It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon has joined California and gone off the deep end

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 16180339

(2) A health benefit plan offered in this state must provide coverage for all of the fol-
lowing services, drugs, devices, products and procedures:
(a) Well-woman care, including screenings, assessments and counseling.
(b) Counseling for sexually transmitted infections, including but not limited to human
immunodeficiency virus and acquired immune deficiency syndrome.
. . .
(g) Abortion.

I guess that's a no, It does not not(double negative) include abortion.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: pthena

Who were they withholding healthcare coverage from???

If you don't mind me asking.

Many, if not most, insurance companies do not pay for birth control of any kind. This also applies to Canada, at least as far as Alberta goes. I would have had to pay out of pocket for an IUD, 500 dollars CAD, if the doctor's office hadn't had one in stock.

So, as far as preventative measures against pregnancy goes, insurance providers do withhold coverage.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Who were they withholding healthcare coverage from???

If you don't mind me asking.

From the introduction:

Requires Oregon Health Authority to implement program to reimburse costs of services, drugs,
devices, products and procedures related to reproductive health provided to individuals who can
become pregnant and who would be eligible for medical assistance if not for certain federal re-
quirements

. . .
Prohibits interference by public body in consenting female’s choice to terminate pregnancy.
Prohibits public body’s interference with health care provider terminating or assisting in termi-
nation of pregnancy of health care provider’s patient, if health care provider is acting within scope
of provider’s license.

It looks to me like this is a states rights act, preemptively stating that the state will act regardless of any future changes in federal law. Comparable to state laws going against federal marijuana laws.

8 U.S.C.
§1611. Aliens who are not qualified aliens ineligible for Federal public benefits

(a) In general

Notwithstanding any other provision of law and except as provided in subsection (b) of this section, an alien who is not a qualified alien (as defined in section 1641 of this title) is not eligible for any Federal public benefit (as defined in subsection (c) of this section).

(b) Exceptions

(1) Subsection (a) of this section shall not apply with respect to the following Federal public benefits:

(A) Medical assistance under title XIX of the Social Security Act [42 U.S.C. 1396 et seq.] (or any successor program to such title) for care and services that are necessary for the treatment of an emergency medical condition (as defined in section 1903(v)(3) of such Act [42 U.S.C. 1396b(v)(3)]) of the alien involved and are not related to an organ transplant procedure, if the alien involved otherwise meets the eligibility requirements for medical assistance under the State plan approved under such title (other than the requirement of the receipt of aid or assistance under title IV of such Act [42 U.S.C. 601 et seq.], supplemental security income benefits under title XVI of such Act [42 U.S.C. 1381 et seq.], or a State supplementary payment).

These laws are a bit complicated. 42 U.S. Code § 1396 - Medicaid and CHIP.
It looks like the state of Oregon intends for otherwise non-covered aliens to receive Medicaid and CHIP coverage.
edit on 7-7-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

I can't find any unbiased legal explanation. Here's a biased opinion.

HB 3391 is mainly a move by Oregon Democrats against the Trump Administration’s promise to replace the Affordable Care Act. The bill seeks to ensure that health insurance plans in Oregon will be required to cover reproductive health services. Of course abortion is included in this mandate. The fact that Oregon has the most liberal abortion laws in the country, allowing abortion up until birth, makes this move by the democratic controlled Oregon Legislature no surprise. Abortion is not something that should be required on all insurance plans.
Oregon Family Council

edit on 7-7-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

And from what I read, there are. I think it said the fund was like ten million. I don't know but that was the amount mentioned in the Oregonian.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Wouldn't you like to find out and let the states experiment? Nothing else is working.

Go to the bank and withdraw all money then drive on the freeway and toss all that money out the window, then go back to town and check your bank balance and see if you have gained anything. Now you understand what Oregon state just did with their taxpayer money.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: MOMof3

It is but how can this be a sustainable economic model?

It's NOT...
it's a beckoning to people of "ill caste" to migrate, then, when WWIII starts, on the Globalist's priority list to be obliterated along with all of their "liberal opponency" to the new regime.

I am not spiritually vouching for this, though I can see it I the cards....

Just as Michigan on the future post-water-table-flood US map, doesn't look good, they're cutting their losses before "DOWN-TIME" encroaches, and slashing minimum wages down...

Both scenarios loomingly looking like pre-apocalyptic social-economic-bugitary provisional last minute strategies just before complete social and geographic collapse.

...I'm posting this for a friend...

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: prevenge

Ah, it's about paying for abortions.
I think abortion for immigrants would solve both problems for anti immigrants. One less immigrant to pay for.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

edit on 7-7-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Yes it is. I just spoke with a friend of mine who works for a major credit card company. She told me defaults are at an all time high along with super high surge in fraud. Sound familiar?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Leave Oregon once there!!! It's beautiful with so much to do.

Hehe, agreed. Its probably just a ploy to increase the Oregonian population. Some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen in my life.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Wouldn't you like to find out and let the states experiment? Nothing else is working.

Pretty sure we did that. What's Cali's finances like?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Wait... aren't most pro-life folk also anti-anchor-baby folk?

So you want them to be hypocrites? Remove the auto citizenship, done.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
I don't know, I will research. I have in laws that live in the state with no inclination to relocate.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04
I don't know, I will research. I have in laws that live in the state with no inclination to relocate.

Doesn't make their plans fiscally sound. I don't know either way, but I know Cali's aren't. North East and California are looking rough.
www.mercatus.org...
edit on 7-7-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Free abortions for illegals?

Sounds racist to me.

They cant use a baby to claim citizenship, so Oregon is doing the dirty work of nationalists.

"Keep Portland weird, no different cultures please."

Its got a ring to it!

Carry on.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Population control?

That is the truth behind brainwashing people that murdering babies is fine.

edit on 7/7/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Free abortions for illegals?

No. That's not true. That's the "Fake News" part.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join