It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amelia Earhart May Have Survived Crash-Landing, Newly Discovered Photo Suggests

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
what no one seems to have addressed - is what is missing from that pic [ if the claims made are true ]

I have been looking at this pic with fresher eyes this morning. Still don't have an answer why Noonans lower body is missing and why it looks like a second blurry arm extends downward from his bent elbow. The shovel/sign/top of a post still is floating in mid air in front of his face? Plus the guy in background facing him...seems to be walking with a forward momentum towards him...yet seems awkward with other guy walking opposite?

To me...it does appear that Noonan has been added in this pic. The blurring out beneath his half body looks like another fisherman was originally there.

Edit add: the question should be....why and when was this picture doctored and for what reason?
edit on 7 6 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

The article suggests she died a captive.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

The photo has been confirmed as not altered .
It's an old photo.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
i was checking out a couple of links this morning, came across this.

first, it looks like what i thought might be the aircraft is different than what the experts think.

this is from a people article, in it they say that the plane is on a barge behind the ship on the right.

link for above,Does This Photo Prove Amelia Earhart Survived Her Final Flight?

i also found this one, it is a commemorative stamp collection that was released in 1987. which was inspired by the locals of the islands stories.

link for above,Amelia Earhart Controversy HOME

i realize that they may have had experts looking at this, but there are two things that stick out to me.
they say the plane is 38 foot long, which is true, but,

it was a twin engine aircraft, even though it's a blurry image, i think that you could make out at least one engine on the wing that can be seen.

it also had twin tail fins. you can not see any here.

if you look at the stamp, you will see that the bridge of the ship and smoke stack match the image i posted in the OP.
add that to the fact the way the nose points up, and the stories that the locals told, i still say that it on the ship.

granted the stamp shows it on the stern of the ship and hanging by cables. i would dare say that is artist license.

but i'm no expert.

edit on 6-7-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1
a reply to: burgerbuddy

That is what I was thinking.

If she was captured where are the guards?

Not saying it isn't her. Could be.

It's possible that we're imagining "capture" wrong. Earhart & Noonan couldn't possibly escape the Japanese forces. Did they even have a gun? It might have been more like "they were taken into custody," and things went sideways afterwards.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

PRECISELY - the claims made of the pic make no sense what so ever

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Amy’s letter was sent to Bill Prymak by researcher Art Parchen. After reading the full transcript of her Los Angeles Times interview, Parchen concluded that the source of Amy’s uncanny knowledge about her daughter’s death may have been Eleanor Roosevelt – who Parchen, among others, believes enjoyed a special relationship with Amelia Earhart. “Eleanor Roosevelt told Amelia’s mother what happened out of compassion for her anguish,” Parchen wrote in his August 1994 letter to Prymak and the Amelia Earhart Society.  “It was her way of ‘giving something back’ to the mother of the woman who taught her how to fly. You cannot read the L.A. Times interview without being convinced that Amy Otis Earhart really KNEW and ‘had it on good authority.'”

Parchen, who passed away at 85 in 2012, may have nailed it.  Eleanor Roosevelt could well have known of Amelia’s death or capture by the Japanese, and if so, it means President Franklin D. Roosevelt knew the truth long before U.S. military forces found Amelia’s Electra in a hangar at Aslito Field on Saipan in the summer of 1944, something many researchers have long suspected.

Amy Earhart's stunning 1944 letter and more details from early newspapers and witnesses

Throughout the years, this rumor has been around. Tokyo citizens were celebrating the rumor that Japanese fishermen recovered her and Noonan. The above quote and article is from 2014. The website does provide a lot more details regarding the search. 

Admittedly, I still have issues with this pic that is provided. Without Noonan it falls apart. To me...it seems like the only touched up spot in this pic occurs where Noonan is. Even if this picture is not true...the rumors and witness stories still leave it in the most possible theories. 

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: CynConcepts

The photo has been confirmed as not altered .
It's an old photo.

Then if that is Noonans hand holding on to that post...can someone explain to me why his thumb is on the wrong side of his hand? Looks painfully uncomfortable!

Edit add: zooming into the lower half of Noonan's body, shows two legs facing camera and an arm blurred out that seems to be holding the pole correctly. Simply too many inconsistencies.
edit on 7 6 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Throughout the years, this rumor has been around. Tokyo citizens were celebrating the rumor that Japanese fishermen recovered her and Noonan.

Interesting. If the boat is a Japanese fishing trawler, then she wasn't really "captured" they way we're all imagining it. There wouldn't be any guards. It would only be later, when they turned her over to the authorities (presumably the Japanese Imperial Navy) that the trouble would start.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

thanks for the link. i've heard the story about the Marines finding her plane before. makes one wonder why after all these years that if true, why the U.S. government is still hiding the truth? i could see during the war years and even for a short timer afterwards. but after 80 years it's time to come clean.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Please use existing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join