It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've never been so terrified in my life.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
So, something strange happened last. Some of you may remember a thread I did on the subject of my house a few years back which can be found here

Anyways, I don't know what to make of it or if it is even related, I want to lean toward the skeptical side with this one only for the sheer fact I've never felt fear like this before.

It was around 10pm last night when I had decided to go to bed. I had no problem falling asleep, I wasn't overly tired by any means. At some point in the early hours of the morning (1am-3am) if I had to guess, I woke up to my dog nudging at my arm. I wasn't alarmed because he typically does things like this.

And that's when it happened. I was laying down and felt a pair of hands on my lower legs, around mid calf level. I flipped and hopped up sitting in bed thinking WTF was that? I brushed it off as just an over excited mind. As I was going to lay back down I felt hand grab both of my wrists trying to pull me down. I lost it, literally. I was trying to get the grip of these "hands" off of my fore arms when it stopped. I have never felt fear like this, ever, not even in my entire life. I was literally left trembling like a leaf.

That's basically how my night went and I cannot stop thinking about it.
I'm still shaken by this.
Like I said earlier, I don't know if this has anything to do with the things mentioned in my thread from 2013. Who knows?

Have any of you ever experienced something like this with a conscious state of mind?

-slapjacks

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Have had similar experiences waking up feeling and seeing shapes and presence of something next to bed. Going from dead asleep to wide awake to find something holding my limbs or the blanket down preventing me from moving. Its not sleep paralysis as i can partially squirm around but as if not strong enough to break free. The feeling suddenly disappears and the shapes dissolve if i start swearing and yelling and suddenly there is nothing there. Terrifying especially since i live alone and do have good security so no way anyone could get in without waking me well before getting to the bedroom.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Imperion

I've had sleep paralysis a number of times. This was nothing like that. I was also free to move as I was sitting up.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=22429308]slapjacks[/post

Ahhh, nothing like that, that would be freaky. Only once did I have anything physically strange happen to me. I lived in an old restored apartment building, like 20 years ago, and I had a Semi-Waveless water bed back then. Anyway one night I had got into bed was just about to fall asleep, when something pushed super HARD on the water bed mattress, by my feet. It caused a pretty good wave too. Scared me to death. I turned on the lights and searched my Apartment, found nothing. It was super freaky, because of the force used on the bed, it would be like you threw two 12 pound bowling balls on each side of the mattress.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Are you sure you weren't dreaming? I have had plenty of dreams where I could have sworn I had woken up wherever I was sleeping only to realize it was a false awakening. Sometimes I have experienced disturbing events in these false awakenings. Indeed, there have been times where I keep "waking up" only to be thrust into another dream. Once it took me 4 - 6 times of "waking up" before I actually awoke.

If it was not a dream, this certainly raises some interesting questions. What was the atmosphere of the room like? Was your dog scared at all? Did you see anything, or was this the result of a force emanating from an incorporeal source? For how long did this event last? After it ceased, did you feel anything out of the ordinary (besides fear)?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I had an experience after my fiancé had passed away from cancer; within a few days, I felt something blowing towards my ear. He used to do this to get my attention at our favorite watering hole. His sister was sitting beside me and saw my hair move.

Another was when my cousin passed, I couldn't make her funeral, as I was out of state, and didn't have the money to get home. Later, when I moved home, I found a memorial card from her funeral my sister had gotten me. I cried and said a prayer. Later that day I felt someone rub my back; and my son told me he felt someone rub his head that night as he fell asleep.

Mine were good; yours' sounds a bit incubus. Going to leave the advice to the occult experts here for that one. I can only suggest praying!

edit on 6-7-2017 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: zQuaesitor

I wasn't sleeping, my dog had woke me up which he does almost every night, usually because he wants to play. However, this time was different he woke me up was sitting in my closet, which is small somewhat like a coat closet. He never does that so I'd say it's safe to assume something was bothering him. At the time I wasn't thinking about the atmosphere, other than it was a little warmer than usual.

I've also had sleep paralysis numerous times, kind of like what you're describing. The constant feeling of keep waking up and what not. Sleep paralysis is some scary stuff, but it has never left me trembling in fear.

When I tried to get these "hands" off of my forearms I physically felt hands grasping onto my wrists.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I used to live in a very old house where things like this would happen quite often. If I felt really shaken I would light Catholic candles, I'm not Catholic or religious but for whatever reason it eased my mind and usually calmed the activity.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I had a blanket pulled from me while laying in bed once. I was lying on my back with the blanket covering me up to my shoulders.
In one smooth motion, the blanket went from my shoulders all the way to my ankles in a fraction of a second.
I was wide awake when it happened.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

I've also had sleep paralysis numerous times, kind of like what you're describing. The constant feeling of keep waking up and what not. Sleep paralysis is some scary stuff, but it has never left me trembling in fear.

When I tried to get these "hands" off of my forearms I physically felt hands grasping onto my wrists.

