It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you give a Mouse a Cookie and the Liberal LGBT Agenda

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: GuidedKill

Here's a study from 2015 that confirms what the field of behavior genetics have been saying for years. Sexuality, like almost every other behavior, is a confluence of genetics and environment.

Genetics of Human Sexual Behavior: Where We Are, Where We Are Going

The argument of nature vs nurture died in the 90s. As did the belief that a single gene causes a certain behavior. Numerous genes predispose a person to a specific behavior. External stimuli then can cause the behavior to manifest. Depending on how predisposed a person the external stimuli could be anything from pH in the mother's womb to a childhood full of sexual abuse.

So you are correct when you say there is no single gay gene. That does not however mean they homosexuality is a choice or a learned behavior.

Why the push to have science back gay people up on their life choice???

A little quote from an article on being born

She writes: “If it’s hard to get excited about these studies, it’s because, at this point, biological explanations for homosexuality are like iPhones—a new one comes out every year.”

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Moonshinne

And of course, in 1, 2, 3, .......you'll be branded an insensitive racist homophobe authoritarian Nazi.

But hey..........you knew that all along, didn't you?

My question is, since it appears you're in the Military, if you come across one of these people and don't know how to address them, how about just addressing them......do you get reported for not saying anything whatsoever to them?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: ReyaPhemhurth

originally posted by: kaylaluv

a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

Key word in there is epi...GENETICS. It is still the study of the Genome.....Wow don't even know about what you're trying to sell to everyone... TYPICAL.

The field of epigenetics is quickly growing and with it the understanding that both the environment and individual lifestyle can also directly interact with the genome to influence epigenetic change

Environment means the people around you and how they may influence what you become. This over time and generations could produce a child more acceptable to these behaviors....Some people might call this culture....If you are raised only be gay people to believe gay people are correct, over time and generations you could possibly influence future children to more acceptance of your social behavior.....

Basically what I have been saying the whole time.....If you are always told its ok and over and over are exposed to gay culture...You could eventually over time be conditioned to be gay...Your own research supports that...LMAO

So by that logic, being told it's ok to be straight over and over and being exposed to heterosexual culture, you are eventually conditioned to be straight. Wish someone told the gay people that over the last century.

exactly!! that's why the gay community is the minority....There are more straight people than gay and there for they push the social agenda....

Now if up to gay people it wont be that way long....They are fighting every day to be the most accepted lifestyle and anyone who disagrees with their life style is a bigot or homophobe.....

That is what I am cause I don't agree right?? A Bigot or homophobe??

Still waiting on that scientific evidence to back your opinion...

And yes, it makes you a bigot. Also makes you uneducated because you continue to say (without and evidence, mind you) that being gay is both a choice and a lifestyle.

I already posted it....Just because you didn't read it or refuse to accept it has nothing to do with me. Of course what ever supported your agenda is naturally going to be more valid than mine. That's the way gay rights activists are..They are the victims and are always right. They are always the underdog and need to be heard.....And if you don't agree with them or their agnda you're a bigot.

Thanks bub for proving exactly what I have been saying....You ask for tolerance all over town and as soon as someone doesn't agree with your stance you show just how tolerant you are by calling them a bigot!! LMFAO!!!

Like being born gay agenda this is a bad joke...

So, yes...they used an actual scientific report...but again, they used it incorrectly to prop up the strawman in which they attempted to build.

So they linked science you don't agree with and therefore it is not a valid argument????

Once again I said it before and I will say it again...SORRY YOU DONT AGREE WITH THE SCIENTIFC REFERENCES IN THE ARTICLE.....SORRY IT DOESNT FIT YOUR AGENDA....SORRY THERE IS NO GAY GENE OR SCIENTIFIC BACKING TO SUPPORT BEING BORN GAY!!!

SORRY GAY PEOPLE MADE A CHOICE AND HAVE NO SCIENCE TO BACK UP BEING BORN GAY...

Did you get it this time?

Haha. My posts are really going over your poor little heard aren't they?

