It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a "Jew"?....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Waiting for C. A. to come in and tell us how all jews are animals, as usual.
I'm sorry if I have a tendancy of firing these thing up but I hate bigotry in any form.
I don't really care what group did what 50 years ago just like I don't care if it happened to be Muslims that did the 9/11 masacre.
There are extremists in ALL religions(I would think, willing to hear differently) but that's not a reason to demonize all who are part of it. THAT is blind faith in whoever is teaching you. Otherwise just look at it rationally and accept that we are all humans and brothers/sisters by blood. We just need to weed those against the "family" out of the garden.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kitty
I shall sit this one out

============================================

aren't you intelligent, wise decision young Twilo

tut tut

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I would love to hear a response from Kitty especially!

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
muzeltoff mien kindren!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Pretty self explanitory William....thanks for the links.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
this topic gets my panties in a bunch

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
are we feeling a little repressed?

you need to smoke a fatty and look at yourself in the mirror

love the skin your in

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'm not anti-Semitic or Semitic.

I'm not Zionist or anti-Zionist, but I don't like undue influence.

More than anything, though, I wonder what it is to 'get one's panties in a bunch'? Where did that expression come from? Is it a more polite thing, than say, 'getting your knickers in a twist'?

Or are Jewish panties designed to bunch and not twist?

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kitty
love the skin your in

But damn it, it's all pale and prone to sunburn!

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I'm not anti-Semitic or Semitic.

I'm not Zionist or anti-Zionist, but I don't like undue influence.

More than anything, though, I wonder what it is to 'get one's panties in a bunch'? Where did that expression come from? Is it a more polite thing, than say, 'getting your knickers in a twist'?

Or are Jewish panties designed to bunch and not twist?

LMAO

I think it means either this:

or this:

Not sure but it diffently added some humor to this thread.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   
this is a piss poor thread and I can not help but wonder if you are all not under the influence of DragonRider's ELF from HAARP. none of the above is any where near what I have come accustomed to in the last two months. where the # are your heads

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

1) A Jew is a descendant of converts to Judaism after the Europeans slaughtered the real black Hebrew Israelite and scattered the remaining into Africa.

2) Well then this is an impossible question to answer without being called a racist.

3) Nope. Read a book.

1) Yep. Those damn evils Europeans. I wonder why we're still waiting to nuke them all.
" They " HAVE to pay, isn't it ?

2) May be you can try.I'm sure you can do it.

3) A book ? Wich book ?

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 07:54 AM
link   
A Jew is an individual that worships G-d in a synagouge as opposed to a christian who worships God in a Church or cathedral, and a muslem who worships allah in a mosque.

But what kind of answer do you want to hear?

U2U it to me and I'll post it for you.

Talk about an ambigous thread.

No profit here for me, no cents!

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I want to answer you 3 ways:

TECHNICALLY,

A Jew is any descendant (descendant being defined as any person whose MOTHER was also a descendant) of the following group of people: (you must be able to say "yes" to every one)

1.) A descendant of Abraham - this makes you a "Hebrew". Therefore, the descendants of Ishmael (Abraham's firstborn with an Egyption woman) (the Arab peoples) are also "Hebrews".
2.) A descendant of Israel (Isaac - Abraham's second son with Sarah) - this makes you an "Israelite". Therefore, even though the descendants of Ishmael may be referred to as "Hebrew", they cannot be referred to as "Israelites".
3.) A descendant of the Israelite tribe of Judah (and I believe also Benjamin) - when the tribes of Israel split into the northern tribes and the southern tribes the 2 southern tribes were Judah and Benjamin...this became the official "Israel" while the northern tribe area became Samaria (the Samaritans). This rift came about over religious issues. The descendants of the northern tribes are now scattered. These Israelites should not be referred to as "Jews", only the descendants of the 2 southern tribes. (If I recall BOTH southern tribes i.e. I think it is acceptable to refer to the descendants of the tribe of Benjamin as Jews.)

SPIRITUALLY,

They are God's chosen people from the Jewish Holy Scriptures and the christian Old Testament scriptures. This "chosen" status has created over the ages jealousy, covetousness, and hatred from groups that resent this title. In response, through out the ages, pogroms have been developed and spread, and most general, societal ills end up being pointed toward the Jews.

PERSONALLY,

A group of fellow children of God. The chosen people of God whose history has repeatedly fulfilled the whole purpose in this "choosing" (to be a light and a blessing to the other nations). And a group of people that I would unhesitatingly lay down my life for to ensure "NEVER AGAIN".

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
PERSONALLY,

A group of fellow children of God... And a group of people that I would unhesitatingly lay down my life for to ensure "NEVER AGAIN".

P.S. But then I can sincerely say this about every other "group" on earth.

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Sorry to keep posting like this, but I keep thinking of things to add to help clarify this thread and stop what could turn into ugliness, when you have initiated a very good topic.

In one of your post you asked if "Jews" were a race, a religion, etc.

In my previous post I clarified that to call one a Jew is to designate a bloodline. And, as I posted before, this is a very well defined bloodline. So the word "Jew" is a race...actually a subset of a race.

The word "Jewish", however, can refer to either a descendant of the aforementioned bloodline, OR a follower of the Judaic religion. So one can be "Jewish" in belief (and willingly "adopted" by the Jewish (bloodline) community), but not be a "Jew".

Separating the adjective from the proper noun helps alot.

I'll try not to think of anything else on this now!

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The question shouldn't have been "What is a Jew?".

I think it's pretty clear that 99% of us realise that he is a man - no different from us.

The question should be "What is YOUR perception of a Jew". How do you see them, why do you see them that way and how do you think they see themselves? How do others perceive them and why?

You've already realised that at the root they are exactly the same as you, so you should be able to feel free to express your fears, your suspicions and your doubts without hatred.

If you don't like Jews, understand why you don't like them. If you're the other way, understand why you like them. But use logic. Don't use emotion.

To me most Jews are regular guys. There are no differences between me and the vast majority of them.
But when the Jewish faith inadvertantly raises an extremist, they are as bad as any Muslim extremist at the opposite end.
They can be selfish, unforgiving and in my opinion some have taken that "God's Chosen People" theory a bit too far. It comes across as arrogant and only alienates the rest of us.

I do believe that the regular guys have tried to screw over the Arab in the past, just as the Arab has tried to screw them - but that isn't religion, more human nature. But I see a more advanced society on the Jewish side of the fence so if I were to lay blame (as a man) I would have to say that they should have dealt with this situation far earlier.

Which then leads me onto the thought of why they haven't sorted the situation out earlier. I believe that they have had the power to make peace in the past but for some reason it didn't suit their purposes at the time.
That's not to say that they've been wrong. Maybe peace wouldn't have been in the interests of mankind as a whole?

I do see peace coming now though. I don't think anyone has realised what the full potential of what is happening in Israel today really is.
Iraq is nothing compared to what is happening next door. What happens in Israel over the next couple of months and years is going to affect our whole world society for years to come.

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Here's a demonstration of the non-Zionist nature of a group of political activists:

www.marchforjustice.com...

I have met more Islamic and former Islamic people in my travels who support the case for the Israeli state than Jewish people for the Palestinian state. But not many at all.

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Interesting link, but I wonder why you are including it here? This thread is simply a discussion of "What is a Jew?" Why would you want to introduce a divisive zionist/nonzionist palestinian vs jewish link?

I do not believe this is the proper thread for this sharing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join