It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gender pay gap for White House staff triples under Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

The gender pay gap for White House staffers is three times larger under the Trump administration than it was during President Obama's last year in office, according to a think tank's analysis. Conservative think tank American Enterprise Institute (AEI) on Monday found that since Trump took office, female staffers are making a median of $72,650 while male staffers earn a median of $115,000. "The typical female staffer in Trump's White House earns 63.2 cents per $1 earned by a typical male staffer," AEI scholar Mark Perry wrote - a gap of nearly 37 percent. The pay gap stood at about 11 percent during former President Obama's last year in office, and the national pay gap clocks in at roughly 17 percent, the report said. The data, compiled by AEI and reported on by The Washington Post, found that when median salaries are used instead of average salaries, the pay gap shoots up from the initial 20 percent difference first reported on.

Looks like our misogynist in chief is at it again making sure women make and get employed even less than when Obama was in office. Where are the screams of not fair by the right wingers who complained when Obama didn't pay women enough? May be Donnie should talk to his daughter who wants women treated better in the workplace.

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

The typical female staffer in Trump's White House earns 63.2 cents per $1 earned by a typical male staffer,

Until I see specifics..like work hours...competence of an individual at question...talk of gender pay gap is ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
bu... bu.. but muh feelins.

I don't guess they did the math on Trump not taking a salary in that report.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Then i guess your "misogynist in chief", as you described him must be a very "bad businessman" . He should employ more female staff since they cost less according to your article.

Below are 2 videos that debunk the feminist myth of "Gender Wage Gap".

The Wage Gap Debunked In 4 Minutes

There Is No Gender Wage Gap

Peace

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
If true they should take the federal government to court for not following it's own laws that it passed decades ago.

But it'd have to be true to do that. Which it isn't.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
want to interject some more here...

There is also a pay gap between male employees. For instance...some of my colleagues earn more then I do...some earn less then I do. I know this...because I'm the DBA of HR database in my firm.

Nobody yaps about this inequality among peers. You know why...because we...guys...are perfectly aware that some of us do a better job-....some of us have way more knowledge and experience in the work we do, some are just getting started and are naturally payed less.

This is all given and natural. It is impossible to do stats on "typical staffer"...whether male of female. Word typical is misleading. We are not drones...but individuals. Some work better and are therefore recognized as such and are payed more. ALso..some things are dictated by the market.

I'm an Oracle DBA...and am payed more then the MSSQL DBA...even though we would fall under your category of "typical DBA staffer"...but the market dictates...because ORacle DBA's are way more scarce then MS ones...that they are worth more and payed more.

And in the end...what determines your pay additionally to your knowledge and experience...is...your character. Are you willing to fight for a better pay ?

That's all there is to this pay gap thing.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I was under the impression that White House positions had salaries assigned to them - not the humans that fill those positions? The humans fulfill the job description of the position they are appointed to.

Is this not the case?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   
So the f#k what. What job surrounding today's politics are not without guilt?

Female or male should be equally compensated for f#king up our lives??

Get a large reality coffee to go and realize that unequal pay grades are merely a distraction from a system that does incredibly better than you monetarily, and at the same time, has no regard with ruining your personal bottom line to justify global corporate takeovers.

F# right or left.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
74% of Trump's top staffers are male compared to Obamas 52%, which is from your own source. Weve pointed it out numerous times already. You need to read the full article with these hard left sites. The facts tend to be buried in the bottom of the article.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
74% of Trump's top staffers are male compared to Obamas 52%, which is from your own source. Weve pointed it out numerous times already. You need to read the full article with these hard left sites. The facts tend to be buried in the bottom of the article.

So what? Do you benefit personally by choosing a more fair and balanced side to the topic?

Get real..we can split hairs all freaking day and for what?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Yes - particularly the last line which the OP conveniently missed (otherwise he wouldn't have written his first sentence)

Trump has said that he backs equal pay for women and in February called helping women in the workforce a priority for his administration.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Your article is factually dishonest. How can you compare pay when people have different job titles? This is like comparing the janitor and a dr, yea both work at the hospital, but hold completely different duties.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Quit picking on me guys, I'm sorry I read the full article. I'll crawl back in my hole now.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

Your article is factually dishonest. How can you compare pay when people have different job titles? This is like comparing the janitor and a dr, yea both work at the hospital, but hold completely different duties.

Yet if you wax floors or heal wounds, you are still complicit in the overall scheme of things.

Let's argue compensation to dismiss responsibility.

Garbage.... this whole topic.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
SHhhh. Dont bring logic and facts into one of the OP's anti-Trump threads,,,ruins their day

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

according to a think tank's analysis

Another Fake, Overblown Story

!**!

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I have had this conversation about the "gap" with friends in the pub. I let them rattle off their stats and evidence then I go in for the blow with a simple question:

"Why do companies hire men then?"

If it was real, men wouldn't be hired, companies would go for the cheap work force.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Looks like our misogynist in chief is at it again making sure women make and get employed even less than when Obama was in office. Where are the screams of not fair by the right wingers who complained when Obama didn't pay women enough? May be Donnie should talk to his daughter who wants women treated better in the workplace.

Right, no taking into account positions held, just "staffers".

If comparing like for like does not matter, he could just flat out fire the lowest paid female staffers to get rid of the wage gap. Or just make up intern-like positions and fill them only with men.

Puff!
No wage gap!
The most woman friendly president ever!

Anyone else see a problem with a method of determining a wage gap that allow for such a fix?

edit on 6-7-2017 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Yawn. This is like saying the correlation between ice cream and crime is proof ice cream causes crime.

I have an idea, how about he fire EVERY female staffer except one who he pays a lot and then you will champion him as a defender of women's rights .. right? They will get paid more, that's all you care about it seems.
edit on 6-7-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

They pay the same salary to men and women for the same position. There are far more higher ranked men than higher ranked women in the Trump admin.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join