It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Finds Temperature Adjustments Account For ‘Nearly All Of The Warming’ In Climate Data

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bronco73

And the Engineers and city planners did not account for this?

This did not happen 30 years ago but go ahead and pretend that coastal flooding with a full or new moon is normal.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: Zaxxoncoinop

I am beating a dead horse here, but here is some scholarly information that disputes your claim:

Is the sea level rising?

Causes of Sea Level Rise

I have to quote myself here.

Dont call me son. Good luck remaining an ATS member.
edit on 6-7-2017 by jrod because: My my

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: bronco73

And the Engineers and city planners did not account for this?

This did not happen 30 years ago but go ahead and pretend that coastal flooding with a full or new moon is normal.

lol.... king tides have always been happening. Unless of course you believe the sun and moon had never aligned on the same side of the Earth before 30 years ago?

I bet you big oil is at fault.... maybe they put giant after burners on the moon so they could maneuver it in position to cause those tides.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Grimpachi

I will wait with baited breath for the "walk back".

Speaking of waiting, I'm still waiting for a rebuttal to my examples about how flawed the 'study' is and awaiting an answer from you as to whether you believe the greenhouse effect is real or not.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Asked and answered.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Asked and answered.

Where?

All I see is you complaining about CO2.

Also, you definitely did not refute my example about their flawed claim based on tweaked charts.
edit on 23Thu, 06 Jul 2017 23:22:26 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Everyone can pull charts.

What are we to do?

The solar system is heating up just a teensee bit. Fact.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
Why are you afraid to refute my claims and instead just make wild ones with no evidence?

Everyone can pull charts...? I showed how to get the same chart. I got those charts from the 'study' YOU QUOTED FOR THIS THREAD. I showed you how they distorted what the charts said by altering the dimensions and making claims that didn't pan out when you actually corrected the charts to the same dimensions.

You are meeting effort with no effort. At this point I'll just assume you are making up crap until you can prove otherwise. Back up your claim about the solar system heating up.

Also, stop being afraid of challenges to your beliefs.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

No, you claim I am derailing the thread when you are flooding it with attacks. Calling people who understand climate change, sea level rise, and the anthropological cause of this an 'alarmist' is another petty attack.

Claiming I am getting schooled when this dying thread is now getting flooded by die hard AGW deniers is straight up a disinformation tactic.

You provdided one link that disputes sea level rise(or the acceleration of), when I can provide hundreds that contradict it.

scied.ucar.edu...
edit on 6-7-2017 by jrod because:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

High Tide Bulletin: Spring 2017
oceanservice.noaa.gov...

The rising and falling of the sea is a phenomenon upon which we can always depend. Tides are the regular rise and fall of the sea surface caused by the gravitational pull of the moon and sun and their position relative to the earth.There are some factors that cause the tides to be higher than what is "normally" seen from day to day. This bulletin tells you when you may experience higher than normal high tides for the period of time between March and May 2017.

And it is late September and October when South Florida sees coastal flooding from spring(new/full moon) tides.

Your little piece cannot explain this.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Keep up the personal attacks.

Can you not click on the link I provided?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaxxoncoinop
a reply to: seasonal

As far as an agenda-push pull what diff does it make?
From reading thru the thread it seems like the alarmists are the ones with an agenda to push, trying to discredit your initial post by intellectually dishonest methods.

Oh you mean like taking the charts from the 'study' and overlaying them when they claimed significant alterations had been done to one but not the other?

They claimed one is unaltered and the other they claim is altered records, and they look mostly the same with the biggest difference being the 'altered' one extending past the end of the 'unaltered' chart.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

And you are being willfully ignorant when you deny CO2 is greenhouse gas.

280ppm to 405ppm is incredibly significant. To pretend this will not have consequences to our climate(and oceans) is embracing ignorance.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

All you are doing is trying to counter any claims that I write.

You are dead wrong about no warming for 18 years. Anyone who actually care can use ATS's or any search engine to get to the root of this myth.

Nice strawman attempt there. We are observing a sea level rise, as well as a temperature rise, and of course a CO2 rise(that is indisputably from human activity).

The correlation is there, but claiming I am trying to associate all sea level rise with CO2 is simply you building a strawman argument.
edit on 7-7-2017 by jrod because: Strawman

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

No warming in 18 years?
Here's a not-too-old quote using UAH v6.0 data...

originally posted by: Greven
1) The alleged 'pause' shows up primarily in satellite data sets, which are fraught with problems. Clearly the previous didn't help, so I'll alter the arbitrary measurement considered from the data above:
1970s Mean : -0.284583
1980s Mean : -0.142167
1990s Mean : 0.00125
2000s Mean : 0.10425
2010s Mean : 0.223583 (through May 2017)
WHERE'S THE PAUSE NOW?

Also, you know, acceleration of sea level rise and U. of Colorado showing the trend from 1993 through 2016.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join