I didn't say I disagreed with the report in which they're mentioning. If you paid attention you would see that the scientific report in which they are citing is the SAME SCIENTIFIC REPORT THAT I POSTED AND QUOTED FROM. So...IT'S ACTUALLY RESEARCH I AGREE WITH BECAUSE SCIENCE HAS FOUND EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THE CLAIMS IN WHICH THEY RESEARCHED.

What I DON'T agree with is the way they are using said scientific report to try and, out of nowhere, go on about gay genes. They are using ACTUAL science with ACTUAL EVIDENCE to try and make their strawman appear legitimate.

Does that spell it out for you?

So, AGAIN, because gay genes ARE NOT THE ISSUE...please..provide some actual scientific evidence to support your claim that being gay is both a choice and a lifestyle.

The burden of proof is on you...Anatomical features and the ability to reproduce is scientifically backing my argument.... What's your backing....Epigenetics which is the study of how ones environment may affect their behavior over time??
Are you so dense that you don't see that is what a lot of people her are saying...That if you are raised gay over time youre more likely to be gay??

The term "epigenetic" has also been used in developmental psychology to describe psychological development as the result of an ongoing, bi-directional interchange between heredity and the environment

The developmental psychologist Erik Erikson used the term epigenetic principle in his book Identity: Youth and Crisis (1968), and used it to encompass the notion that we develop through an unfolding of our personality in predetermined stages, and that our environment and surrounding culture influence how we progress through these stages. This biological unfolding in relation to our socio-cultural settings is done in stages of psychosocial development, where "progress through each stage is in part determined by our success, or lack of success, in all the previous stages."[

en.wikipedia.org...

Hahaha. I did provide evidence in my initial posting. You're not understanding the report at all. It's evident that you have no understanding on the topic by your incorrect use of the word epigenetic. Epigenetics is NOT the study of (as you put it) "study of how ones environment may affect their behavior over time". It involves...lo and behold, genetics AND environment. Damn, read that paragraph you, yourself, quoted from wikipedia.

What you're describing, in your words, when you say "study of how ones environment may affect their behavior over time" (again, this is taken from YOUR POST) references everything on an environmental level. How foolish are you? You are defining this in terms of 100% nurture when you, yourself, are attempting to quote a term that is blatantly about genetics and environment.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Moonshinne
My question is, since it appears you're in the Military, if you come across one of these people and don't know how to address them, how about just addressing them......do you get reported for not saying anything whatsoever to them?

The only people you have to address as Mr or Mrs in the military are Warrant Officers. Everyone else is addressed by their rank and last name. So you can be man, woman, or unknown and there should be no issue with being able to address someone properly in the military unless its a Warrant Officer you are speaking to, but then you better be using the prefix they prefer because chances are that WO outranks your ass.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Key word in there is epi...GENETICS. It is still the study of the Genome.....Wow don't even know about what you're trying to sell to everyone... TYPICAL.

The field of epigenetics is quickly growing and with it the understanding that both the environment and individual lifestyle can also directly interact with the genome to influence epigenetic change

Environment means the people around you and how they may influence what you become. This over time and generations could produce a child more acceptable to these behaviors....Some people might call this culture....If you are raised only be gay people to believe gay people are correct, over time and generations you could possibly influence future children to more acceptance of your social behavior.....

Basically what I have been saying the whole time.....If you are always told its ok and over and over are exposed to gay culture...You could eventually over time be conditioned to be gay...Your own research supports that...LMAO

So by that logic, being told it's ok to be straight over and over and being exposed to heterosexual culture, you are eventually conditioned to be straight. Wish someone told the gay people that over the last century.

exactly!! that's why the gay community is the minority....There are more straight people than gay and there for they push the social agenda....

Now if up to gay people it wont be that way long....They are fighting every day to be the most accepted lifestyle and anyone who disagrees with their life style is a bigot or homophobe.....

And yes, it makes you a bigot. Also makes you uneducated because you continue to say (without and evidence, mind you) that being gay is both a choice and a lifestyle.

I already posted it....Just because you didn't read it or refuse to accept it has nothing to do with me. Of course what ever supported your agenda is naturally going to be more valid than mine. That's the way gay rights activists are..They are the victims and are always right. They are always the underdog and need to be heard.....And if you don't agree with them or their agnda you're a bigot.

