It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea Will Not Launch Until We Do.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
It does "our dear leader" no good to launch a missle as soon as he gets one. He is still comfortably in power , with no immediate threat to his position. It would be foolish for him to attack and illogical. The actions of a "mustache twirling villian " rather than a thinking, reasoning and scheming humN being.

However if the US or some other faction were to act preemptively and Kim jun un thinks he is on the verge of being ousted.......

We all know what happens to ousted dictators....

So at that point why not write yourself into the history books.....

It will most likely be South Korea he hits. Since they have so much animosity Andre would be striking the most likely staging area for anyone trying to invade.

That said we don't need anymore nuclear powers...

We already have 9 and that is 8 to many...

Even having 8 makes a Russia vs the US type exchange , long term almost inevitable and then we are playing for the species people. There will be no "next generation"... not likely.

Every nuclear power, every new administration (absolutely including the US) is a dice roll until we finally get a hitler, and then that Hitler's power and life is threatened.

So I honestly could see a situation where North Korea launching a single nuke is preferable to allowing them to amass 10,000 and then get ousted in 3 decades...

Leading to that before mentioned Armageddon anyway...

Just an observation.

edit on 5-7-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Honestly...

This is being beaten to death the last day and a half...

Kim is not suicidal, or he would have done something extremely stupid already.

Anyone who thinks this tinpot dictator is going to bring it to the U.S is a paranoid, delusion artist.
Being kind there.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

It does "our dear leader" no good to launch a missle as soon as he gets one. He is still comfortably in power , with no immediate threat to his position. It would be foolish for him to attack and illogical.

Look into all the threats Lil Kim has made toward the U.S and S.K. and you'll see that Kim is way past logical thinking. He's been foaming at the mouth for years and crazy little psycho dictators should not have nuclear weapons.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Tell me David, because no one seems to answer this question when I ask them, maybe you will enlighten me...

Would you let your neighbour decide what guns you can and can't have to defend your home?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

South Korea???

WTF is going on?

Are you

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408
Well if I was insane and could easily be baker acted due to my actions and words, me letting people decide for me is no longer legally relevant. Same goes for Mr Kim. it does not matter if he feels we have no right for what he uses to defend his home. After constantly pointing weapons at his neighbor, even firing a shot now and then, all the while threatening to kill his neighbor in the most atrocious way possible, it is clearly passed time to baker act him.

Thats my view on the matter. If your neighbor discharged rounds towards your property and family, and constantly threatened to kill you while pointing the muzzle in your vicinity, he needs to be committed, or at the very least have his weapons removed before he hurts others.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Shhhhhh don't tell the warmongering fearsome people.

They're the ones that will poke a stick at a pit bull until it gets pissed off and bites them. Then turn around and call animal control for someone having an aggressive animal.

Let him have as many weapons as he desires. I would want defense too if there was a bully threatening me with a baseball bat every time I stepped outside.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Maybe it's not a solid analogy.
I think the jist of it makes sense, but I do take your words into consideration.

Fact is though, Kim has never said anything about a first strike, only retaliation.

I don't find that to be insane to be honest. I find that normal. Self defence is natural.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Well if I was insane and could easily be baker acted due to my actions and words

Leave Trump out of this.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
Shhhhhh don't tell the warmongering fearsome people.

They're the ones that will poke a stick at a pit bull until it gets pissed off and bites them. Then turn around and call animal control for someone having an aggressive animal.

Let him have as many weapons as he desires. I would want defense too if there was a bully threatening me with a baseball bat every time I stepped outside.

Who is the bully , Ol Great One Moe ?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Would you let your neighbour decide what guns you can and can't have to defend your home?

With all due respect, I've read your comments concerning the matter and I think we're close in conclusion.

That being said, it's not a fair analogy.

I live in a good neighborhood, I want my neighbors to be protected.

North Korea is not my neighbor. There society and culture is very unique and does not assimilate with the global politics.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Just an observation; NK has a submarine fleet of 70+ vessels.

Note: According to a report published by BBC in 2010, "The North Korean military is in possession of a fleet of about 70 submarines, comprised of approximately 20 Romeo class submarines (1,800 tons), 40 Sang-O class submarines (300 tons) and 10 midget submarines including the Yono class submarines (130 tons)."

-wikipedia.

Now rather then trust his few precious nukes to ballistic missiles that can be shot down, wouldn't it be sensible to load a few onto subs and send the fleet out at once? The US might be hard pressed to sink them all not knowing which one has the nukes.

Sail into Tokyo Bay and press a button; Kaboom. . . . .

Or launch from a sub close to target.

And wasn't there nuke shells developed to fire from cannons?

There are a heck of a lot of cannons on the NK/SK border.

I'll stay unconcerned untill the NK sub fleet sails all at once, the cannon fire would follow.

Ballistic missiles are just bulldust. Better ways to nuke old grudges from WW2.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Tell me David, because no one seems to answer this question when I ask them, maybe you will enlighten me...

If I was in a literal state of war with my neighbor, and my neighbor was bat # crazy with a dozen starving kids because all the money they get they spend on weapons? I would do everything I could to limit the weapons they had.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Was it retaliation in 2015 when they fired at loudspeakers??
Or 2010 when they shelled an Island and killed two SK soldiers?

The regime there, and the members of the ruling Dynasty who are the heads of their state are clearly probing for opportunities to strike whenever they can. We must not only confront those challenges as they arise, but work on a serious multi-national effort to actually liberate the resources people of the North from the criminal regime that threatens regional peace! The Chinese can have their equivalent to the line Russia drew in East Ukraine, the rest can be re-united as just The Republic of Korea. Then we move the DMZ to that line, wait a couple generations, and see what happens.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
He's not yet capable of "doing something stupid yet", but sure has no quarrels threatening us.
IMHO The US has just been holding off until the DPRK is actually capable. Until then, it's just a wait n see.

Sanction after sanction to keep em behind if we can, but once the threat is real, expect havok.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

You can't just put adolescent ICBMs on some of the oldest subs in the world.

They need solid fuel to have the oxygen to burn through water and space, also need to be much smaller than North Korea's capabilities.

Their nukes aren't quite small and reliable enough, and the missiles aren't even at a consistent and accurate point.

They're a long way off, most countries (seven to nine) who have nukes don't have much better delivery than air craft.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Would you let your neighbor decide what guns you can and can't have to defend your home?

That's a good (bad) straw man as far as straw mans go. It has no relevance to Kim Un. If you had a psycho living next door to you, who was brandishing all his weapons including illegal ones, testing them out in his back yard, as well as threatening your family and your friends, then your neighbors and you would be more than justified in taking actions to stopping him before he goes full blown mental.. Oh, Kim Un already has been that though.

And nobody would misinterpret that as him defending his home. Especially when no body is attacking him. Kim Un is so paranoid he just believes everyone is going to get him when all they want is for him to STFU.

edit on 6-7-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

If you are deemed unfit to have them, then definitely.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

He gets concessions from the other world powers to quiet down. Making it completely logical.. profitable no less.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
My only opinion on North Korea is a very valuable lesson I learned in life - never underestimate your enemy while you overestimate yourself.

edit on 6-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join