It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gender pay gap for White House staff triples under Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
BTW, these bums are paid hella much for what they do. I work in AI to replace people with machines, and I don't get paid that much. I get paid like 60 grand a year tops, usually 50 grand a year, and I have a Master's degree.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I love how these inflammatory articles, which obviously only exist to fuel the trigger-points of people happy to regurgitate partisan talking points, never dive deep enough to approach the really important questions, like are more men hired that more experience or more knowledge or more skills or they work longer hours, therefore appropriately earning more? I mean, it notes that 74% of Trump's top staffers are men, so obviously that's going to create a higher average for the male employees.

If you're implying that it's better to hire more women in top positions simply because they are women in order to even out the difference in median wages, that's an asinine thing to propose. People should be hired for their qualifications, not their gender. I'm in no way saying that he has hired the best-qualified for every position, but this garbage about male-versus-female is a pathetic attempt to demonize every little nook and cranny of an administration that certain groups don't like.

And I thought the progressive people that always bring up wage gap are the same people that who argue that there are not only male and female genders in the world. What if some of these top-earning men identify as women, and some of the women identify as men? Would that make it better? Worse?

There cannot be 58 gender options on Facebook to appease those who pretend that one's sex doesn't matter, and then have some of the same people scream about a gender pay gap and only use male and female.

You cannot have it both ways...especially when a "study" ignores many pertinent variables that matter in determining if the wage gap is because of misogyny, as you imply, or because the 47.1% of Trump's staff that are women hold positions that have a lower pay grade for valid reasons. Remember, the mantra is "equal pay for equal work," but it should also include things like equal time, equal experience, equal skill sets, equal work ethic, equal aptitude, etc., etc.

This is a non-story on a relatively trivial issue that has been proven to be a mostly false claim all along.
edit on 6-7-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

First off I'd like a brake down of each job position and the gender and pay of each.
Without that those numbers in this article mean nothing. Can it be shown that
a woman DOING THE EXACT SAME JOB as a man is paid less. My guess is that the women
being cited in this article are paid less because they hold lower positions of power.

Second, and I'm know trumpster, but how is it possible that trump has anything to do
with how people get paid in washington? Does the president sit down and decide
all 400 whitehouse workers pay?
edit on 6-7-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
It is federal law the same position is paid the same amount regardless of gender. Since no one has sued Trump, that means the law has not been broken.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
It is federal law the same position is paid the same amount regardless of gender. Since no one has sued Trump, that means the law has not been broken.

Outrage articles that feed peoples appetite to hate everything trump. Click bate

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Articles like this represent the typical shallow analysis from the left. This is why it is hard to have a logical and rational debate as one side is completely devoid of in depth analysis of facts, figures, and statistics but instead appeals to emotion.

You see this kind of shoddy analysis on a variety of topics but the headlines are succinct enough to bury into the psyche of the sheeple who believe it without actually digging any deeper. Pick a topic, global warming, taxes, gender pay gaps, racism, etc and you will see this third grade logic on display from the left.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

aw buster as smart as you like to pretend to be or are you being intellectually dishonest, any way you should know that the U.S. government sets pay grade and steps.
here my post from the other thread.i would dare say that all the people being talked about employed at the white house are U.S employees. ever heard of GS 15 or it's above my pay grade, where do you think those came from.

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: allsee4eye

i maybe be wrong but doesn't the government set pay scale for employees.

nope i'm not,

so i guess it depends on what their pay grade and what step their at. so trump had nothing to do with it.

the table comes from here, warning opens a pdf.
www.opm.gov... eave/salaries-wages/salary-tables/pdf/2017/DCB.pdf

and this is the website.
Pay & Leave SALARIES & WAGES

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 6-7-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Really though. . . . how much does it actually pay to make sammiches for the men at the White House?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

it pays pretty good,

The White House Executive Chef made between $80,000 and $100,000 annually in 2005.[21] The chef receives no overtime, and the workload can vary considerably depending on whether the First Family is in residence or traveling, if there is a special event, or if a holiday occurs.[28]
White House Executive Chef

they just don't let any Dick and Jane make the sammiches.

ETA: plus a lot of the lower chefs are in the navy, or at least they were. everybody knows that the navy had the best chow and chefs.
edit on 6-7-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
That article is exactly what we mean when we say "fake news"...

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

The typical female staffer in Trump's White House earns 63.2 cents per $1 earned by a typical male staffer,

Until I see specifics..like work hours...competence of an individual at question...talk of gender pay gap is ridiculous.

In case you didn't notice, a high majority of his top advisors are men. This is part of the reason he has a pay gap. He doesn't hire women as often for the high-paying jobs.
edit on 06amThu, 06 Jul 2017 08:30:49 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Maybe less women applied. Maybe less qualified women applied. Maybe Obama hired less qualified people to meet quotas. I have yet to see any evidence at all pointing to Trump.

edit on 6-7-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The question I have to ask is what are the specific jobs that these people are doing, does Trump put guys into the jobs where he yells at them more because he does not want to yell at a woman? If I were president, which would never happen, I would put guys under me and expect more of them, I do not like to upset women, they seem to take things so personal all the time when you get down on them. Constructive criticism is very essential sometimes, but try that with a woman and you might bring on world war seven.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Yea this is pure bull crap and should be in trash bin. Partisan BS.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
well i do know one thing any women can a man never will payed maternity leave .
heck even mC Donald has it I know as my sons former went back to the one she worked at after the kid was born .
I want = pay and demand it as well ( pregnancy is hard ( ever go through labor with a women you will see lolololol.
Ps my wife had american Indian in her it took 5 minits)
it was time to go home . ( ready to go home she says Like ho hum no big deal ( really looked like a bad gas attack more then labor for her and she did it 6 times ho hum ready to go dear .
Now really ladys if child birth is so bad why would you do it Twice? I mean I hate pain as much as you say you do and would not put my self in a place taht could cause it when I can keep it from happing .
PS child birth IS NOT the most painful thing possible . 3rd degree burns are ( second lousing a eye (which I have )
tell you what ill trade my eye for 20 births any day .

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
ps heart attack is no fun ether ( stress heart attack felt like someone hit me with a sleg hammer for weeks not hours

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

The typical female staffer in Trump's White House earns 63.2 cents per $1 earned by a typical male staffer,

Until I see specifics..like work hours...competence of an individual at question...talk of gender pay gap is ridiculous.

Absolutely...Did anyone mention which jobs they are performing??? Of course not...They just don't stop with the fake news...

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Buster, not that you care, I expect more of you.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Yes - particularly the last line which the OP conveniently missed (otherwise he wouldn't have written his first sentence)

Trump has said that he backs equal pay for women and in February called helping women in the workforce a priority for his administration.

What is he waiting for Christmas? He could have changed that the day he walked into office but didn't did he. And it nice to see the usual hypocrisy spouted by his supporters. You know the whine about Obama crowd but when Donnie it its ok.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: darkbake

Maybe less women applied. Maybe less qualified women applied. Maybe Obama hired less qualified people to meet quotas. I have yet to see any evidence at all pointing to Trump.

Or women just didn't want to take the chance of being sexually assaulted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join