It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.8 and lower aftershock quake just hit in Montana

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
More info soon, but yeah, this looks big and bad.

I'm showing all red on spectro.

Holy crap!
edit on Thu Jul 6th 2017 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

USGS: 5.8

earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on Thu Jul 6th 2017 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican
This is that one we have been speculating would show up for the last couple of weeks?? Not super caldera big, but like 6.0+ big maybe??
Also, links, link us please so we do not have to navigate through Fragile Earth to find the links to the seismographs please!!!
edit on 7-6-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Oh crap, now another one coming in...

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I am feeling many shocks in NW montana. not huge, but big enough to knock things off the entertainment center. Family all over western Montana is feeling them.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Hmm, nothing showing on:

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

or

earthquake.usgs.gov...

EDIT: Ah, USGS just updated. Says 5.8 near Lincoln, Montana.
edit on 6-7-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I read there has been swarms lately, but there is no link to a story on this? Where are you getting this?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Feeling shocks in Helena, Missoula, Kalispell at the same time. Family is pretty freaked out and so are the animals. The earth feels...... queasy.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This might be in montana, not sure yet, waiting on USGS

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
and meanwhile in the real world - life goes on

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
extreme dp
edit on 7-6-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Montana

# # # #!! is it a cover up in real time?!?1?! Do the USGS not want us to know until the day time?? Why not showing on the USGS???

Is their system old and obsolete?? Because I know True American and yourself are not lying. I don't think it, I know it! So something has to give here.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I seriously think I felt it! It felt like the ground was going up and down, kind of like being made to be seasick. I was sitting, and it felt like I was moving up and down quite a bit. That's the first one I've ever felt. I would describe it like rolling, kind of like being on a roller coaster-but different. I suspected it was a quake. I wondered if old Yellowstone had gone off yet.... Guess not. It sure is warm and clammy outside tonight. The weather was like a swamp in Yellowstone County Montana tonight. It tried to rain earlier, and there was some lighting-but not much. At this point, if it does go off I will say that it's going to be a hell of an interesting ride. Thank you for posting this thread!

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Be safe peeps.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
it's good if it's releasing pressure tho right?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Updated OP:

5.8 + smaller aftershock in Montana.

Sorry guys, you see, I had just changed server setups today, and didn't have my perimeter stations up around Yellowstone park yet. FFS, of all the times for that to happen! If that would have been just yesterday, my perimeter stations would have been up and I would have seen immediately that it wasn't Yellowstone. It's complicated. But wow. That's a big quake.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
ok it is showing a 5.8 in Montana SE of Lincoln. Not too bad.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Nothing for a while now. Feels a lot calmer and the animals are settling down.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Im scouring Lincoln, Montana on twitter to see if anyone documents damage, but so far just maps.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

The thing we are all wondering is if this is related in any way to Yellowstone? My mother is in eastern Idaho, very close to Yellowstone, so this concerns me. Your thoughts? Thanks for the thread TA.
edit on 6-7-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I am in Yellowstone County and definitely felt it. Let us hope that this isn't just the foreshock! I hope it's just releasing pressure. Thank goodness for ATS keeping us up to date! I learned a lot about earthquakes in the past here. I always seemed to figure that "I live in Montana and earthquakes are just not something we have to worry about that much." I learned in the last couple years when that quake went off in Lakeside. I think it was a 4.6 or something. I have a friend that lives up there in the Flathead Valley and felt it. What a time to be alive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join