It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vs North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Who poses more of a threat: Iran or North Korea

I only ask this because it seems that The Bush Administration has already made up its mind about who is next on the axis of evil. In the State of the Union address, Bush told the Iranians to rise up against their government and we'd support them. Thats pretty leading dont you think and gives a good idea of what is to come?

However, it seems that North Korea is the main threat. After all it has nuclear weapons. It expelled IAEA Inspectors. It also told the IAEA that it will resume reprocessing spent fuel rods at its plant, a facility capable of making weapons-grade plutonium.

archives.cnn.com...

NK also seems to "push our buttons" a lot. They alienate themselves, almost as if they know it is envitable that we will wage war eventually. Does anyone agree?

The link is NK calling on other nations to boycott the popular movie, stating that the movie, ""Team America: World Police" be banned in the Czech Republic, saying the movie harms their country's reputation, a report said Saturday."

Check this link out:

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20050205/ap_en_mo/nkorea_team_america

IMO, I think they have harmed there countries reputation quite enough as it is.

Curious to know what everyone else thinks

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
i think that both countires are "a threat" with their nuclear weapon research,
but north korea does seem a little more dangerous.
iran seems to be "years away" from developing nuclear weapons,
but that doesnt really matter,
since it is now a part of "the axis of evil",
and if they have nuclear weapons or not,
they will be bombed to hell,
just for being "the axis of evil".

as far as team america is concerned,
i am surprised that it didnt cause more bans in more countries,
since the movie makes fun out of everybody!
but i found it very amusing!

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I assume they both already do have nuclear weapons. Im not in the intelligence community, im not privelaged with all of the information that is known. So I assume they both already have weapons of mass destruction.

But I dont think you can compare them. Im sure even Canada has plans to Invade the US. Or Mexico. And im sure someone in Britian is trying to overthrow the US government and claim the US into the UK, or planning to take out our Navy.

Between beleifs and society I think they both are equally as dangerous. If I absolutely had to pick I would say North Korea though.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Iran has resources worth fighting about (oil), making it more of a threat than north-korea, but on the other hand, I don't think liberators would be welcomed by most of the sji'ite population, think iraqi insurgency on steroids....

North-korean civillians on the other hand, I would expect most of them to hail liberation as "good riddance" of their sycophant leader and it would be pretty peacefull unification with South Korea afterwards, so from a TRUE morally justiied perspective this is more appealing, while iran appeals more to the corporate interest.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I wondered if this news today will change the Bush Adminstations point of view. IMO, it is going to be alot harder to prove that Iran is more of threat than North Korea. How on earth are we supposed to justify a war with Iran, especially after the Iraq war, when North Korea appears to be the Clear and Present Danger?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Iran has no nuclear weapon program and does not have any nuclear weapons. North Korea is only a threat to those who threaten them. I do not percieve Iran as a threat at all, anyone who knows anything about Iran already knows this. Iran has no plans to obtain nuclear weapons.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
Iran has no nuclear weapon program and does not have any nuclear weapons. North Korea is only a threat to those who threaten them. I do not percieve Iran as a threat at all, anyone who knows anything about Iran already knows this. Iran has no plans to obtain nuclear weapons.

Iran did state that it would give up its program and praised its people for being technological advance, plus it has a moderate army aswell. They would prove a tougher fight then the Iraqis.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Why does a country spend billions of dollars on nuclear facilities to generate electricity when it has oil practically bubbling out of the ground that is much cheaper to use than building nuclear facilities?

Why does Iran state that it will speed up the process of building these nuclear facilities if the US or Israel threaten to blow them up? Is it becasue they are indeed trying to build a nuke?

There statements due not seem logical for a nation only trying to build nuclear facilities for peacefull means. North Korea said pretty much the same thing and yesterday they came out and said that they do indeed have a nuclear bomb.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Didn't make myself clear. I do not think Iran should be invaded because they are not a threat. Iran will never attack the US or Europe, so why attack them? As far as I am aware Iran has never had a nuclear weapon development scheme.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I believe Iran is more of a threat because of its religious ideology that may propel it to nuclear war with Israel and its geographical position in the Middle East thereby allowing it threaten much of the world's oil supply. North Korea has none of these motives, Kim Jong-Il probably only wants them to try to stay in power. Also, North Korea has communist China as a neighbor whom he depends on for many necessities and I believe China will do everything it can to keep NK from making any type of first-strike against the U.S., South Korea or any other country.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Didn't make myself clear. I do not think Iran should be invaded because they are not a threat. Iran will never attack the US or Europe, so why attack them? As far as I am aware Iran has never had a nuclear weapon development scheme.

Easy, Israel.
Iran is threat to Israel, and when Israel starts crying the Americans come running to their aid.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
Why does a country spend billions of dollars on nuclear facilities to generate electricity when it has oil practically bubbling out of the ground that is much cheaper to use than building nuclear facilities?

Thats a very good point about the excess oil. Its something I never thought about before. It just goes to show what there possible real motives are.

Originally posted by infinite
Easy, Israel.
Iran is threat to Israel, and when Israel starts crying the Americans come running to their aid.

The Americans sure do stand behind Isreal through thick and thin huh? I wonder what would happen if we didnt. Why do you think we do this? It doesnt seems logical? Is it because we must protect the holy city of Jerusalem?

djohnsto77,
Raises a good point too. China kind of babysits North Korea.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Event Horizon]

new topics

top topics

join