By hands, do you mean that you felt 4 fingers and a thumb grasped around your wrists and ankles?

Also, what I meant by false awakening was not necessarily sleep paralysis, but rather waking up inside a dream and perceiving that reality as the base reality we are used to. These dreams are so real that they are essentially indistinguishable from our normal reality. I have been fooled time and time again because I wholeheartedly believed that I had awoken as normal, and thus continued with my morning patterns. It is only when I actually wake up that I become somewhat frustrated, as I have to repeat everything I just did in this reality.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

By hands, do you mean that you felt 4 fingers and a thumb grasped around your wrists and ankles?

Yes. I can recall the texture and the actual inter mingling of my fingers and the other fingers I was feeling, trying to get them off of me.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: zQuaesitor

Also, what I meant by false awakening was not necessarily sleep paralysis, but rather waking up inside a dream and perceiving that reality as the base reality we are used to. These dreams are so real that they are essentially indistinguishable from our normal reality. I have been fooled time and time again because I wholeheartedly believed that I had awoken as normal, and thus continued with my morning patterns. It is only when I actually wake up that I become somewhat frustrated, as I have to repeat everything I just did in this reality.

I've had experiences like this.

I meditate often before lying down and quite often i feel presences. Once it felt like someone was holding my hand next to the bed in empty space, grasped firmly but not painful. It was so palpable that i literally felt a pulse. I've only experienced that the one time but i hadn't fallen asleep yet and i can't meditate well enough to go completely under.

Meditation for me is more akin to opening myself to energies outside myself.

My husband was in bed on the opposite side of me and our cats were in the closet. No one else was with us.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Yes. I can recall the texture and the actual inter mingling of my fingers and the other fingers I was feeling, trying to get them off of me.

Wow! That must have been terrifying. My friend once experienced a "black being" claw at his leg, leaving a visible scar and scaring his cat. I am unsure if I have ever experienced anything of this nature, but according to your explanation it definitely sounds like something currently unexplainable happened.

I also just read your previous post regarding your house. In light of that post and in lack of information regarding these events, I would have gotten out as soon as possible were I in your position.

There is probably information pertaining to these and similar occurences somewhere within the sphere of collective human knowledge, but I know not where to find it, nor where to begin looking. Although, perhaps certain segments of history might be worth looking into! However, one must be wary as the knowledge of those who predate us might also be misled.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey!

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Just set up a nightcam to capture it...have it running every night.
Then it wont happen again, ever.. I promise
Because these kind of things is never seen on tape..

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This guy found his refrigerator door left open several nights:

video.nest.com...

One time in my apartment I used to feel "things" tugging at my hair, and saw flashes of greyish-brown shooting around my living room. It was while I was playing some funny Youtube cat videos, that I saw a mouse hiding in the shadows of a chair, looking around to see where the mieowing was coming from. Also explained the strange scratching sounds coming from above the ceiling.

Definitely get a web-cam. There are some that only need a power socket and a SD-card to operate as they have night-vision and motion tracking, but can also be viewed and controlled remotely. I have an EZVIZ Mini 360.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I would be out of that house if I could. I'm financially strapped and that wouldn't be my best move currently.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Hypnagogic state?

I've had the sheets pulled thing happen. I had that happen as I started having these wild dreams about flying and what not. I then had a full on "Neo controls the Matrix" lucid dreaming. Something did not like that too much. Whatever it was, was in my room and grabbed my wrist. I realized it was a quasi-dream state and went full-on lucid again; I turned the tables and did the Judo hand grapple move and grabbed it's wrists. I told, "I'm figuring this sh# out. If you do not leave me alone, I will come for you!" What ever it was skulked away like any bully that was beaten would.

I have not had a problem since with sheet tugging, or anything messing with me. But the whole Neo thing also has not happened nearly as much.

Whatever it was wanted me to feel fear. Don't give it the satisfaction! It is just a bully. Beat it and it will go onto somebody else!

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I've never been grabbed , but I have seen ghosts in my home.....if I were you I would:
1. Sage my house for a cleansing.
2. Put up nanny cams or canary cams to catch anything while you sleep.
3. And speak out loud and tell the spirits they are not allowed in your home, not allows to touch you , and to leave immediately.

Otherwise, I dunno and hopefully someone will come along soon to give you more advice.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

It happened to me as a kid one time. I remember waking up and something was grabbing both of my ankles and trying to pull me off of my bed. I screamed, my parents ran in the room and nothing was there. They just chalked it it to kids nightmares, but I remember it plain as day.

What's strange is that the house we were living in wasn't haunted at all. Nothing else ever happened there. Though I did have a strange habit of waking up underneath my bed and not remembering how I got there.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Just set up a nightcam to capture it...have it running every night.
Then it wont happen again, ever.. I promise
Because these kind of things is never seen on tape..

The spirit world can play with electricity and electronics....turn cameras off is common....distort any images especially if digitally recorded. Get one of those instant cameras...the best.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join