Thanks bub for proving exactly what I have been saying....You ask for tolerance all over town and as soon as someone doesn't agree with your stance you show just how tolerant you are by calling them a bigot!! LMFAO!!!

So, yes...they used an actual scientific report...but again, they used it incorrectly to prop up the strawman in which they attempted to build.

So they linked science you don't agree with and therefore it is not a valid argument????

Once again I said it before and I will say it again...SORRY YOU DONT AGREE WITH THE SCIENTIFC REFERENCES IN THE ARTICLE.....SORRY IT DOESNT FIT YOUR AGENDA....SORRY THERE IS NO GAY GENE OR SCIENTIFIC BACKING TO SUPPORT BEING BORN GAY!!!

I didn't say I disagreed with the report in which they're mentioning. If you paid attention you would see that the scientific report in which they are citing is the SAME SCIENTIFIC REPORT THAT I POSTED AND QUOTED FROM. So...IT'S ACTUALLY RESEARCH I AGREE WITH BECAUSE SCIENCE HAS FOUND EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THE CLAIMS IN WHICH THEY RESEARCHED.

What I DON'T agree with is the way they are using said scientific report to try and, out of nowhere, go on about gay genes. They are using ACTUAL science with ACTUAL EVIDENCE to try and make their strawman appear legitimate.

So, AGAIN, because gay genes ARE NOT THE ISSUE...please..provide some actual scientific evidence to support your claim that being gay is both a choice and a lifestyle.

The burden of proof is on you...Anatomical features and the ability to reproduce is scientifically backing my argument.... What's your backing....Epigenetics which is the study of how ones environment may affect their behavior over time??
Are you so dense that you don't see that is what a lot of people her are saying...That if you are raised gay over time youre more likely to be gay??

The term "epigenetic" has also been used in developmental psychology to describe psychological development as the result of an ongoing, bi-directional interchange between heredity and the environment

The developmental psychologist Erik Erikson used the term epigenetic principle in his book Identity: Youth and Crisis (1968), and used it to encompass the notion that we develop through an unfolding of our personality in predetermined stages, and that our environment and surrounding culture influence how we progress through these stages. This biological unfolding in relation to our socio-cultural settings is done in stages of psychosocial development, where "progress through each stage is in part determined by our success, or lack of success, in all the previous stages."[

en.wikipedia.org...

Hahaha. I did provide evidence in my initial posting. You're not understanding the report at all. It's evident that you have no understanding on the topic by your incorrect use of the word epigenetic. Epigenetics is NOT the study of (as you put it) "study of how ones environment may affect their behavior over time". It involves...lo and behold, genetics AND environment. Damn, read that paragraph you, yourself, quoted from wikipedia.

What you're describing, in your words, when you say "study of how ones environment may affect their behavior over time" (again, this is taken from YOUR POST) references everything on an environmental level. How foolish are you? You are defining this in terms of 100% nurture when you, yourself, are attempting to quote a term that is blatantly about genetics and environment.

So Wikipedia is wrong and you're right....Got it....

I guess Wikipedia is wrong because they didn't support your agenda....They must be bigots too....

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

I guess Wikipedia is wrong because they didn't support your agenda....They must be bigots too....

This coming from the person who just casually dismissed a scientific article by suggesting that science was pushing an agenda only four posts above this one.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The relationship between biology and sexual orientation is a subject of research. A simple and singular determinant for sexual orientation has not been conclusively demonstrated; various studies point to different, even conflicting positions, but scientists hypothesize that a combination of genetic, hormonal, and social factors determine sexual orientation.[1][2][3]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Lrn2read. I didn't say wikipedia was wrong. I said they were right. I am saying you're wrong. Wikipedia mentions that epigenetics is about GENETICS and environment. You quoted wikipedia's correct definition and tried to use it to back up your opinion all while wording it yourself as "study of how ones environment may affect their behavior over time". You contradicted yourself in your own post. Good job.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

and, 1, 2, 3... you'll whine about being branded an incentive racist homophobe, even tho no one did. getting so damn old.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I dismissed nothing....Only posted a counter argument. and then posted another...and another.. and another....

