It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysia, Indonesia Muslim groups call for Starbucks boycott for LGBTQ support

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

You should try life in the middle ground.

I get attacked and called a right winger because I may not give my 100% wholehearted support to every "cause" out there.

Or attacked and called a lefty because I refuse to 100% wholeheartedly condemn them all.

I keep saying one day all us middle folk will rise up and bang some left heads into some right heads but I fear we'd be seriously outnumbered.

Extremists seem to be getting more extreme.
edit on 6-7-2017 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Screw Starbucks. Black Rifle Coffee for me. Owned and staffed by Vets!

These corporate virtue signaling companies won't get a dime from me. Like I said from the beginning, "soon they will eat their own.".

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Or the MSM makes it seem the exremists on both sides have been increasing.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Muslim groups in Malaysia and Indonesia have called for a boycott of Starbucks because of the coffee chain's support for LGBT rights.

Malaysian group Perkasa, which supports a hard-line form of Islam and nationalism, this week called on its more than 500,000 members to stay away from Starbucks coffee shops. This week and last, leaders of Indonesia's second largest mainstream Muslim group, Muhammadiyah, with an estimated 29 million members, denounced the chain.
www.chicagotribune.com...

Looks like there is difference in tolerance and it is starting to show. A "hard line" form of Islam is calling for 500,000 if it's members to just say no to the Buck's.
Not very tolerant, wonder what else they don't tolerate?

Well....businesses pushing western culture on other nations likely will never work out. They likely already adhere to those cultures values at those locations, but the fact they have western locations and adhere to that culture doesnt sit well with the hardliners.

Either way...who cares...starbucks has made billions off selling crap coffee for quadruple what it costs to make.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Best post of this thread

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well I've been waiting for these types of scenarios. With the spread of Islam, you have to know it's going to affect the special interest groups, especially. It will still take the liberals some time to realize the same people they are fighting to give refuge inside their borders are the ones who will smite them down because of their anti-Islam practices and policies.

Islam is anti:

abortion
LBGT etc.
women's rights

It's amazing the left is so gung ho to smite their achievements they've fought so hard for. I foresee some serious smack down coming and I feel it will be the liberals who will be feeling the sting.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

You should try life in the middle ground.

I get attacked and called a right winger because I may not give my 100% wholehearted support to every "cause" out there.

Or attacked and called a lefty because I refuse to 100% wholeheartedly condemn them all.

I keep saying one day all us middle folk will rise up and bang some left heads into some right heads but I fear we'd be seriously outnumbered.

Extremists seem to be getting more extreme.

Well everybody thinks they are middle ground...

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Flattery will get you everywhere!

I like techno.

I don't want to hurt those who don't like it and I don't believe everyone else who likes it is "just like me".

That's how I wish others would be about their " thing".

Here endeth my sermon.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

These corporate virtue signaling companies won't get a dime from me. Like I said from the beginning, "soon they will eat their own.".

While I totally think Black Rifle Coffee is a great company with a great cause, this is from their site:

Founded on the principles which made this nation great, we strive to emancipate the conservative American from corporate coffee.

Isn't that virtue signaling?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
No surprise here. I'm surprised it isn't punishable by imprisonment or death, like other Muslim nations.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

While I totally think Black Rifle Coffee is a great company with a great cause, this is from their site:

Founded on the principles which made this nation great, we strive to emancipate the conservative American from corporate coffee.

I call it Patriotism. But then again, for those who hate our country and culture, it is now called Nationalism. Any of you every give a moment to imagine why it is the wealthy elite are the ones against Nationalism?????

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Perhaps the feeling from this company is that corps have sacrificed the product for the profit?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Well some people do try to keep to the middle.

This tiresome desperation to label people one way or another just ends up pushing people further to the other side.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I call it Patriotism. But then again, for those who hate our country and culture, it is now called Nationalism. Any of you every give a moment to imagine why it is the wealthy elite are the ones against Nationalism?????

I don't think it is the wealthy elite against nationalism. Like, at all.

But to your defense of Black Rifle Coffee, I agree. I guess my point is that "virtue signaling" is a buzz phrase. I don't think it is wrong. Calls to patriotism is also "virtue signaling". Which is fine. I was just pointing out that calling something "virtue signaling" is just a meaningless buzz term. Black Rifle Coffee is actually pretty bad ass. And they virtue signal.

Virtue Signaling - Noun - the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Perhaps the feeling from this company is that corps have sacrificed the product for the profit?

Then they wouldn't have included the word "conservative".

Again, I think they are a great company. But they are no less guilty of pandering. They aren't just out to combat corporate coffee. I don't care. They do good things and I'm happy about that.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Perhaps they sell coffee to Limbaugh?

Or that is what their market research told them to say?

Or the owners are conservative?

Gosh the reasons are as endless as Starbucks supporting LGBTQ. Doesn't matter.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Gosh the reasons are as endless as Starbucks supporting LGBTQ. Doesn't matter.

Exactly my point.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Looks like there is difference in tolerance and it is starting to show. A "hard line" form of Islam is calling for 500,000 if it's members to just say no to the Buck's. Not very tolerant, wonder what else they don't tolerate?

They are just doing what everyone else does when they don't like what is going on. The protest it. Nothing wrong with that. Protesting can be a good or bad thing, but none the less it is their right.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

If I were starbucks, I would want a PTA to boycott me not a 500,000 Islamic members in a foreign country. Seems like many here are discounting the real world.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Starbucks has stopped caring since their leader lost the election.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join