It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amelia Earhart May Have Survived Crash-Landing, Newly Discovered Photo Suggests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
i've always had a interest with the Earhart disappearance mystery and when ever i see something about it i watch or read.

as you probably know there are many theories as what happened to her and her navigator Fred Noonan. on july 9th the History Channel will air a special that speculates that she and Noonan survived, and were captured by the Japanese.

The photo, marked "Jaluit Atoll" and believed to have been taken in 1937, shows a short-haired woman — potentially Earhart — on a dock with her back to the camera. (She's wearing pants, something for which Earhart was known.) She sits near a standing man who looks like Noonan — down to the hairline.

could this be finally solved, or just one more theory?

then there this,

The photo shows a Japanese ship, Koshu, towing a barge with something that appears to be 38-feet-long — the same length as Earhart's plane.

i cropped this from the photo, in the article link below and posted here. i don't see a barge. but i do see what look like the way a Lockheed Model 10 Electra sits and it's silver/ aluminum sitting on a ship.

from the article, if you look to the left in the back ground you can see the ship.

cropped image

pretty damn convincing to me.

the article,
Amelia Earhart May Have Survived Crash-Landing, Newly Discovered Photo Suggests

edit on 6-7-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Not trying to be funny or put a downer on this...

But that little white smudge in the far background could be anything.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

well that's true, but if you ever seen the way a electra sits when on a run way with the nose pointed up. could be one.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I saw this just now on the news, interesting.

^^ the image here is not as clear as the one they showed on the item I saw, it is definitely a woman, wearing pants. And the guy with the distinct hair line, well who knows.

Only thing sticking out for me, is someone would surely have a record of this and in this day and age it would be no real issue to present it.. and if what the article I saw has any accuracy to it, they also claimed the US had knowledge of this. Perhaps that is why it is being kept.

Either way, those who investigated it are certain... which really is meaningless, but still..

-- ETA, I thought you meant the people, not the thing being dragged..
edit on 6/7/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I can see the resemblance.

I'll be honest though, if you showed me that picture without context, probably the last thing I'd say is "that's Emelia Earhart's plane".

Of course I'm not an expert either, so there is that.

Hopefully she wasn't captured. That'd be horrific.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

talking about both. what made me think it could be real, is the way that what ever is on the ship/ barge is sitting with the nose pointed up. sits just like the model 10 does.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Yeesh so instead of dying in a plane crash she dies as a captive of the imperial Japanese.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The Japanese had not yet declared war on the USA. What's the motivation?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

i'm not one either, i just have some interest in aircraft and this mystery. if i hadn't seen the one part i quoted, i probably wouldn't have noticed it.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

oil we were going back and forth with them in trade, and they were invading other parts of the world at the time. they also were at war with china and we were allies with them.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

US spying?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

that's not a given, but it is the most likely possibility. if true the mystery would have a answer and she and Noonan would finally get the credit they deserve.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Earlier Thread

Already posted

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay

US spying?

Apparently the Japanese were not as smart then as they are today. Earhart spying on Japan from a small empty island in 1937?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
It's a rock.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay

US spying?

Apparently the Japanese were not as smart then as they are today. Earhart spying on Japan from a small empty island in 1937?

She was on a circumnavigational flight. The idea is that she was taking photographs from the aircraft of Japanese military installations that did exist in the area at that time.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Oh my ETA was to the post saying the thing could be anything. Not your post. I agree with you !

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
what no one seems to have addressed - is what is missing from that pic [ if the claims made are true ]

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
what no one seems to have addressed - is what is missing from that pic [ if the claims made are true ]

Japanese?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

That is what I was thinking.

If she was captured where are the guards?

Not saying it isn't her. Could be.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join