All of which were not accepted as a valid .....But I'm just a bigot..

link   

Or..........you can just keep your mouth shut!

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

What push? Scientists investigate everything that is unknown to them.

And just because theories change didn't change the fact that there is a biological component. Every study backs up that fact. They all just have their own hypotheses.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The relationship between biology and sexual orientation is a subject of research. A simple and singular determinant for sexual orientation has not been conclusively demonstrated; various studies point to different, even conflicting positions, but scientists hypothesize that a combination of genetic, hormonal, and social factors determine sexual orientation.[1][2][3]

en.wikipedia.org...

You make yourself look very foolish. Did you read that wiki paragraph you just posted? Because within that very paragraph it contradicts and proves wrong the ENTIRE point you've been foolishly trying to argue. Because, clearly, you lack the ability to even read the stuff you're posting, I'll quote what you quoted:

combination of genetic, hormonal, and social factors determine sexual orientation

This shows that BEING GAY IS NOT A CHOICE, NOR IS IT A LIFESTYLE. It is epigenetics.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

So it is the study of how environment may affect genetics over time?? So ENVIRONEMNT or AKA how someone is raised may affect how they think in the future??
Shocking....Being gay is a learned behavior...

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

So it is the study of how environment may affect genetics over time?? So ENVIRONEMNT or AKA how someone is raised may affect how they think in the future??

You are the master of cherry picking stuff to suit your agenda.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I dismissed nothing....Only posted a counter argument. and then posted another...and another.. and another....

All of which were not accepted as a valid .....But I'm just a bigot..

Lol. This:

Why the push to have science back gay people up on their life choice???

Isn't a counter-argument. It is just a lazy dismissal. A counter argument would break down the findings of the study and refute that. You clearly just skimmed it and found the first thing you could disagree with and used that to dismiss the whole article without reading it or understanding it further.
edit on 6-7-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

Again, you do not understand epigenetics. You are incorrectly phrasing it with the entire 'over time' nonsense you keep tacking on. It has to do with GENETICS over time (meaning generations). It's not as if a persons actual genetics are changing willy nilly as they are aging and going throughout life. Do you know how genetics work? I don't think you do. This has to do with genetic makeup, which occurs BEFORE BIRTH.

Your genetics aren't going to change after you're born. If I'm born with brown hair and get adopted into a family full of blonds, my hair color won't change to blonde over time.
edit on 6-7-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: (no reason given)

link   

en.wikipedia.org...

You make yourself look very foolish. Did you read that wiki paragraph you just posted? Because within that very paragraph it contradicts and proves wrong the ENTIRE point you've been foolishly trying to argue. Because, clearly, you lack the ability to even read the stuff you're posting, I'll quote what you quoted:

combination of genetic, hormonal, and social factors determine sexual orientation

This shows that BEING GAY IS NOT A CHOICE, NOR IS IT A LIFESTYLE. It is epigenetics.

What do you think social factors are? What is the environment??? It is how people are raised and how that may affect them in the future....And you're saying I'm dense....Sheesh can't you read what you posted....It says social factors and environment may affect how a person acts or thinks over time. And that those learned behaviors could be passed on over time...

Some may liken this to animal instincts....Like how a gazelle knows how to run or walk quicker than other animals because their environment makes them prey and they need to learn to act like the other gazelles to survive...It is learned/passed down behaviors.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

No. It isn't. Environment refers to any external stimuli. My whole post on behavior genetics explains how this all works and why homosexuality is not a choice or learned behavior.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

What do you think social factors are? What is the environment??? It is how people are raised and how that may affect them in the future....And you're saying I'm dense....Sheesh can't you read what you posted....It says social factors and environment may affect how a person acts or thinks over time. And that those learned behaviors could be passed on over time...

Some may liken this to animal instincts....Like how a gazelle knows how to run or walk quicker than other animals because their environment makes them prey and they need to learn to act like the other gazelles to survive...It is learned/passed down behaviors.

Again you look foolish. Genetic makeup and social factors are two different things. The way you word things proves you have this weird and out of nowhere assumption that your genetics can just simply change throughout your life.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join