It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Returning to Reason - Rolling back minimum wage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Simon_Boudreaux

That is on you for being a sucker. Sorry, no other way to say it.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Unfortunately not all areas have jobs readily available for those that are willing and able.

Yeah, sometimes you have to pack up your stuff and head to where the jobs are. I'd like to live a couple hundred miles off the road system in a cabin tucked away in the bush, but I can't make a living doing that while being an engineer, so here I am in a city. Again, why should those of us responsible enough to work and succeed pay to subsidize someone who just wants to stay living where they are but can't provide for themself?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Again, why should those of us responsible enough to work and succeed pay to subsidize someone who just wants to stay living where they are but can't provide for themself?

Because the government wants to keep those out of work from revolting and you seem to be ok with them stealing your money. Other than venting on the net, that is.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Simon_Boudreaux
I say if you've been on welfare more than a year and haven't done anything to try and better yourself in that time you should be cut off. If they starve, they starve.

No doubt, as you make your way to work each morning, stepping over the emaciated fly-blown corpses of your neighbours and ignoring the outstretched arms of their disease-stricken orphans, you will feel a glow of contentment at your own industriousness.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

How is it on me?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
you seem to be ok with them stealing your money.

Well now, I guess my clever ruse is working, then.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

Other than the smell it wouldn't bother me one bit

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

Because there's no such thing as private charity, right? ONLY the government can possibly provide for these folks. That's right, these wretches will violate all known rules of survival and hold fast in their refusal to work and provide for their own needs in the face of crippling hunger and in defiance of the pyramid of needs just to prove to the world that they MUST be taken care of by someone other than themselves.

How low is your opinion of humanity's abilities and will to survive? How condescending to assume that "If we don't take care of them, they'll all die!"

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

You deal with realities?
Well guess what reality is that people don't choose pull themselves out, people don't choose to be financially ruined for medical bills, people don't choose to lose both parents, get hurt at work, forced to work minimum wage full time, live in a country with war, addicted to drugs, alcohol, abused, taken advantage of, bullied, live in a minority that is discriminated against, want me to go on?

You are being very hypocritical and biased, just because you did it does not mean others can.
Because you think it can happen does not mean it doesn't.

Your thoughts are also very hypothetical the American dream, and what a dream it is for millions, but will never be reality.

You are out of touch with reality.
Opportunity knocked for you, but the same one that knocked for you doesn't for eveyone.

Notice all the 'You'? That's because your projections on life is selfish and egocentric. Your life isn't everyone else.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
I seriously hope this is an /s post. 2-3$ an hour? So you want Americans to live like the slave laborers in China?

What in the actual #. Please move somewhere else.

Missouri can stay in the stone age all they want it fits em. Meanwhile, Colorado - you know the state with the BEST economy in the country? Well they will have 12$ minimum wage within 3 years. I know, progress, the horror!

No arguments? Sounds about right. Its almost like hardcore conservative states are the poorest #holes in the country or something. Oh wait, they are.
edit on 6-7-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

It's your choice to keep working and keep paying taxes instead of getting on the dole.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

It's your choice to keep working and keep paying taxes instead of getting on the dole.

Sorry, just not my style or how I was raised.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

That is on you, maybe a little on whoever raised you.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Minimum wage is not a living wage and never has been. It is a bench mark for what all other hourly wages are set. Less than 5% of the work force actually makes minimum wage. If you say lets make minimum wage 15 bucks then all other hourly wages will follow suit with radical increases.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

You deal with realities?
Well guess what reality is that people don't choose pull themselves out, people don't choose to be financially ruined for medical bills, people don't choose to lose both parents, get hurt at work, forced to work minimum wage full time, live in a country with war, addicted to drugs, alcohol, abused, taken advantage of, bullied, live in a minority that is discriminated against, want me to go on?

Did they choose to carry insurance? Did they choose to spend the extra couple of bucks a month for disability insurance? Did they choose to better their skills to move out of the minimum wage job, maybe choose to learn a trade? We're talking about America here, so you "country with war" comment is BS... Who was the SOB who held them down and forced the booze down their throat daily until they were addicted? That bastard should be in jail alongside the one who forced the needle into the poor person's arm and the twit that blew a straw of powder up the other poor schmuck's nostril against their will... Did they choose to stand up when they were bullied? Did they choose to reject the all too convenience and condescending "minority" excuse for failure, or did they lasso that whiny bitch of an excuse and ride it around the arena a few times?

I don't want you to "go on," I want you to wake up. You, yes YOU, are a facilitator of failure by accepting every excuse for failure under the sun. It's a harsh reality, but this country needs a lot more "Hey, dumbass... YOU are the reason YOU are a failure" messages and a lot less "It's not your fault you failed, everything is lined up against you" messages.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

You deal with realities?

This is why a person would be forced into lifetime of minimum wage? Seems like a weak excuse for a lot of personal failures in life too.
edit on 6-7-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Minimum wage is not a living wage and never has been. It is a bench mark for what all other hourly wages are set. Less than 5% of the work force actually makes minimum wage. If you say lets make minimum wage 15 bucks then all other hourly wages will follow suit with radical increases.

Imagine how pissed of those people will be when they see the price of their Fruit Loops doubled!

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I don't want you to "go on," I want you to wake up.

You are the one who needs to wake up. You don't run the country.You don't choose what is best for the flock.

You are part of the flock with certain needs and the loafers are another part with other needs and the people who actually control things need to balance the needs of these two groups, and others, to keep control.
edit on 6-7-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Imagine how pissed of those people will be when they see the price of their Fruit Loops doubled!

Nothing like spending 100 bucks at McDs

Or about 50% of small businesses close their doors..
edit on 6-7-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

If you can't or don't understand addictions, or even know how alcoholism is actually a disease, then i can't take you seriously. And if you had a roof over your head as a kid with two parents you were never in poverty.

I stand by my argument. Life differs from person to person, and some people never get the opportunity that you had or me or some other person. Life isn't about the struggle to the success or top, it's a struggle period and some people struggle for life till the day they die.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join