with a two-year delay to give Congress time to agree on a replacement, but he could afford to lose no more than two Republican votes to advance the measure.

"There’s enough chaos and uncertainty already and this would just contribute to it," Murkowski told reporters. She said she wants a fix that would stabilize individual insurance markets and leave Medicaid unchanged, and that lawmakers should work on a bipartisan measure in committee.

You can't even come up with a half-a$$ed bill to begin with!?What a bunch of morons.Talk about the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

What traitors to liberty.

You're referencing a post from July 18th, Throes. That was 3 repeal bills ago. The Senate doesn't get much done, but it spins it's wheels very fast!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

the bill wasn't made available to most of the members till around 9:30 pm...
the whole thing is a sham as far I'm concerned.

edit on 27-7-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Thursday July 27, 2017 10:35pm CDT

OK. The moment has arrived. LATE Tonight, Senators will be voting on a "skinny" repeal of ObamaCare. If it passes, and is signed into law, after the House adds it's amendments, the Affordable Care Act will be replaced by the HEALTH CARE FREEDOM ACT.

Written Analysis of bill: healthaffairs.org...

Text of just released bill: www.budget.senate.gov...

-cwm

Let's hope!

Literally, what this "skinny" bill being voted on tonight does, is pull the life-support from dying ObamaCare.

What the Senate is HOPING, is that the House will construct a safety-net to catch those who are undergoing medical treatments, who will be left without insurance on 12.31.2017. There will be a couple million people in that category.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

the bill wasn't made available to most of the members till around 9:30 pm...
the whole thing is a sham as far I'm concerned.

It was built by voting on amendment after amendment. What you see in this skinny bill is a culmination of the only amendments to pass during the Senate's vote-o-rama today.

The larger, complete bills voted on yesterday (Wednesday) didn't get enough votes to pass. So they take pieces of those bills, and vote on them, one by one. What you see tonight is the result.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

don't think so...
but who knows...
unless you are talking about amendments to the house bill...
then maybe.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

don't think so...
but who knows...
unless you are talking about amendments to the house bill...
then maybe.

What I hate seeing is how all the bills give the states the opportunity to comply, or not comply with the ObamaCare mandates on coverages policies have today.

The states that stick with the current system will have sky-high premiums for everyone. (Most of your typical liberal states will fall into this category.)

Giving states this authority will make for a patch-work of crazy state-to-state variances in coverage choices/no-choices and in premiums!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle

Well,it looks like it's over before it started:
www.bloomberg.com...

GOP Senators Susan Collins, Shelley Moore Capito and Lisa Murkowski said Tuesday they’ll oppose a repeal of the Affordable Care Act. McConnell said late Monday the Senate would vote on a repeal with a two-year delay to give Congress time to agree on a replacement, but he could afford to lose no more than two Republican votes to advance the measure.

"There’s enough chaos and uncertainty already and this would just contribute to it," Murkowski told reporters. She said she wants a fix that would stabilize individual insurance markets and leave Medicaid unchanged, and that lawmakers should work on a bipartisan measure in committee.

You can't even come up with a half-a$$ed bill to begin with!?What a bunch of morons.Talk about the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

What traitors to liberty.

You're referencing a post from July 18th, Throes. That was 3 repeal bills ago. The Senate doesn't get much done, but it spins it's wheels very fast!

Yeah, sorry. Skinny seems like a step in the right direction but not a "final" solution.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

don't ask me, the only thing I am sure of that anyone who finds themselves in the same position as I was, recently widowed, unofficially disabled, with no income whatsoever, still won't be found worthy enough to get any help getting the healthcare they need...
watching this fiasco just irratates the heck out of me!!

edit on 27-7-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

don't ask me, the only thing I am sure of that anyone who finds themselves in the same position as I was, recently widowed, unofficially disabled, with no income whatsoever, still won't be found worthy enough to get any help getting the healthcare they need...
watching this fiasco just irratates the heck out of me!!

Due to such a narrow margin of Republicans in the Senate, it will be a combo of Republicans and Democrats that flesh out the final legislation. I truly believe that you will be taken care of properly DawnStar.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

I don't....

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

I don't....

From your link...

"Thursday night, Speaker Paul Ryan indicated he would be willing to enter into a conference with the Senate in order to negotiate a more favorable healthcare reform bill. That process could take weeks and would likely require talks past the August recess."

This is what's important. In "conference", Democrats and Republicans work together to hammer out a final bill. That's why I started this thread. It was obvious that the Repeal-Replace process would come to this.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

didn't much like the house bills either, adding them to the mix isn't gonna help much I don't think...

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Since all Republican efforts to Repeal ObamaCare have failed, their only remaining options are to either Fix it, or let it finish collapsing. Fixing ObamaCare would bring Bi-Partisan support to its rescue. But Republicans McConnell and Ryan hate the name like they hated that President.

Which do you think will happen?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

nothing?? they won't be able to get their crap together enough to do anything?
at least till the whole system crashes, then well, they will learn to work together rebuilding...

heck, what I'd like to see happen is for them to get together and come up with a new plan, before they even talk about getting rid of obama care. I don't care what they call the danged thing or who gets credit for it, or who's feelings get hurt.. just come up with something that
has something in it that forces costs down and
enables everyone to get treatment and preventive care they need

the republicans will now say that they tried to fix it, but did they really? it sounds like 10 or so people in a back room played a role in forming the legislation while the rest had no idea what was going on. maybe some of those that were left out had some great ideas, but well, so what..
the goal wasn't so much to solve any problems in the healthcare system as it was to deliver a promise to their constituents, repeal obamacare..
it seems that that was all they cared about repealing obamacare, damned the consequences!!

next time, maybe they will take the time and allow all to participate, and we might get something decent enough to warrant spending this much time on!

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Sunday, July 30, 2017

HHS Secretary TOM PRICE said today that President Trump is not going to allow ObamaCare to implode.

abcnews.go.com...

I suppose the President is just playing poker, and he's bluffing? Tom Price will be in the President's dog house for saying this.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
July 31, 2017

All the Republican old-timers in Washington's sewer are starting to give-in to Democrat demands.

Senator Orrin Hatch now says that Congress is going to appropriate funds to keep Insurance Companies happy.

www.cnbc.com... ns-affordable.html

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
September 26, 2017

McConnell must be pleased that the third attempt to Repeal-Replace Obamacare failed this week. Now, the Bi-Partisan commission to "shore up" the ObamaCare exchanges and health insurance companies, will resume where it left off.

www.tennessean.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Too bad the Senate continues to take a knee on the American people.

Recall and Replace should be the new mantra.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Too bad the Senate continues to take a knee on the American people.

Recall and Replace should be the new mantra.

The Republican majority Senate has dropped to both knees and buried their head in the sand. The American public will give "the shaft" to the appropriate Senators in Nov 2018.

edit on 9/26/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join