It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake news WaPo suggests the first lady of Poland refused shaking Trump's hand

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: CynConcepts

a reply to: allsee4eye

It appears she still shook his hand. Perhaps a custom in the area for women to shake hands with the women while the men do the same.

No big deal, in my opinion.

I've learned my lesson a few times about etiquette with different cultures.

Definitely...don't hand gesture a thumbs up to some cultures...it don't mean the same to them. You may thinks it is...all is good...but It is closer to saying...up yours...as a curse! Truly, embarrassing!

Absolutely. It's good to learn about different customs and such when you travel to certain areas, but it has to be tough for the president of the US to learn every single detail about the vast number of countries/cultures he encounters in his duties.

So I don't see anything concerning here.

You aren't concerned about the lie that prompted the post?

Can you clarify?

It seems the OP's source video is correct. She did pass over his handshake. Possibly due to cultural reasons, not the fault of Trump.

The lie appears to be the OP, before it was edited.

And you can see the clear difference of the OP and the edit by reading the OP and the very next post after it.

It appears more to me that she saw her husband shaking hands with Trump, locked eyes on Melania to shake hands and stayed the course until after then shook Donalds hand...no snub as Fake News would have others believe.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: CynConcepts

It appears she still shook his hand. Perhaps a custom in the area for women to shake hands with the women while the men do the same.

No big deal, in my opinion.

I've learned my lesson a few times about etiquette with different cultures.

Definitely...don't hand gesture a thumbs up to some cultures...it don't mean the same to them. You may thinks it is...all is good...but It is closer to saying...up yours...as a curse! Truly, embarrassing!

Absolutely. It's good to learn about different customs and such when you travel to certain areas, but it has to be tough for the president of the US to learn every single detail about the vast number of countries/cultures he encounters in his duties.

So I don't see anything concerning here.

You aren't concerned about the lie that prompted the post?

Can you clarify?

It seems the OP's source video is correct. She did pass over his handshake. Possibly due to cultural reasons, not the fault of Trump.

The lie appears to be the OP, before it was edited.

And you can see the clear difference of the OP and the edit by reading the OP and the very next post after it.

It appears more to me that she saw her husband shaking hands with Trump, locked eyes on Melania to shake hands and stayed the course until after then shook Donalds hand...no snub as Fake News would have others believe.

You could be correct. I'm not sure but it does appear the WaPo video is correct. She does pass over his handshake and after shaking Melania's she offers the gesture to him.

No big deal.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

edit on 6-7-2017 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Those who look beyond msm really do laugh at America an the way your media is behaving. Sadly we are very out numbered by those that don't look beyond msm.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I like Melania's dress.

I see nothing wrong with the handshakes. When her husband shook Trump's hand she figured she should shake Melania's. I would think that that is the way it should have went. Trump realized that when she passed him up but she came back and shook Trump's hand.

Why would someone make something out of this, are people going nuts or something?
edit on 6-7-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

almost heros

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Ohhhh, burn......

link

I am stealing your link! Thank you!

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
if this non-shake was the only thing you took away from the entire event, you are a complete idiot.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Wapo has deteriorated into nothing more than a tabloid.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
In Poland men shake hands but a woman must lead the hand shake with a man. Ill ask Monday but as I recall my training that's the way it is. That said Polish people have a hard time trusting anyone because of their past but they LOVE the US.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
It's ridiculous how low the MSM has become in the US. They come up with a ridiculous crapping title that's for the most part fake and tries to fool the masses. Contrary to the title, the first lady of Poland did shake Trump's hand after first shaking Melania's hand. The president of Poland calls out fake MSM squarely in the face.

twitter.com...

gees... another Russian trump apologist, and you live in Canada, no less or so you say. the MSM in America is one of the MOST TRUTHFUL groups of news journalists in the world. you don't know what your talking about.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join