It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Day [PSC2017]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
9:00 am -

He rolled over with his entire body aching. Some of these aches may have been from sleeping wrong or too long even, Dave rarely slept past seven these days; but no, he had a distinct feeling that these pains had more to do with last night. Not to mention that his head felt like someone had taken a jackhammer to it from the inside.

But just what was that infuriating noise? He hasn't had an alarm in over a year, so it must be his cell phone. He had the landline removed. Well, he yanked it out of the wall the last time his lawyer had called him. And there were only three people with the number to what he referred to as his Satan Device. The only people who knew his number were his kid brother, his medium, and his priest. What the hey, he might as well answer.

It took approximately seven minutes for this information to process through his mind. This was not going to be one of his better days. Later, he would wonder why he actually picked up the phone. As fate would have it; when he did pick up the phone, the other party was still awaiting him patiently.

11:00 am -

Dave parked out back beneath the old creepy tree just in front of the cemetery. He truly loathed coming to this church for anything, but unfortunately this was where his medium worked. It was something about the spiritual energy found here.

Manuel, the medium, rented an office space of about 800 square feet down in the basement directly under the chapel. He had once told Dave that this church was used to try and execute people accused of being witches in the late 1800s up through the mid 1920s. Yeah, this used to be a really backwards and secluded town. On the other hand, it still is.

Within five minutes, Dave was following Manuel down the chipped stone stairs that led to the basement apothecary that Manuel worked out of. Manuel could be considered a renaissance man of the spiritual world. Not only was he a medium who ran an apothecary, but he also read tarot, bones, and runes and he even served as an associate minister on occasion in the Third Unifying Pinnacle Church of the Divine which was currently residing in the building he worked out of.

Manuel led Dave to the dirtiest shelf in the room and asked Dave what he thought was wrong. The obvious answer,and thus the one given by Dave was that one bottle was completely empty. Manuel confirmed that he was indeed out of Demon's Lotus petals and needed more by tomorrow noon. This was the one plant he could not do without for the particular reading he was doing tomorrow after lunch on an over-hyper Yorkie.

Dave shook his head remorsefully and sighed deeply as he informed his old friend that for this particular job he would be expecting triple the normal rate, which was exceedingly steep already.

3:40 pm -

Dave stood facing the steepest and highest plateau in his little corner of the state. Normally, he would hire a helicopter for this job, but he simply did not have the time to arrange the flight which he would typically schedule a month in advance. Instead, he stood there wearing tights, goggles, and glove shoes. He also wore a heavy-duty nylon belt on which hung his climbing gear and an empty bag. The empty bag would carry his bounty during his decent. Yes, he was once again going to try and conquer the plateau that he dubbed 'the beast' back when he was thirteen years old and ascended it for the first time. He had done it many times since, but had adequately prepared for the climb each time in the past.

If he could get the flower anywhere else, he would. But unfortunately, Demon's Lotus only grew in four known places in the world. This plateau was one of them, and the next nearest was deep in a cave down in Peru. Thus was the nature of the job, and also why he was able to charge such a premium for his services.

7:15 pm -

Dave closed his eyes and took a deep breath as he reached into a crevice to pull out the most easily accessible bloom in sight. What he did not see was the rock faerie that had been shadowing him for the last 50 meters. He gently closed his fingers around the bloom in a moment of exhilaration. At the same time, the faerie reached out and grabbed his ankle.

9:00 am -

He rolled over with his entire body aching.

The End

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Whoa!

Excellent.

my regards for your story,

bally

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Woops! We both did a purgatory/limbo/ground-hog-day story... I just want to say that I only just read this now, and I didn't mean to replicate even the teenist remotest smidgen

But, I will also say - "Great minds think alike!" while ignoring the guy in the background saying, "Heh heh, and fools never differ." and offer you plenty of !!

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Thanks all.

And yeah Kaelci, I do think its kinda funny we both pulled the repetition cycle outta this one, but hey it is what it is. And I just finished reading yours as well which other than the groundhog thing they are completely their own things so...

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Good one! And you added a faery so extra points. LOL

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Well, you can't have a good story on ATS sans faeries.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Haha good one!
I think Demon Lotus would be my favorite flower

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Thank ya . . . thank ya very much. Uh huh.

top topics

join