It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon has joined California and gone off the deep end

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Yes, it is happening again but this time, free abortions for illegals yay!!!!!!!

Dirty Dirty Website

“House Bill 3391, the Reproductive Health Equity Act, ensures that all Oregonians receive the full range of preventative reproductive health services they need at zero out-of-pocket cost – regardless of their income, citizenship status, gender identity, or type of insurance,” they added.

Phew wow. So anyone from anywhere can relocate to Oregon have a baby and leave. Genius move.

I mean, uhhh. What more can I add to this other than good luck to the tax payers of Oregon. Have fun paying for the entire worlds abortions and pregnancies. Ahhh who cares it's pocket change anyway.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Leave Oregon once there!!! It's beautiful with so much to do.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

It is but how can this be a sustainable economic model?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Wouldn't you like to find out and let the states experiment? Nothing else is working.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Don't know but our economy is at the precipice of disaster I know that.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Wait... aren't most pro-life folk also anti-anchor-baby folk?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Sweeping broad generalizations about groups hardly identified?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Abysha

Sweeping broad generalizations about groups hardly identified?

I said "most". Is that not true? If I gathered 50 people who rail against immigration, are you saying that at least 45 of them wouldn't also be anti-choice?
edit on 6-7-2017 by Abysha because: spellinz

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

If they're the only place left for abortions they'll get plenty donations to keep them afloat. Don't worry about that.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

And how will these two states change that?

I don't believe Goldman Sachs and the bankers will let that happen. They will print more money and distribute it amongst themselves, hire some employees, and ask you what are you bitching about, see we gave you a job. Just enough nibbles to keep the lazy happy.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

What is it about "states rights" you don't understand?

Isn't that what the GOP keeps harping on? Or is it....let the state determine their own fate but it has to meet with our agenda.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Yes, it is happening again but this time, free abortions for illegals yay!!!!!!!

Dirty Dirty Website

“House Bill 3391, the Reproductive Health Equity Act, ensures that all Oregonians receive the full range of preventative reproductive health services they need at zero out-of-pocket cost – regardless of their income, citizenship status, gender identity, or type of insurance,” they added.

Phew wow. So anyone from anywhere can relocate to Oregon have a baby and leave. Genius move.

I mean, uhhh. What more can I add to this other than good luck to the tax payers of Oregon. Have fun paying for the entire worlds abortions and pregnancies. Ahhh who cares it's pocket change anyway.

Less US citizens to have to pay for in my mind.

I'd rather pay for the abortion than the medical bills, insurance and food stamps for life.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

What is it about "states rights" you don't understand?

Isn't that what the GOP keeps harping on? Or is it....let the state determine their own fate but it has to meet with our agenda.

Or the policy makes no sense from an economic point of view with a finite of state taxe resourced and medical benefit resources to cover the cost.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
What I have read of the bill is that it is a certain amount of money that will utilized for two major tasks. One is to help people with contraceptive measures, as I read, the bulk of the fund. The second is to help provide for womens right to choose once they find they are pregnant.

I can understand that certain people will be opposed to this bill as it can be seen as an open door to licentious and immoral behavior on the part of ''loose women'' and if those people choose to see these women in that light it is their right to think so though I myself do not choose to agree.

The other task of the bill, the bulk of the bill, is to help poor mothers living in Oregon with family health issues to survive. I myself, am in favor of helping these mothers with a bit of my taxes.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Sorry. Not a very accurate description of the bill.
read the actual bill here:
PDF of bill
It basically prevents Insurance companies from withholding coverage for women's healthcare, including birth control.

(3) A health benefit plan may not impose on an enrollee a deductible, coinsurance,
copayment or any other cost-sharing requirement on the coverage required by this section.
A health care provider shall be reimbursed for providing the services described in this sec-
tion without any deduction for coinsurance, copayments or any other cost-sharing amounts.
(4) Except as authorized under this section, a health benefit plan may not impose any
restrictions or delays on the coverage required by this section.
(5) This section does not exclude coverage for contraceptive drugs, devices or products
prescribed by a provider, acting within the provider’s scope of practice, for:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I'm all for helping people but there are limits to everything.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Look at the new gun control bill that just got passed in oregon
edit on 7-7-2017 by MissCoyote because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I tolerate abortion because it is a legal, barbaric practice.

Didn't know illegals were "legal" however.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Do you agree that "...preventative reproductive health services.." do NOT include abortions?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Who were they withholding healthcare coverage from???

If you don't mind me asking.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join